Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 7)

2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 528 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
moriahface
grandeswiftkn..
DAVEJ82470547
  • Profile picture
    Radiogagahead
    Topics:

Who are potential dark horse contenders? Feel like an argument could be made for HAIM.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

So if folklore gets nominated AND After Hours gets nominated (in AOTY) who is winning? Since apparently they’re both unbeatable.

It depends on the rest nominees lineup. No country/Americana + another R&B nominees will put Taylor ahead of Abel. Not to mention, she can steal some votes from rock committee thanks to Bon Iver and Aaron (The National) contribution in the album.

For you consideration :

Album of the year : folklore
    Record of the year : Don't Start Now
    Song of the year : cardigan
    Best new artist : Phoebe Bridgers

Best pop vocal album : folklore
    Best rap album : Alfredo
    Best alternative music album : Fetch the Bolt Cutters
    Best progressive R&B album : Ungodly Hour

Profile picture
    mmstry
    Topics:

It’s obvious every stan will argue for their fav, but saying voters don’t care about chart manipulation/ gimmicks is quite ignorant. First off we obviously don’t know what they look for, second of all, y’all do realize a portion of the voters seem to be ~struggling~ (I don’t really know how to explain but they’re obviously not popular names) singers, producers.. etc. If I was one of those I would definitely keep up with these chart manipulations/gimmicks or whatever. And it would put me off. It’s not very surprising if you find that one portion of the voters being annoyed with chart manipulation.

Profile picture
    XS
    Topics:

AOTY

ROTY

SOTY

BNA

Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

Harry went #1 with his debut and was therefore going to get a #1 with his sophomore album. He didn’t do anything more than what other artists do first week. That’s why I clarify that folklore’s actual chart position week after week has been manipulated. Harry literally does nothing and is growing in popularity by the hour, lol.

And folklore is Taylor’s first #1 album?  Hasn’t she already 40 weeks atop billboard 200 before folklore?

About GP interest, if GP has not interest in her, how tf she is selling out stadiums every night. Tell me name of one other artist who can make $266 million with 38 shows.

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

Damn Megan is so beautiful and talented. Anyways, wouldn’t she be considered too provocative to win BNA?

I miscalculated the time zone. Turns out it’ll be 3am in Australia. I’ve never been apart of the drama after nominations. Do you think the juiciest bits are during nomination or do you think that I can just catch up when I wake up? Is it stupid of me to stay up just to watch it lol

Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: charismatic-celery-439)! Which one of y'all just compared with me and scored 79? That's insanely high...

Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

It’s obvious every stan will argue for their fav, but saying voters don’t care about chart manipulation/ gimmicks is quite ignorant. First off we obviously don’t know what they look for, second of all, y’all do realize a portion of the voters seem to be ~struggling~ (I don’t really know how to explain but they’re obviously not popular names) singers, producers.. etc. If I was one of those I would definitely keep up with these chart manipulations/gimmicks or whatever. And it would put me off. It’s not very surprising if you find that one portion of the voters being annoyed with chart manipulation.

first off signed cds is not chart manipulation. payola is chart manipulation. for example dynamite as much as I hate it isn’t chart manipulation. for it to be chart manipulation the artist would need to pay either Billboard (which doesn’t happen) or a radio to play their song(which does). either way, that implies that the song is being pushed onto people, whether on the radio or the charts. now an album or song where little amount of people are bulk buying something is inorganic, meaning that without it they wouldn’t be high. BUT the artist isn’t manipulating the chart. they are releasing things that help them get higher but it all comes down to the fans/gp. a committee is not going to get mad at an artist for having loyal fans. they will get mad at artists who are succeeding without the gp support or fans, both of which Taylor has

Profile picture
    Alltheworldsastage
    Topics:

Fine line’s nomination chance is more than folklore as it has no reasons for being blocked(I’m predicting both making it in)

But folklore has more winning chances than fine line.I don’t see fine line winning at all.

