Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 7)

2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 521 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
moriahface
almanzarlamar..
DAVEJ82470547
  • Profile picture
    River
    Topics:

Fine Line is consumed more as an album than HB is.

Man, it’s not…

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Fine Line is consumed more as an album than HB is.

It’s not. HB has a bunch of non-singles with over 100M plays.

Profile picture
    River
    Topics:

It’s not. HB has a bunch of non-singles with over 100M plays.

Some with over 200M.

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

You guys clearly don’t understand what I’m saying. HB has more tracks and more features and had more GP support initially. Obviously he’s going to have more streaming numbers – that’s what I said!!!

Fine Line is consumed more as an album than HB is. That’s why it’s relevant to the AOTY discussion. That’s why I brought it up. Quit twisting everything people say into something it isn’t just so you can justify a petty drag.

If you ignore how Posts album tracks have more streams and that Post now sells more weekly (and has been for months) this is true.
    Give me one piece of data indicating that FL is more consumed as an album

Everything Everywhere All At Once & Renaissance sweep truther

Profile picture
    Tanishka
    Topics:

To think Changes and Manic were released this year feels like 3 years ago

I don’t mean to be sarcastic but I literally forgot that Justin Bieber had an album out

Profile picture
    storminthedark
    Topics:

The way y’all want to label Harry stans as obsessed when y’all spent 10 pages discrediting his sexuality on a Grammy prediction forum the other day and created accounts specifically to make memes about him and his stans…..

Anyway, Post has the most commercially successful album of this cycle and will probably finish at #1 on the Year End charts this year. It may show up in either BPVA or AOTY, but I’m not sure it will show up in both in my personal opinion, it’ll be one or the other. With a competitive year in Pop especially he could be passed over, but I wouldn’t count on it. He has much stronger chances with Circles in song categories in my opinion.

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

The way y’all want to label Harry stans as obsessed when y’all spent 10 pages discrediting his sexuality on a Grammy prediction forum the other day and created accounts specifically to make memes about him and his stans…..

I didn’t do any of this actually. I thought the conversation surrounding his sexuality was beyond stupid.

This guy keeps saying ‘Harry has a more consumed album’ without pointing to a single piece of data to back it up. Facts are post has more streamed album track and sells more pure each week.

Everything Everywhere All At Once & Renaissance sweep truther

Profile picture
    woodvale
    Topics:

I think Future Nostalgia will be snubbed in BPVA but it will be nominated in AOTY and Hollywood’s Bleeding will be nominated in BPVA but it will be snubbed in AOTY.

Future Nostalgia is no NFR or Melodrama. The album had not only critical acclaim but hits, these previously mentioned albums had no commercial performance at all. And even though FN is not big in the US, it is successful around the world.

Melodrama and NFR were nominated in AOTY, but FN can also appear in BPVA because it is not only known for critical acclaim

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    woodvale
    Topics:

If success around the world was a factor MOS7 would be a lock. If anything, I see it the other way. Dua out of AOTY but in pop album, while Post out of pop album and into AOTY.

I didn’t say Future Nostalgia was a lock, I said FN is still a possibility to be nominated in AOTY not only because of the critical acclaim of the album but the commercial success of the singles.

And, BTS has nothing to do with it, as they are not the only international artists who are successful outside the US. Bad Bunny is one of the greatest artists of the moment and we are not predicting a nomination in AOTY because it is not common for a Latin artist to be nominated in AOTY.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

Dua was a frontrunner back in July, I just don’t see her as a big player rn

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 521 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.