Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 7)

2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 528 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
moriahface
grandeswiftkn..
DAVEJ82470547
  • Profile picture
    "How U Doin'"
    Topics:

Honey, Harry Styles fangirls are just as delusional as Swifties.  BARF!

Profile picture
    moriahface
    Topics:

It does not change the fact that if Folklore gets into AOTY, it wins.

So what’s going to be the excuse if folklore gets nominated and loses?

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

There is always a stan ready to big up over minor details. The album feels less personal and less interesting to me. Period. And I’m not a fan of either album anyways. So, no point of this argument.

Your feelings are wrong then

Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

Like I’ve said before, the people who think the GP and the Grammys are still obsessed with Taylor are living in the past. If she misses, it’s because they found 8 other albums more deserving.

What defines more deserving. It will likely end in the top 3 Year end commercial wise and it was already released half way through the Year. Well then maybe critical. Well it will likely top critics year end list and it has great scores across the board. So no… it will not be because there are more albums deserving. Name me 8 albums that have done better commercially or critically. I look forward to seeing your list

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Point me to the album that could beat it.
    It’s the same with ROTY and BNA. Finneas only loses if he’s blocked (and thank god he probably will be) and Weeknd only loses if he’s blocked (which won’t happen)

! The claim in this post is disputed

Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

Your feelings are wrong then

His personal feelings aren’t wrong. I do disagree with him but that’s fine if he doesn’t think it is. I can see why he thinks that but when I dug into the album more I realized how personal it was. Fine line (the song) was really personal to me, but if someone has different feelings then you, you shouldn’t say that the feelings are wrong because in the end, you don’t know them. You just talk over the internet and have no clue about who the other person is or what they’ve been through or done. So please don’t say that there feelings are inaccurate. Thanks

Profile picture
    moriahface
    Topics:

What defines more deserving. It will likely end in the top 3 Year end commercial wise and it was already released half way through the Year. Well then maybe critical. Well it will likely top critics year end list and it has great scores across the board. So no… it will not be because there are more albums deserving. Name me 8 albums that have done better commercially or critically. I look forward to seeing your list

Y’all still don’t understand that folklore is not just an album that got good reviews and sold well that was released by some artist… it was released by a known hit-maker who has already won AOTY twice. She was rewarded last time with AOTY because of an album that had HITS and a huge era. She doesn’t have that this time. I’ve said so many times that her past wins play a factor in her future wins.
    The YE spot deserves an asterisk and so do the good reviews, as they came from critics who were hungry for anything different from her and overreacted.

Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

It didn’t get the most votes

Profile picture
    moriahface
    Topics:

Point me to the album that could beat it. It’s the same with ROTY and BNA. Finneas only loses if he’s blocked (and thank god he probably will be) and Weeknd only loses if he’s blocked (which won’t happen)

So you’re saying if folklore is nominated it will win, AND if The Weeknd gets in he’s winning. Huh????

Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

So you’re saying if folklore is nominated it will win, AND if The Weeknd gets in he’s winning. Huh????

no she was obviously talking bout ROTY Also if these things happened to Harry ur be saying he’s a lovk

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Where did I say that now? I’m predicting a Taylor block with a Fiona or Weeknd win. Taylor will still easily beat out both if she isn’t blocked.
    So once again, who’s beating Folklore?

Y’all still don’t understand that folklore is not just an album that got good reviews and sold well that was released by some artist… it was released by a known hit-maker who has already won AOTY twice. She was rewarded last time with AOTY because of an album that had HITS and a huge era. She doesn’t have that this time. I’ve said so many times that her past wins play a factor in her future wins.
    The YE spot deserves an asterisk and so do the good reviews, as they came from critics who were hungry for anything different from her and overreacted.

I agree with the past wins being why she could get blocked. Still, if she gets in those past wins will be completely irrelevant.
    Why on earth do the reviews deserve an asterisk? I wonder what the excuse will be when Folklore, FTBC, RTJ4 top the most year end lists.

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

Top 20 Predicted Albums to be Voted on by Recording Academy for consideration for AOTY:

Pop:

The Weeknd
    Lady Gaga
    Taylor Swift
    Dua Lipa
    Harry Styles
    Post Malone
    (alternate: Justin Bieber, Halsey or BTS)

Alternative/Rock:

Fiona Apple
    Brittany Howard
    Bob Dylan
    Beck
    Tame Impala
    (Alt: HAIM)

Hip-Hop:

Roddy Ricch
    DaBaby
    Megan Thee Stallion
    Pop Smoke
    (Alternate: Lil Baby or Juice WRLD)

Luke Combs
    Dixie Chicks
    The Highwomen
    (Alt: Miranda Lambert)

R&B:

Summer Walker
    Jhene Aiko
    (Alt: Chloe x Halle or John Legend)

Profile picture
    moriahface
    Topics:

So if folklore gets nominated AND After Hours gets nominated (in AOTY) who is winning? Since apparently they’re both unbeatable.

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

So if folklore gets nominated AND After Hours gets nominated (in AOTY) who is winning? Since apparently they’re both unbeatable.

I understand making up things is your favorite thing to do but please point to where I, or anyone, said AH was unbeatable in AOTY. I said BL was unbeatable in ROTY if it gets in, which it totally is

Profile picture
    moriahface
    Topics:

I agree with the past wins being why she could get blocked. Still, if she gets in those past wins will be completely irrelevant. Why on earth do the reviews deserve an asterisk? I wonder what the excuse will be when Folklore, FTBC, RTJ4 top the most year end lists.

YE asterisk: manipulated sales numbers (way more than other artists have done)

Reviews asterisk: critics were hungry for something different from her and when they got it (plus got it on a surprise release), they overreacted . For example, if it was a traditional album release and cardigan had been the lead and had to stand on its own before the album release, it still would’ve tanked and the album would not have gotten those same reviews.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 528 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.