Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 7)

2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 528 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
moriahface
grandeswiftkn..
DAVEJ82470547
  • Profile picture
    Steve johnson
    Topics:

@INDUSTRY-INSIDER you need to shut up. Don’t post anymore bullshit here.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

“Harry for now could be a servant of Taylor Swift cleaning her 10 Grammys and 29 AMAS. ” yeah I’m sure you love him. And he literally released Watermelon Sugar on a Monday??? Mhm or let me see it was part of his teams elaborate plan to take attention away from the AMAs.

I had him as a dark horse for Grammys, but what happened with AMAS made me reconsider the so-much touted industry support here. Most of the people of the past years that were pop/rock AMAS nominees did appear in the Grammys next year

Pop/Rock female nominees of AMAS 2019

Billie, Ariana, Taylor (all nominated for pop vocal album)

Pop/Rock female nominees of AMAS 2018

Camila (pop vocal nom 2019)

Taylor (pop vocal nom 2019)

Cardi(she is not pop for Grammys)

Pop/Rock female nominees of AMAS 2017

Lady Gaga (pop vocal nom 2018)

Alessia Cara (BNA winner 2018)

Rihanna(her work was nominated in Grammys 2017)

Pop/Rock Female nominees of AMAS 2016

Adele (pop vocal nominee and winner)

Rihanna (her work was 8 times nominated, but she is not pop for Grammys)

Selena Gomez (rulebreaker)

Pop/Rock Female nominees of AMAS 2015

Ariana Grande (Pop Vocal Album nominee in 2015 Grammys)

Taylor Swift (Pop Vocal Album nominee and winner)

Meghan Trainor (BNA winner 2016)

Profile picture
    musiccisum
    Topics:

Most of the people of the past years that were pop/rock AMAS nominees did appear in the Grammys next year

may I remind you how often one direction was nominated at the AMAs and how often they were at the Grammys?

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

may I remind you how often one direction was nominated at the AMAs and how often they were at the Grammys?

I just want to say AMAS is more legit precursor than VMAS for example, because of tradition, I am just saying him getting 1 single nom there with such a year is a big question and this should have been a place where he scored multiple noms, I don’t know if his label has a feud or something, but look most nominated artists:

8 noms The Weeknd, Roddy Ritch

5 noms Meghan Thee Stallion

4 noms Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Doja Cat

3 noms Post Malone

2 noms Dua Lipa

1 nom Harry Styles

These number of noms is close to the most realistic Grammy scenario, where The Weeknd, Roddy and Meghan are the most nominated artists this year.

Last year Billie and Ariana scored 6 AMAS noms and both got  big Grammy spotlight in 2020 nominations.

Profile picture
    JLangston
    Topics:

Fine Line should take a spot in AOTY… even though it’s tough

Profile picture
    musiccisum
    Topics:

I am just saying him getting 1 single nom there with such a year is a big question and this should have been a place where he scored multiple noms

I think we all have agreed that something‘s wrong with bieber who definitely isn’t a huge contender at the grammys getting in over him especially in pop/rock male. so if you want to take this award show with that obvious off nomination as a grammy indicator I‘m not with you

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

I think we all have agreed that something‘s wrong with bieber who definitely isn’t a huge contender at the grammys getting in over him especially in pop/rock male. so if you want to take this award show with that obvious off nomination as a grammy indicator I‘m not with you

I am taking a back seat on Bieber, I think he may get a pop/duo nom. I am worried for Styles now that I was saying all summer he should not be underestimated.

Profile picture
    musiccisum
    Topics:

I am worried for Styles now that I was saying all summer he should not be underestimated.

I was never confident in him getting many nominations although he deserves them for the era he’s had, but the AMAs have not affected my predictions at all and I am not more “worried“ for him because of them

Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

Hey I really don’t want there to fight as I absolutely love both artists a lot, and both have their chances of getting nominations and they both can, or they can both miss. So let’s put the shovel down for now. I think if the Harries want to make a thread they should because hopefully it’ll give them a place to show them their appreciation for him (I love having a Taylor Thread and would love a Harry one too). So let’s stop arguing and someone make that thread (IDK how to) and then let’s calm it down.

Profile picture
    JLangston
    Topics:

At this point i think the weeknd, taylor and post malone are locks and dua and harry have to fight

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Imagine trying to pretend to be an insider while arguing that the AMAs mean anything 😭

! The claim in this post is disputed

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

I had him as a dark horse for Grammys, but what happened with AMAS made me reconsider the so-much touted industry support here. Most of the people of the past years that were pop/rock AMAS nominees did appear in the Grammys next year

Pop/Rock female nominees of AMAS 2019

Billie, Ariana, Taylor (all nominated for pop vocal album)

Pop/Rock female nominees of AMAS 2018

Camila (pop vocal nom 2019)

Taylor (pop vocal nom 2019)

Cardi(she is not pop for Grammys)

Pop/Rock female nominees of AMAS 2017

Lady Gaga (pop vocal nom 2018)

Alessia Cara (BNA winner 2018)

Rihanna(her work was nominated in Grammys 2017)

Pop/Rock Female nominees of AMAS 2016

Adele (pop vocal nominee and winner)

Rihanna (her work was 8 times nominated, but she is not pop for Grammys)

Selena Gomez (rulebreaker)

Pop/Rock Female nominees of AMAS 2015

Ariana Grande (Pop Vocal Album nominee in 2015 Grammys)

Taylor Swift (Pop Vocal Album nominee and winner)

Meghan Trainor (BNA winner 2016)

2019: Where were Ed Sheeran and Beyoncés noms? Billie Ariana and Taylor were always getting those noms. If you needed the AMAs to tell you that then LMAO
    2018: Again, Shawn Mendes P!nk and Kelly?
    2017: Kesha, P!nk and Kelly?
    2016: ‘I’m not sure if the album that debuted with 3.3 million sales by the grammys favorite artist will get nominated! Quick, someone check the AMAs.’ Selenas a rule breaker my ass, you’re just making this up. Where’s Demi and Sia BTW?
    2015: Oh yeah people were really questioning whether 1989 would be nominated. Thank God for the Amas! So where’s Miley and Coldplay? Mark Ronson, James Taylor, Kelly and Florence? My god, besides Taylor every single 2016 BPVA missed the AMAs

! The claim in this post is disputed

Profile picture
    storminthedark
    Topics:

This back and forth between Taylor and Harry fans is utterly bizarre. Spending pages speculating about and discrediting his sexuality (which is absolutely not anybody on this forum’s business), creating memes for the sole purpose of making fun of Harry/his fans and now stating that Harry could be a servant to Taylor? For what? A few Harry stans potentially being overconfident in his chances? Like we haven’t seen for the past few months with a few Taylor stans?

Y’all complained about the Music section of this forum not receiving privileges that others do and took to moderators to try and rectify this, yet spend your time going back and forth about completely irrelevant things that don’t impact the Grammys for pages on end. There is no precursor to the Grammys in terms of award shows and this year more than ever it appears that the nominations for these shows like the VMAs, AMAs etc can be easily manipulated. The ‘quarantine album’ isn’t much of a narrative to completely fuel Taylor’s campaign, but for voters who are aware of the project it will pique some interest because of that fact.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

About the page thing, I think after what happened last year they will be extra careful this year. Also, they have updated Lady Gaga’s page twice since first round voting ended so that might be a good sign

Profile picture
    Renessaince
    Topics:

Okay I see people arguing here about lack of nominations harry has at the AMAs there is clearly some dirty work there but saying that he would get the same treatment at the grammy is a little far fetched because by that logic yummy would get into bpsp  which I doubt is going to happen but who knows

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 528 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.