Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 6)

2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 512 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
DAVEJ82470547
Jellyᴮᴱ
sara
  • Profile picture
    TobiasBuck
    Topics:

I don’t think Taylor is that unbeatable in AOTY as it’s sometimes said in this forum as a reason for the panel to block her. Her overall track record is not so impressive at all and, if nominated, she can very well lose it. That said, I think folklore will be nominated but it’ll lose.

Can you name a few women with an impressive track record at the Grammys who are 10+ years in the business? (not you saying Adele cuz she is an outlier example)

Profile picture
    Topics:

Said this a few days ago…Harry’s stans are overestimating the so-called industry support he has. Can’t think of one relevant award show he’s won at. Neither of his studio albums had impressive critical acclaim (despite Fine Line bizarrely ending up on that Rolling Stone list).

Harry will get nominations because of Fine Line’s commercial success + hit singles, not because of “industry support” or Stevie Nicks’ praise (lol).

Profile picture
    musiccisum
    Topics:

what albums would you consider as snubbed by the committee  if they won‘t be nominated?

Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

what albums would you consider as snubbed by the committee if they won‘t be nominated?

IMO future nostalgia, folklore or ftbc. I see ftbc not getting nominated cause of how non mainstream the sound is and future nostalgia for the exact opposite reason

Profile picture
    abelhours
    Topics:

Said this a few days ago…Harry’s stans are overestimating the so-called industry support he has. Can’t think of one relevant award show he’s won at.

Most mainstream award shows are irrelevant for anything other than exposure. You know what’s not irrelevant? Columbia winning Artist Marketing Campaign for Fine Line, because the entire rollout has been absolutely excellent. Or Adore You being nominated for Outstanding Creative Achievement at the TEC awards. Those are industry events.

That icons like Stevie Nicks and others speak of him often, or that his album was included on the RS 500 best albums of all time list—these are just cherries on top that validate what already seems to be clear: Harry has been embraced by the music industry, and those who have met him only have good things to say. As far as ‘industry support’ can be measured, he’s not found lacking.

Whether that’s enough to secure nominations and be a contender for a win remains to be seen.

Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

what albums would you consider as snubbed by the committee if they won‘t be nominated?

FTBC, Folklore and After Hours. But Abel will absolutely get nominated. Taylor is the one who has the most chance of being blocked.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Fiona Apple, The Weeknd, Harry Styles and Dua Lipa.

I can think of many more but they are too niche and are not being predicted at all lol.

Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

I think Harry styles (album) deserved a nom more than fine line in term of like how I much I like it but in combination of success and acclaim fine line is a very solid second album.

Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

somewhere someone mentioned how shorter albums (10-14 tracks) are the often winner but I think that is mainly because a shorter album is much more capable of being a cohesive album. For eg Lover had 18 tracks and some of them were amazing but there was nothing connecting them and it didn’t have a story line and there quite a few filllerd. Which I think will help folklore, ftbc and dua as those don’t have fillers

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

folklore has TONS of filler. Especially in the middle of the album where everything feels like one slow sad song.

If anything “Lover” had more variety. If Taylor had made folklore “shorter” with the same flair it wouldve been better.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Folklore has no filler songs.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 8 weeks #1 on BB200

Nominated for Album Of The Year and Best Pop Vocal Album

Cardigan, #1 hit single off Folklore

Nominated for Song Of The Year and Best Pop Solo Performance

Exile, top10 hit single off Folklore

Nominated for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Folklore has no filler songs.

well not to you Miss Americana. Then what do you call Tracks 6 through 9?

Honestly ALL the Jack Antonoff written songs are weak.

Aaron Dessner >>

Profile picture
    abelhours
    Topics:

well not to you Miss Americana. Then what do you call Tracks 6 through 9.

…some of the best songs on the album?

There are filler tracks to be sure, but masterpieces like August aren’t among them.

Profile picture
    folklorevoodoo
    Topics:

well not to you Miss Americana. Then what do you call Tracks 6 through 9? Honestly ALL the Jack Antonoff written songs are weak. Aaron Dessner >>

mirrorball, seven, august, and this is me trying are some of the best songs on the album…

ⓘ 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗲.

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

peace and epiphany are the only fillers imo, and even these songs are good.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 512 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.