Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 7)

2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 528 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
moriahface
grandeswiftkn..
DAVEJ82470547
  • Profile picture
    Breathe
    Topics:

I can also add that if international success had anything to do with the grammy’s, Bad Bunny would also be a lock.

I mentioned Future Nostalgia’s commercial success outside the US because people act as if the album has flopped and only has critical acclaim that other albums also have, so Dua would have no chance of being nominated for anything.

Profile picture
    Breathe
    Topics:

Personally, I don’t think Dua is a frontrunner for anything, but Future Nostalgia has a chance of being nominated in AOTY, because she is a best new artist winner who succeeded, she has multiple hits this year and she a has a well-received album. In addition, it would be her first nomination in the category and she would have no chance to win.

Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

Please, dua has success in US too (to some extent). The fact that she has two huge radio chart toppers is a proof of that. And her album’s incredible critical acclaim will put her in both BPVA /AOTY.

Profile picture
    storminthedark
    Topics:

I didn’t do any of this actually. I thought the conversation surrounding his sexuality was beyond stupid. This guy keeps saying ‘Harry has a more consumed album’ without pointing to a single piece of data to back it up. Facts are post has more streamed album track and sells more pure each week.

I mean I think they made some valid points in regards to the circumstances surrounding both albums (Post having multiple features, having more tracks, being out for longer etc) but didn’t articulate them well. But yes, HB is a monster of an album and evidently is doing exceptionally well. (Fine Line is doing better in pure sales week on week though, as evidenced by the HDD chart with HB with 1.2k pure vs FL 4.8k and or 8/10 HB 1.1k vs FL 5k….plus the fact Fine Line is above HB on the Billboard Album Sales chart…)

But nitpicking about pure sales for two very successful albums is mostly irrelevant to the discussion, it’s about what album & artist is “fresh” or relevant to voters at the time of voting.

Profile picture
    Breathe
    Topics:

Please, dua has success in US too (to some extent). The fact that she has two huge radio chart toppers is a proof of that. And her album’s incredible critical acclaim will put her in both BPVA /AOTY.

Yes of course

Profile picture
    mmstry
    Topics:

Hollywood’s bleeding is obviously the biggest album and it’s outselling everyone and it’s over a year old. Why is this even being discussed?

Profile picture
    mmstry
    Topics:

Harry is being discussed too much in the AOTY thread when his chances at even getting a nom there aren’t even that big.

Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

But nitpicking about pure sales for two very successful albums is mostly irrelevant to the discussion, it’s about what album & artist is “fresh” or relevant to voters at the time of voting

Not you taking her seriously. When it comes to pop smoke/ariana, pute sales won’t matter to her but when it comes to good pure album seller, she started nitpicking. Ignore her.

Well, harry has a very good chance of AOTY nomination. But the fact he has zero gramny history makes me suspicious about it.  One D has not even a single nom, not even in minor categories. So 24 November will be a big day for you guys.

Profile picture
    LawC
    Topics:

If voters from different genres indeed mostly vote for the AOTY-nominated albums from their respective genre, then neither Taylor nor Harry will get votes en masse by alternative voters, as those will most likely vote for Fiona or Brittany if one of them is nominated (and I think Fiona will be 100%).

As for country voters, I can see those tending towards folklore (in case it does make it to AOTY ofc), if there is no viable alternative, as it does appeal to them to an extent that’s certainly far more reaching than it would be for an album like PEMFAS, FN or Chromatica.
    However I think the Highwomen will make it to AOTY, mainly thanks to Brandi Carlile’s current status as a BRP favorite, so Taylor shouldn’t count on the country block as support. And too many pop albums could split the votes amongst the nominated pop albums, opening the way for a surprise, non-pop pick.

However, vote splitting is just theoretical discussion and we don’t really know the true voting habits of the members, so who knows, country/pop voters could also vote for Fiona for example.

Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

Does my girl brittany still has chance of AOTY nomination or not? I hope she surprises us by taking AOTY prize.

Profile picture
    mmstry
    Topics:

When CxH make it in AOTY>

Profile picture
    moriahface
    Topics:

Y’all are still ignoring basically everything I said. Seriously, show me where I said that HB doesn’t have more streams… But this is not a Spotify streaming comparison forum. You are ignoring my reasoning about Fine Line being more of an AOTY-type album than HB.

Since most of you don’t even have HB in your predictions, and I’m making the case of FL > HB for a Grammy category, what is the point of continuously repeating that he has more streams???? Okay????? In terms of Grammy nominations, that doesn’t mean he had the biggest era. And you must agree with that because you aren’t predicting him either! Some of you love to turn everything into an argument.

Profile picture
    haimentines
    Topics:

His numbers are big but he doesn’t have any of the critical acclaim that most of the other artists being considered do.

Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

My list AOTY list currently:

After Hours – The Weeknd
    FTBC – Fiona Apple
    PEMFBA – Roddy Ricch
    Jaime – Brittany Howard
    Folklore – Taylor Swift
    The Highwomen
    Fine Line – Harry Styles
    Hollywood’s Bleeding – Post Malone

The last three I’m not confident about and I think ChloexHalle and RTJ could get a nom instead them.
    I also wish Kiwanuka would make it, but I’m trying to be realistic so…

Profile picture
    jellythe3rd
    Topics:

I’m starting to think Taylor’s not getting into AOTY and the pop competitors will be HB & AH.

Current Predictions (subject to change and not in any particular order, just numbered for easier viewing)

1. The Weeknd – After Hours
    2. Post Malone – Hollywood’s Bleeding
    3. Roddy Rich – Please Excuse Me For Being Anti-Social
    4. Fiona Apple – Fetch the Bolt Cutters
    5. Whoever the soul train winner is
    6. Tame Impala – The Slow Rush or Perfume Genius – Set My Heart on Fire Immediately
    7. Pop Smoke – Shoot For the Moon Aim For the Stars *Taking a huge gamble with this one, but I feel like rap might push it and it’s strong on the charts right now. Could be a thing of timing although I am aware of the many things the album has going against it.
    8. A surprise nominee, my bet in either pop or alt or The Highwomen – The Highwomen

Alts.
    1. Megan Thee Stallion – SUGA
    2. Taylor Swift – Folklore
    3. Whoever the soul train runner up is

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 528 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.