Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 7)

2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 528 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
moriahface
grandeswiftkn..
DAVEJ82470547
  • Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

I think they blocked divide for the same reason they blocked Reputation. They just didn’t think the album was good enough. Some users really overthink stuff.

Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

Not nominating Shape Of You for ROTY or SOTY was certainly… a choice by the BRP. It’s the biggest hit of the century and that will most likely even become the best-selling (in equivalent units) song in history, at least globally, i don’t know how well it did in the US alone. There have been so many songs that were nominated purely because of their success, yet the biggest one of them all didn’t get in. Interesting choice indeed

Ughh. I love shape of you so much. People call it Blah blah blah but they themselves had listented to it millions of times.

Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

I think they blocked divide for the same reason they blocked Reputation. They just didn’t think the album was good enough. Some users really overthink stuff.

GSK tease.

Profile picture
    LawC
    Topics:

I don’t think reputation was blocked because I doubt it made it to the top 20 in the first place.
    It was quite old when the first round voting happened and it obviously also failed to get noms anywhere else in the pop field outside of the genre album category

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

I have Post in my predictions right now, but I hope I’m wrong. I am not his biggest fan, and I feel he has already gotten more credit from the Grammys than he deserved. Plus, Hollywood’s Bleeding was less of an album and more of a compilation of songs he hoped could be hits

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

It’s pretty evident that they blocked ÷ because they thought it posed a serious threat to win and they didn’t want it to, and that they blocked Reputation because they didn’t think it was worthy of bringing Taylor back to the finals after just winning with her previous album. There’s really no other way around it.

I mean, I highly doubt concerns about quality are what happened when things like 7, Teenage Dream, and Scorpion made it in despite having worse reviews than the Sheeran and Swift albums.

Profile picture
    River
    Topics:

There are so many reasons why Reputation was blocked. They rarely nominate artists who have just won AOTY. Reputation clearly wouldn’t be an exception.

Profile picture
    photographista_
    Topics:

There are so many reasons why Reputation was blocked. They rarely nominate artists who have just won AOTY. Reputation clearly wouldn’t be an exception.

And because it’s her second worst album. That’s why I think they won’t block Taylor this year, because she finally released an acclaimed and cohesive album. I mean Lover is “good”, but who tought it was a good ideia to put False God (a song about sex) after Soon You’ll Get Better (a song about your mother’s health)? Folklore is both acclaimed and cohesive, despite being one of the biggests albums of the year.

Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

Honey, more users have got to start thinking that Taylor Swift will NOT get in Album of the Year.

I get where you are coming from, and their are high chances she gets blocked, but Guc, u also dont like Taylor (I think) which makes u a lot more sure of her not getting in. so think like an unbiased person which is what I try to do. Realistically this is a huge album in terms of noise and its acclaimed. I think that gives her an upper hand that rep and lover lacked. She also is doing any exposure like previously and she isn’t being over saturated in the media. now tell  me your reasons and ill try to be more realistic in ur terms

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

Personally, I think there are many possible explanations. Example…

What if Atlantic records purposely didn’t push Ed Sheeran to the GF because they planned to fight for a Bruno Sweep?

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

The Ed Sheeran snubs happen the year after Adele swept, so that could have been the reason. Are people really believing Post would be able to pull off a sweep after Billie Eilish?

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

Ughh. I love shape of you so much. People call it Blah blah blah but they themselves had listented to it millions of times.

I love Bruno and I liked his 24k Magic (album) but even Shape of You would have been a better winner than 24k Magic (song). It was a mediocre version of Uptown Funk and it wasn’ t even the biggest or most representative song of the year

Humble. should have won tbh. A #1 hit that was the 4th biggest song of the year and the most acclaimed of the year.

Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

I love Bruno and I liked his 24k Magic (album) but even Shape of You would have been a better winner than 24k Magic (song). It was a mediocre version of Uptown Funk and it wasn’ t even the biggest or most representative song of the year Humble. should have won tbh. A #1 hit that was the 4th biggest song of the year and the most acclaimed of the year.

whenever someone mentions humble I can only think of that one girl sitting in the car, singing it like an opera singer, and than I can’t take it seriously. but its great.

Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

10/10 experience watching it tho

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Shape of You and Divide are borderline annoying, I remember when Shape of You came out i was like, Oh i love this Song, it is so catchy, Ed did that and by the end of that year, after that thing being overplayed everywhere, it was annoying to say the least. At some point I was changing radio stations if it was on, Ed won a GF Award for Thinking Out Loud, a gorgeous song. It is not like the Grammys didn’t appreciate his work. Also, despite not winning GF award for divide, he won Pop Vocal/Pop Solo and didn’t even shown up in the ceremony because of the GF snub.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 8 weeks #1 on BB200

Nominated for Album Of The Year and Best Pop Vocal Album

Cardigan, #1 hit single off Folklore

Nominated for Song Of The Year and Best Pop Solo Performance

Exile, top10 hit single off Folklore

Nominated for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 528 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.