Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 7)

2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 528 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
moriahface
grandeswiftkn..
DAVEJ82470547
  • Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Can we get the 404/403 thing? 😍

! The claim in this post is disputed

Profile picture
    moriahface
    Topics:

The point is retaliating immature behavior by being immature yourself? Gotcha…

I mean if you want to make a sensible argument to my point about the CDs then do it, but just responding by saying “Harry fans are hilarious” means nothing and devalues the argument. At least my point about the music videos is somewhat relevant – it shows who has hype right now.

Profile picture
    ELIAS ⚡️
    Topics:

The Weeknd, Dua Lipa, Roddy Ricch, or Megan Thee Stallion need to open the Grammys. I can’t see no other people.

Albums of the Year:

After Hours~The Weeknd
    Fetch the Bolt Cutters~Fiona Apple
    RTJ4~Run the Jewels
    What’s Your Pleasure~Jessie Ware
    The Slow Rush~Tame Impala
    Circles~Mac Miller
    folklore~Taylor Swift
    How I Am Feeling Now~Charli XCX
    SAWAYAMA~Rina Sawayama
    The GOAT-Polo G
    Women in Music Volume Part III-HAIM
    Lianne La Havas~Lianne La Havas
    YHLQMDLG~Bad Bunny
    Punisher~Phoebe Bridgers
    The Strokes~The New Abnormal
    græ~Moses Sumney
    2017-2019~A.A.L.
    Ungodly Hour~Chloe x Halle
    ALIAS~Shygirl
    St

Profile picture
    sara
    Topics:

I mean if you want to make a sensible argument to my point about the CDs then do it, but just responding by saying “Harry fans are hilarious” means nothing and devalues the argument. At least my point about the music videos is somewhat relevant – it shows who has hype right now.

“Who has the hype”

then lets compare cardigan and folklores first day streaming numbers to fine line. since apparently thats what matters

Cardigan did eh on youtube but did well on Spotify
    You brought up first day numbers so ill play the devil’s advocate and do the same thing

FYC: future nostalgia, Sawayama, Hollywood’s bleeding

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Do we still think the profiles updating for some people means anything?

FYC:

folklore: AOTY, BPVA
    cardigan: SOTY
    exile: BPDGP

Don't Start Now: ROTY, BPSP

Ungodly Hour: BPR&BA
    Do It: BR&BS
    Wonder What She Thinks Of Me: BTR&BP

Phoebe Bridgers: BNA
    Punisher: Alt. A
    Kyoto: BRS, BRP

Profile picture
    moriahface
    Topics:

And yet somehow these arguments only happen when you post? I’ve yet to see you have a discussion on here that did not end in this type of the stan war. Consider who the real problem is.

No you just don’t like “unpopular opinions” (which are only unpopular because the majority of people on the thread are Taylor fans). Alas, we shall see soon what voters thought – which is ultimately all that matters.

Profile picture
    jellythe3rd
    Topics:

CURRENT AOTY PREDICTIONS (no particular order, numbered for easier viewing)

1. The Weeknd – After Hours
    2. Post Malone – Hollywood’s Bleeding
    3. Roddy Rich – Please Excuse Me For Being Anti-Social
    4. Fiona Apple – Fetch the Bolt Cutters
    5. Summer Walker – Over It (Or whoever the soul train winner is if it’s not The Weeknd)
    6. Tame Impala – The Slow Rush or Perfume Genius – Set My Heart on Fire Immediately
    7. Another rap album. I was thinking Pop Smoke but I’m starting to doubt that now.
    8. Haven’t decided, maybe country (Luke Combs) or another pop album or one from the list below.

Alts.
    1. Megan Thee Stallion – SUGA
    2. Taylor Swift – Folklore
    3. BTS – MOS7 (I mean I have to put the boys somewhere and they have been campaigning. It really depends how receptive the BRP will be this year. They can bring in the viewers & it would make history. Plus if they focus on diversity, BTS would be the 2nd most successful pop album in the USA by a POC. Unless you count Romance…which I don’t.)
    4. Harry Styles – Fine Line

Before Taylor fans get mad at me, I think she has a very good shot, but I’m taking a hesitant approach. I did an analysis between nominees and BB 200 year end for the past 10 years and found a weird trend where almost every time there was a deviation, it was with Taylor. Sometimes it was positive, other times negative. So again, hesitant approach.

Profile picture
    lily98
    Topics:

Out of curiosity, does anyone here think any album that’s not named After Hours, Folklore or FTBC will win AOTY? If yes, which one? Interested to know.

Profile picture
    Marcos
    Topics:

I’m totally here for it. 20 days to go (before they block Grammy.com).

Profile picture
    LawC
    Topics:

Ahh, now you trying to justify your post about bringing up views when just one page ago you said this about your post after I quoted you:

That’s… the point. Don’t bring up irrelevant stuff if you don’t want it tossed back to you.

So you admitted that bringing up views was irrelevant and that you did it to toss it back to the other user. I don’t see where the value in your post lies in regards to this topic when it was clearly intended as retaliation:
    Someone needlessly brought up an association with Harry, so you needlessly brought up a comparison between Taylor and Harry.

Tossing it back and forth doesn’t add anything to this thread, no matter who started it.

Profile picture
    LawC
    Topics:

Out of curiosity, does anyone here think any album that’s not named After Hours, Folklore or FTBC will win AOTY? If yes, which one? Interested to know.

Not really. I really don’t see it for any album apart from After Hours, with FTBC as a (welcome) upset, depending on how the lineup looks like

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Do we still think the profiles updating for some people means anything?

IDK I feel like it’s too early for noms to be known yet. They probably just edited the likely nominees

! The claim in this post is disputed

Profile picture
    moriahface
    Topics:

Tossing it back and forth doesn’t add anything to this thread, no matter who started it.

You’re right. The thing I said about the music videos wasn’t irrelevant after all. So I’m still waiting for anyone to put more thought than “Harry fans are hilarious” into why folklore is realistically a front runner and if the signed CDs would be a thing if they weren’t needed.

Profile picture
    sara
    Topics:

You’re right. The thing I said about the music videos wasn’t irrelevant after all. So I’m still waiting for anyone to put more thought than “Harry fans are hilarious” into why folklore is realistically a front runner and if the signed CDs would be a thing if they weren’t needed.

harry fans are hilarious because they think harry is the first to do everything . No he didn’t invent playing the piano, singing, being a businessman, having a hit song. like he is doing nothing out of the ordinary

next, Taylor could have easily pushed another single like harry has and bought playlisting and radio deals but she didn’t. If she wanted to keep folklore stable she would have done all that.

she just dropped folklore and that was it-it was probably never supposed to be more than that but it ended up doing pretty well so she milked it with cds. It was just a tactic to get more #1s everyone here knows that.

FYC: future nostalgia, Sawayama, Hollywood’s bleeding

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

IDK I feel like it’s too early for noms to be known yet. They probably just edited the likely nominees

That’s what I think as well.

FYC:

folklore: AOTY, BPVA
    cardigan: SOTY
    exile: BPDGP

Don't Start Now: ROTY, BPSP

Ungodly Hour: BPR&BA
    Do It: BR&BS
    Wonder What She Thinks Of Me: BTR&BP

Phoebe Bridgers: BNA
    Punisher: Alt. A
    Kyoto: BRS, BRP

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 528 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.