Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 7)

2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 528 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
moriahface
grandeswiftkn..
DAVEJ82470547
  • Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

Harry stans are getting more arrogant by the day here. Quarantine album is an album like Fetch the bolt cutters and folklore. They are anti-commercial and don’t have hitbased production, they are more sophisticated body of works, offering tranquility to the listener, in a quarantine environment. Also, we have US elections, the most responsible thing to do is to dedicate your efforts on that and not promoting or releasing music.

While I do agree with this entirely (you can see Taylor and Fiona focusing more on the election) Harry is British and can’t vote in America so I’m not upset at him for posting his video (and I really liked it). Plus My family and friends have already voted so I can’t do much else.

Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

Can we get the 404/403 thing? 😍

I would be so happy that is what needs to happen

Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

Moving away from Taylor vs Harry to the 403/404, Yeah I think they looked at who had a decent year or who they think will likely be nominees. I don’t think it means much since it happened earlier. If this was in a couple of weeks then I think it might mean a bit more on who is nominated in the GF

Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

Okay… still doesn’t address the point, but sure. And since you needlessly brought up the association to Harry again, I’ll just remind you that his 10 month old song just had a better music video debut than folklore’s lead single. Yikes.

You always put random stats here and there to start stan wars. You are the real problem.

If you really wanna compare, start a special thread then. Taylor is on her 8th album and we’ll see how HS8 will turn out (in future)? TS2 >>>>> HS2.

Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

403/404 is not going to happen every year. Last year, it was just a glitch.

Profile picture
    blinders
    Topics:

This Harry vs Taylor thing is the pits.

Both released great projects that resonated in the way they were intended. Both are locked nominees in BPVA and likely noms in AOTY. Both are almost-certainly being blocked from any potential wins by After Hours and Blinding Lights.

Squabbling over which is bigger is akin to rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Both will get their deserved nominations, and that’s the end of it.

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

Out of curiosity, does anyone here think any album that’s not named After Hours, Folklore or FTBC will win AOTY? If yes, which one? Interested to know.

For sure. It all honestly depends on who scores the nomination.

Someone like Brittany Howard could definitely win if nominated. She ticks off a lot of boxes for voters this year. She’s respected within the Recording Academy as a previous Grammy winner, would have support from both the Rock and R&B genre voters and is a previous AOTY nominee with her band. This is her debut solo album and the first single from it “History Repeats” was already nominated for 2 Grammys last year.

But, she could go the way of Gary Clark, Jr. and not score the AOTY nomination (but end up taking home multiple Grammys).

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

I mean if you want to make a sensible argument to my point about the CDs then do it, but just responding by saying “Harry fans are hilarious” means nothing and devalues the argument. At least my point about the music videos is somewhat relevant – it shows who has hype right now.

The one who has the hype is the one spending 8 weeks #1 on BB200. Also, you become even more delusional here and spread false chart data, Golden is not even top5 biggest debut this year on YT. Harry for now could be a servant of Taylor Swift cleaning her 10 Grammys and 29 AMAS. The way AMAS trashed him and he had to release a video in the hour of nominations to take away the attention says it all. His team knew. Also, Taylor is way more respected in her folklore era than Harry will ever manage to be, Jonas Brothers last year had an album that opened with similar numbers with Fine Line and the same critical acclaim, look what happened. You  and the other 2 Harry stans are setting him up here.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 8 weeks #1 on BB200

Nominated for Album Of The Year and Best Pop Vocal Album

Cardigan, #1 hit single off Folklore

Nominated for Song Of The Year and Best Pop Solo Performance

Exile, top10 hit single off Folklore

Nominated for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance

Profile picture
    cherry
    Topics:

Harry for now could be a servant of Taylor Swift cleaning her 10 Grammys and 29 AMAS.

weird… very weird

FYC

AOTY: Fine Line, Punisher, Fetch The Bolt Cutters, Ungodly Hour, SAWAYAMA, MAGDALENE, how i'm feeling now, folklore

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

Watch all these trolls vanish like they never existed when Taylor underperforms.

Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

Watch all these trolls vanish like they never existed when Taylor underperforms.

I think that’s an odd statement. what if Harry underperforms. Asp what’s 403/404

Profile picture
    mmstry
    Topics:

The one who has the hype is the one spending 8 weeks #1 on BB200. Also, you become even more delusional here and spread false chart data, Golden is not even top5 biggest debut this year on YT. Harry for now could be a servant of Taylor Swift cleaning her 10 Grammys and 29 AMAS. The way AMAS trashed him and he had to release a video in the hour of nominations to take away the attention says it all. His team knew. Also, Taylor is way more respected in her folklore era than Harry will ever manage to be, Jonas Brothers last year had an album that opened with similar numbers with Fine Line and the same critical acclaim, look what happened. You and the other 2 Harry stans are setting him up here.

you really think they decided to release the Golden mv suddenly because of the AMAs snub… that’s been teased for weeks prior….and as if columbia couldn’t just buy him those nominations like scooter did with Justin 💀 but lmao I think you actually lost your mind from hating Harry so much.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

you really think they decided to release the Golden mv suddenly because of the AMAs snub… that’s been teased for weeks prior….and as if columbia couldn’t just buy him those nominations like scooter did with Justin but lmao I think you actually lost your mind from hating Harry so much.

I don’t hate him at all, the exact time Golden video was announced to be released, was the exact time it became public the AMAS will be announced on Monday. How many videos have you seen released on a Monday? losing half of the tracking week. Also, they made sure the video premiere happens the exact time noms were announced.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 8 weeks #1 on BB200

Nominated for Album Of The Year and Best Pop Vocal Album

Cardigan, #1 hit single off Folklore

Nominated for Song Of The Year and Best Pop Solo Performance

Exile, top10 hit single off Folklore

Nominated for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance

Profile picture
    mmstry
    Topics:

I don’t hate him at all, the exact time Golden video was announced to be released, was the exact time it became public the AMAS will be announced on Monday. How many videos have you seen released on a Monday?

“Harry for now could be a servant of Taylor Swift cleaning her 10 Grammys and 29 AMAS. ” yeah I’m sure you love him. And he literally released Watermelon Sugar on a Monday??? Mhm or let me see it was part of his teams elaborate plan to take attention away from the AMAs.

Profile picture
    musiccisum
    Topics:

The one who has the hype is the one spending 8 weeks #1 on BB200. Also, you become even more delusional here and spread false chart data, Golden is not even top5 biggest debut this year on YT. Harry for now could be a servant of Taylor Swift cleaning her 10 Grammys and 29 AMAS. The way AMAS trashed him and he had to release a video in the hour of nominations to take away the attention says it all. His team knew. Also, Taylor is way more respected in her folklore era than Harry will ever manage to be, Jonas Brothers last year had an album that opened with similar numbers with Fine Line and the same critical acclaim, look what happened. You and the other 2 Harry stans are setting him up here.

you really don’t like him, do you lol?

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 528 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.