Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 6)

2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 512 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
DAVEJ82470547
jellythe3rd
sara
  • Profile picture
    storminthedark
    Topics:

But Ms. Dua is still the one proven having actual support from Grammys. All those things about Harry are speculation

How is any of what I said speculation? It’s a fact that Fine Line has been a blockbuster era in the US after his debut album and has had impressive longevity. He’s had support from the greats and has been actively campaigning with Grammy voters. This is what Neil Portnow had to say about his snub with his debut album:

Would you say the same thing about Harry Styles, who was expected to get a big look and ended up with no nominations?
    I think Harry’s situation might be a little bit different. He’s in a unique situation — he’s not new because he’s had prominence as a member of an incredibly successful worldwide phenomenon, One Direction, with a huge fan base. Now he’s stepped out of that world and is creating his own personal vision, and musically it’s quite different, even in terms of image and the audience. So one could maybe say it’s a transitional period, and for our voters the question is, has he reached the level of excellence that at this point would merit a nomination? It didn’t happen this year — but [he could have lost out] by just one vote. It’s a democratic situation, and I can’t tell you there wasn’t support within the membership for the work that he’s doing, and that’s just where things stand this year — he seems to be the kind of artist who will have a long career.

He’s definitely achieved far more and been far more influential with Fine Line than his debut despite his success with that too, and it seems that there was support for him with HS1 according to Portnow. I don’t think he will win this cycle but I see him getting multiple nominations.

Profile picture
    mmstry
    Topics:

And with Harry sending another single out, if it performs well and he has 3 hits, I’m definitely putting him higher and back in AOTY. He’s obviously going to campaign for the second round and it’s definitely gonna help.

Profile picture
    Che
    Topics:

i don’t care if i’m wrong but i’m predicting that fine line‘s solo nomination will be for pop vocal album.

Profile picture
    moriahface
    Topics:

Users constantly use the fact that Harry’s never been nominated before as why he won’t get nominated this time, even though the same exact thing has happened with every other nominated artist. You’ve never been nominated until you have been.

The Grammys “completely ignoring him last time” argument has been disproven countless times on the thread. There’s no reason to not consider him a top player right now.

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

FTBC miss AOTY nom will be one of the biggest snubs in Grammy history alongside with MBDTF and Blackstar. Anyway, can someone tell me why did MBDTF miss the nomination? Was it because Watch the Throne?

the BRP probably feared he could beat Adele in AOTY and ROTY. I think he was only nominated for SOTY because, with such a well-produced album, he would be more competitive in the two technical-ish GF categories, specially being the only Rap artist nominated. cause he would’ve definitely taken Rihanna’s filler slot.

FYC: Everyone black & Fiona Apple

Profile picture
    mmstry
    Topics:

I feel like the labels obviously know a bit more about what kind of industry support their clients are getting  and how safe they are for noms/wins. I say through the promo planning, labels are not confident in Dua/Gaga (maybe the weeknd but i think he did a little bit before and is definitely pushing more for wins) nominations, while Taylor/Fiona/Harry are confident for noms since they barely did anything for first round but seem like they’ll push for second round (wins). It’s just an observation and I might be wrong.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

don’t smile at me didn’t get the acclaim Harry Styles got with his debut.

This is a lie.

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

I’m still at 50/50 with Fine Line in AOTY. Like, yes the album had good sales and critical reception, but I’m still not sure if BRP will embrace him as a potential AOTY nominee. Plus, remember they will probably prioritize POC artists due to the current sociopolitical situation. However, I can see him in ROTY, but not in AOTY yet. I will keep him on Pop categories.

Also, I’m not buying this “Stevie Nicks loves him so he is in” agenda. I don’t think the nominations committee cares who likes who, if voters don’t vibe with him then he’s out.

Question: Do we get to know who is on the BRP every year?

Profile picture
    photographista_
    Topics:

I feel like the labels obviously know a bit more about what kind of industry support their clients are getting and how safe they are for noms/wins. I say through the promo planning, labels are not confident in Dua/Gaga (maybe the weeknd but i think he did a little bit before and is definitely pushing more for wins) nominations, while Taylor/Fiona/Harry are confident for noms since they barely did anything for first round but seem like they’ll push for second round (wins). It’s just an observation and I might be wrong.

Don’t think that’s the case.

Profile picture
    ELIAS ⚡️
    Topics:

Honey, Taylor Swift will NOT win Album of the Year for a third time just because the album is successful and has critical-acclaim.

all I heard was that Folklore was successful and had critical acclaim 

Albums of the Year:

After Hours~The Weeknd
    Fetch the Bolt Cutters~Fiona Apple
    RTJ4~Run the Jewels
    What’s Your Pleasure~Jessie Ware
    The Slow Rush~Tame Impala
    Circles~Mac Miller
    folklore~Taylor Swift
    How I Am Feeling Now~Charli XCX
    SAWAYAMA~Rina Sawayama
    The GOAT-Polo G
    Women in Music Volume Part III-HAIM
    Lianne La Havas~Lianne La Havas
    YHLQMDLG~Bad Bunny
    Punisher~Phoebe Bridgers
    The Strokes~The New Abnormal
    græ~Moses Sumney
    2017-2019~A.A.L.
    Ungodly Hour~Chloe x Halle
    ALIAS~Shygirl
    St

Profile picture
    Che
    Topics:

Do we get to know who is on the BRP every year?

that’s not revealed to the public

Profile picture
    Tanishka
    Topics:

People actually are calling folklore a flop , try releasing an album without any prior announcement and still managing to get 800k sales in the first week

Profile picture
    NotAStan
    Topics:

Oh God. We can’t stop talking about folklore, can we? I’m so tired of just reading the same conversation over and over again.

I hope after this album, she takes a long, long, long break so we can rest a bit from endless discussions about how she deserves to win every award there is and how the 500k signed copies purchased by her fans are an indication of success. She’s huge, has a huge fanbase, has a great record with folklore but as proven time and time again, she’s not unbeatable and may very well be blocked.

Profile picture
    sara
    Topics:

the gp has no interest in folklore- hence me calling it a flop- just like reputation

the only reason is went #1 for 7 weeks was because of bundles and cds- the gp could care less about it

FYC: future nostalgia, Sawayama, Hollywood’s bleeding

Profile picture
    Che
    Topics:

can y’all come up with something new?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 512 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.