Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 7)

2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 521 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
moriahface
almanzarlamar..
DAVEJ82470547
  • Profile picture
    lily98
    Topics:

Out of curiosity, does anyone here think any album that’s not named After Hours, Folklore or FTBC will win AOTY? If yes, which one? Interested to know.

Profile picture
    Marcos
    Topics:

Can we get the 404/403 thing? 😍

I’m totally here for it. 20 days to go (before they block Grammy.com).

Profile picture
    LawC
    Topics:

I mean if you want to make a sensible argument to my point about the CDs then do it, but just responding by saying “Harry fans are hilarious” means nothing and devalues the argument. At least my point about the music videos is somewhat relevant – it shows who has hype right now.

Ahh, now you trying to justify your post about bringing up views when just one page ago you said this about your post after I quoted you:

That’s… the point. Don’t bring up irrelevant stuff if you don’t want it tossed back to you.

So you admitted that bringing up views was irrelevant and that you did it to toss it back to the other user. I don’t see where the value in your post lies in regards to this topic when it was clearly intended as retaliation:
    Someone needlessly brought up an association with Harry, so you needlessly brought up a comparison between Taylor and Harry.

Tossing it back and forth doesn’t add anything to this thread, no matter who started it.

Profile picture
    LawC
    Topics:

Out of curiosity, does anyone here think any album that’s not named After Hours, Folklore or FTBC will win AOTY? If yes, which one? Interested to know.

Not really. I really don’t see it for any album apart from After Hours, with FTBC as a (welcome) upset, depending on how the lineup looks like

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Do we still think the profiles updating for some people means anything?

IDK I feel like it’s too early for noms to be known yet. They probably just edited the likely nominees

Everything Everywhere All At Once & Renaissance sweep truther

Profile picture
    moriahface
    Topics:

Tossing it back and forth doesn’t add anything to this thread, no matter who started it.

You’re right. The thing I said about the music videos wasn’t irrelevant after all. So I’m still waiting for anyone to put more thought than “Harry fans are hilarious” into why folklore is realistically a front runner and if the signed CDs would be a thing if they weren’t needed.

Profile picture
    sara
    Topics:

You’re right. The thing I said about the music videos wasn’t irrelevant after all. So I’m still waiting for anyone to put more thought than “Harry fans are hilarious” into why folklore is realistically a front runner and if the signed CDs would be a thing if they weren’t needed.

harry fans are hilarious because they think harry is the first to do everything . No he didn’t invent playing the piano, singing, being a businessman, having a hit song. like he is doing nothing out of the ordinary

next, Taylor could have easily pushed another single like harry has and bought playlisting and radio deals but she didn’t. If she wanted to keep folklore stable she would have done all that.

she just dropped folklore and that was it-it was probably never supposed to be more than that but it ended up doing pretty well so she milked it with cds. It was just a tactic to get more #1s everyone here knows that.

Taylor Swift 3x AOTY winner
    waiting for Speak Now (TV)

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

IDK I feel like it’s too early for noms to be known yet. They probably just edited the likely nominees

That’s what I think as well.

Want Want by Maggie Rogers - Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Music Video, Best Country Song, Best Melodic Rap Performance, Best Traditional R&B Performance, Best Country Solo Performance, Best Rap Solo Performance, Best Metal Performance, Best Rock Song, Best American Roots Performance

Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

Harry stans are getting more arrogant by the day here. Quarantine album is an album like Fetch the bolt cutters and folklore. They are anti-commercial and don’t have hitbased production, they are more sophisticated body of works, offering tranquility to the listener, in a quarantine environment. Also, we have US elections, the most responsible thing to do is to dedicate your efforts on that and not promoting or releasing music.

While I do agree with this entirely (you can see Taylor and Fiona focusing more on the election) Harry is British and can’t vote in America so I’m not upset at him for posting his video (and I really liked it). Plus My family and friends have already voted so I can’t do much else.

Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

Can we get the 404/403 thing? 😍

I would be so happy that is what needs to happen

Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

Moving away from Taylor vs Harry to the 403/404, Yeah I think they looked at who had a decent year or who they think will likely be nominees. I don’t think it means much since it happened earlier. If this was in a couple of weeks then I think it might mean a bit more on who is nominated in the GF

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    blinders
    Topics:

This Harry vs Taylor thing is the pits.

Both released great projects that resonated in the way they were intended. Both are locked nominees in BPVA and likely noms in AOTY. Both are almost-certainly being blocked from any potential wins by After Hours and Blinding Lights.

Squabbling over which is bigger is akin to rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Both will get their deserved nominations, and that’s the end of it.

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

For sure. It all honestly depends on who scores the nomination.

Someone like Brittany Howard could definitely win if nominated. She ticks off a lot of boxes for voters this year. She’s respected within the Recording Academy as a previous Grammy winner, would have support from both the Rock and R&B genre voters and is a previous AOTY nominee with her band. This is her debut solo album and the first single from it “History Repeats” was already nominated for 2 Grammys last year.

But, she could go the way of Gary Clark, Jr. and not score the AOTY nomination (but end up taking home multiple Grammys).

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 521 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.