Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 5)

2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 758 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
moriahface
mmstry
DAVEJ82470547
  • Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Find where I said they stood a chance to win. I didn’t even bring up Fine Line in my original post. It was an observation going off of another user who pointed out that recent winners have had no features, which is true. It’s also true that they’ve been short. YOU brought up Fine Line, not me. Thanks!

Yeah, I’m sure that was you pointing out how likely Highwomen and Gaslighter are to win

Academy award winner and 2x emmy winner NicoLEGEND Kidman
    Future EGOTer GODlivia Rodrigo

Profile picture
    moriahface
    Topics:

Yeah, I’m sure that was you pointing out how likely Highwomen and Gaslighter are to win

I was listing other albums that are short and sweet, have no features, and are in contention for a nom because you automatically assumed I was referencing fine line when I mentioned the pattern of past winners. Reading comprehension is truly a gift. 😌

Profile picture
    folklorevoodoo
    Topics:

harry ain’t winning anything pack it up

ⓘ 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗲.

Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

People saying that folklore, and fine line are locks to not get in are dumb. People saying that they are locks to get in are also dumb. You are all dumb. (BARF!)

Profile picture
    sara
    Topics:

I can totally see Harry getting a AOTY nom but to win? It would be a deserving win but there is no way

Taylor Swift 3x AOTY winner
    waiting for Speak Now (TV)

Profile picture
    Adam 🎹
    Topics:

yes but we aint sure though.. well-respected musicians like stevie nicks, bon jovi admire Fine Line plus he may have rock voters on his side.. his album was also part in rolling stones 500 greatest albums of all time list which will probably help him get nom

Profile picture
    photographista_
    Topics:

People saying that folklore, and fine line are locks to not get in are dumb. People saying that they are locks to get in are also dumb. You are all dumb. (BARF!)

Finally someone said something racional.

Profile picture
    Tanishka
    Topics:

yes but we aint sure though.. well-respected musicians like stevie nicks, bon jovi admire Fine Line plus he may have rock voters on his side.. his album was also part in rolling stones 500 greatest albums of all time list

That for sure would be interesting  I still think its unlikely but it would be nice for him to win

Profile picture
    River
    Topics:

Y’all give that Rolling Stone list too much credit. They have always hyped Harry.

Besides that, Bruno Mars won multiple grammys and I believe he’s nowhere near the list.

Profile picture
    willy
    Topics:

folklore is NOT winning.

Fine Line is NOT winning either. Give up already.

Anyways streaming a song that is about Harry but managed to be better than everything he’ll ever release (Out Of The Woods).

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I think a lot of people who stan FTBC forget how inaccessible it is. To a lot of people it is basically noise, and not nice to listen to at all. Many pop voters will not vibe with it, and I can see the same issue for other voters too, regardless of acclaim.

It can’t be compared to previous ‘alternative’ AOTY winners like Morning Phase and The Suburbs. Those were both very accessible, pleasant albums.

Unpleasant and unaccessible to whom, though?

I’m pretty sure Arcade Fire and Beck didn’t benefit from pop voters anyway. There were already pop albums to throw votes to.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

The fact that there are posters switching back and forth between The Weeknd and Taylor is enough to believe that neither one is a lock to win that category. I can see some voters feeling the same way.

Profile picture
    abelhours
    Topics:

Unpleasant and unaccessible to whom, though?

Anyone who doesn’t usually listen to music where the artist is banging on pots and pans in the kitchen and making all sorts of ruckus? There are many people who don’t respond to that, who don’t want music to be challenging, but just pleasant and free of friction. FTBC winning AOTY would be a big outlier when you look at the winners they usually go for.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

AOTY is widely open, mostly between Fiona, Taylor, and Abel. Right now I’m with Folklore, but it can change easily. 

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    Sometimes I Might Be Introvert
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    moriahface
    Topics:

Fine Line is NOT winning either. Give up already. Anyways streaming a song that is about Harry but managed to be better than everything he’ll ever release (Out Of The Woods).

Not sure if this is supposed to be some sexist jab at me by assuming I care that Taylor Swift has written songs about Harry Styles & that it must be the reason I don’t think folklore will win AOTY or what… but regardless, a song from an album that came out six years ago is not relevant to this thread. Please, I am begging you, grow up.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 758 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.