Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 6)

2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 512 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
DAVEJ82470547
Jellyᴮᴱ
sara
  • Profile picture
    folklorevoodoo
    Topics:

I prefer Post getting the nods over Dua tbh he’s done really well this year.

it seems like the weeknd and taylor are locks for BPVA and harry is very likely too. I think Dua, Gaga, and Post will be competing for the last 2 slots.

ⓘ 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗲.

Profile picture
    Alltheworldsastage
    Topics:

it seems like the weeknd and taylor are locks for BPVA and harry is very likely too. I think Dua, Gaga, and Post will be competing for the last 2 slots.

Gaga will probably get in as she has great history in the pop field

Profile picture
    NotAStan
    Topics:

Future Nostalgia will not miss BPVA & AOTY nominations, neither is DSN missing any of the categories it’s up for. I think you’re all just very into your own little stan worlds (Harry Styles, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga stans) and underestimating Dua Lipa.

Also, she will appear in A LOT of YE lists. She made mid-year Rolling Stone, Billboard, Stereogum, and I’m sure there are others but I’m too lazy to look.

She might not win a thing, but she’ll be nominated across the board.

Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

Future Nostalgia will not miss BPVA & AOTY nominations, neither is DSN missing any of the categories it’s up for. I think you’re all just very into your own little stan worlds (Harry Styles, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga stans) and underestimating Dua Lipa. Also, she will appear in A LOT of YE lists. She made mid-year Rolling Stone, Billboard, Stereogum, and I’m sure there are others but I’m too lazy to look. She might not win a thing, but she’ll be nominated across the board.

Lol

Profile picture
    Jellyᴮᴱ
    Topics:

No seriously guys, the moderators made separate threads for a reason. Use them.

If your post is connecting BPVA to AOTY that’s fine to put here but if you are just talking about BPVA, invigorate the other thread.

FYC:

Dynamite | BTS - BPDGP

Profile picture
    musiccisum
    Topics:

personally I wouldn’t put dua in AOTY, for an commercial pop album that fn is, it just didn’t do well enough in the US to really justify a nom. especially compared to other pop albums like ah, fl, hb or folklore who are all contenders for a nom. it also lost its privilege as the most acclaimed one to folklore and there won’t be that many pop acts in AOTY for diversity reasons (all IMO, so don’t attack me)

Profile picture
    NotAStan
    Topics:

Lol

I went and checked the 2019 threads just for the kii’s and saw how the same narrative was being pushed two years ago, and she ended up winning both her nominations. Over H.E.R. and Greta, who you all were predicting over her.

So yeah, lol.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

I think this year that the winner for AOTY will not win ROTY or SOTY. I think Taylor is the Recording Academy frontrunner and The Weeknd is the forum favorite but neither of them have songs I can see winning ROTY or SOTY. Same goes for Fiona and Post. I could see maybe Rain on Me or Don’t Start Now winning ROTY/SOTY and then both losing AOTY or maybe not getting nominated

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

it’s the way Styles perfectly transitioned from teen idol to male pop star with credibility, which is difficult to do

the acclaimed he has received? he doing what it’s needed

Profile picture
    musiccisum
    Topics:

I could see maybe Rain on Me or Don’t Start Now winning ROTY/SOTY

I agree with DSN, but ROM winning either of these two?? she can be happy if it gets a nomination

Profile picture
    NotAStan
    Topics:

it’s the way Styles perfectly transitioned from teen idol to male pop star with credibility, which is difficult to do the acclaimed he has received? he doing what it’s needed

I love the way he’s the only former 1D member that actually managed to gather respect.

Profile picture
    ELIAS ⚡️
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/thespicereich/status/1318578304597827587?s=21

Blinding Lights is officially the biggest song of the year. Definitely an AOTY contender wbk.

Albums of the Year:

After Hours~The Weeknd
    Fetch the Bolt Cutters~Fiona Apple
    RTJ4~Run the Jewels
    What’s Your Pleasure~Jessie Ware
    The Slow Rush~Tame Impala
    Circles~Mac Miller
    folklore~Taylor Swift
    How I Am Feeling Now~Charli XCX
    SAWAYAMA~Rina Sawayama
    The GOAT-Polo G
    Women in Music Volume Part III-HAIM
    Lianne La Havas~Lianne La Havas
    YHLQMDLG~Bad Bunny
    Punisher~Phoebe Bridgers
    The Strokes~The New Abnormal
    græ~Moses Sumney
    2017-2019~A.A.L.
    Ungodly Hour~Chloe x Halle
    ALIAS~Shygirl

Profile picture
    moriahface
    Topics:

Everyone who thinks that folklore is the frontrunner and that people are over-predicting Dua and Harry is stuck in 2015. It’s 2020, there are so many new pop faces dominating. Anything can happen with these noms.

Profile picture
    Topics:

Future Nostalgia will not miss BPVA & AOTY nominations, neither is DSN missing any of the categories it’s up for. I think you’re all just very into your own little stan worlds (Harry Styles, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga stans) and underestimating Dua Lipa. Also, she will appear in A LOT of YE lists. She made mid-year Rolling Stone, Billboard, Stereogum, and I’m sure there are others but I’m too lazy to look. She might not win a thing, but she’ll be nominated across the board.

She’s likely to miss BPVA and could potentially miss in BPSP too (that category is stacked). In the GF, “Don’t Start Now” in Record will be her sole nomination.

Profile picture
    moriahface
    Topics:

I love the way he’s the only former 1D member that actually managed to gather respect.

He was so clearly the most talented and most charismatic of the group. It was really only a matter of time. Thank goodness he requested the band break-up.

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 512 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.