It’s between abel,taylor and Fiona in AOTY. Don’t see Harry or anyome else winning

Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

Fine line’s nomination chance is more than folklore as it has no reasons for being blocked(I’m predicting both making it in) But folklore has more winning chances than fine line.I don’t see fine line winning at all. It’s between abel,taylor and Fiona in AOTY. Don’t see Harry or anyome else winning

exactly. I think if folklore doesn’t get in it was blocked, but there is always a chance that it just didn’t get enuf votes tho I doubt. the thing is harry definitely isn’t winning against after hours. which not only has a higher critical score and commercial performance but also has a narrative going for it. now when against folklore, Taylor has the upper hand in everything besides narrative. I think that her being so strong will block her, not because she wasnt good enough

Profile picture
    Adam 🎹
    Topics:

seeing swifties and harries fighting is so amusing.. cant wait to see what happens when grammy noms come out.. both these fandoms are BULLOCKS! i remember seeing a swiftie from twitter commiting credit card fraud just for cardigan’s sales.. some of them even sold nudes in exchange for streams and learned voodoo! while i saw a harrie making a fake donation website for that b0mbing victims that happened and it turns out the money they collected went to funds for making WS go #1.. grammy night will be chaotic

Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

seeing swifties and harries fighting is so amusing.. cant wait to see what happens when grammy noms come out.. both these fandoms are BULLOCKS! i remember seeing a swiftie from twitter going to jail because she commited credit card fraud just for cardigan’s sales.. some of them even sold nudes in exchange for streams and learned voodoo! while i saw a harrie making a fake donation website for that b0mbing victims that happened and it turns out the money they collected went to funds for making WS go #1.. grammy night will be chaotic

Sofia did not go to jail

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

All Grammy voters know who Taylor Swift is, folklore will be judged as the critically acclaimed peak of her career. Folklore spending 8 weeks #1 is just the icing on the cake of an already successful and highly acclaimed album.  The way you think chart manipulation will impact the voters, when the Grammy preview Billboard has a coverage of the bundles Lady Gaga used to inflate her first week sales. This magazine was mailed to all voters:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/9449420/lady-gaga-chromatica-billboard-cover-story-interview-2020

At least one thing launched according to plan: the merchandise. Merch/album bundles are a part of many successful album campaigns in 2020, and they certainly aided Chromatica: 75% of its first-week unit total was in album sales, which included not only merch/album bundles sold through Gaga’s website but also concert ticket/album offers (for her now-postponed Chromatica Ball stadium shows), traditional retail sales and digital downloads. (Interscope did not provide a more detailed breakdown or any sales figures related to merch.) But slapping a logo on a T-shirt this was not: Gaga and her team of art directors have created rain boots, umbrellas, pillows, thongs, jockstraps, blankets, soap, face masks and chokers, all in an effort to make fashionable, on-brand items her fans would actually want — and also poke fun at the whole practice: “It was just those fun moments of playing into the absurdity of what we were doing,” says Campbell.

Actually, HDD revealed the music industry is annoyed that bundles were taken out from Billboard, since there is no touring and labels and artists are barely making money in this climate and labels could make more money and also boosting chart stats of their artists.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 8 weeks #1 on BB200

Nominated for Album Of The Year and Best Pop Vocal Album

Cardigan, #1 hit single off Folklore

Nominated for Song Of The Year and Best Pop Solo Performance

Exile, top10 hit single off Folklore

Nominated for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance

Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

Also the lebanon bombing campaign is horrible. That was so disgusting. The witchcraft was a joke.

Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

seeing swifties and harries fighting is so amusing.. cant wait to see what happens when grammy noms come out.. both these fandoms are BULLOCKS! i remember seeing a swiftie from twitter commiting credit card fraud just for cardigan’s sales.. some of them even sold nudes in exchange for streams and learned voodoo! while i saw a harrie making a fake donation website for that b0mbing victims that happened and it turns out the money they collected went to funds for making WS go #1.. grammy night will be chaotic

Going to jail was fake news. That n*de selling was a joke.

Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

Also the lebanon bombing campaign is horrible. That was so disgusting. The witchcraft was a joke.

There is a similar story about BTS fans. One botshit fan begging money in the name of fake relative’s health condition and collected 2800$ and spent all of it in Dynamite.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 528 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.