Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 7)

2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 528 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
moriahface
grandeswiftkn..
DAVEJ82470547
  • Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

Shape of You and Divide are borderline annoying, I remember when Shape of You came out i was like, Oh i love this Song, it is so catchy, Ed did that and by the end of that year, after that thing being overplayed everywhere, it was annoying to say the least. At some point I was changing radio stations if it was on, Ed won a GF Award for Thinking Out Loud, a gorgeous song. It is not like the Grammys didn’t appreciate his work. Also, despite not winning GF award for divide, he won Pop Vocal/Pop Solo and didn’t even shown up in the ceremony because of the GF snub.

I kinda do that with Blinding Light and Circles now. I’m like LET THESE SONGS DIE!!! Or at the least promote a new song by the artist. At least with Dua she has a new song every few months that really gets a big radio push and I was about to get sick of Break my Heart, But I’ve been hearing Levitating now and I think it’s catchy so I’m not as annoyed at her. Kinda similar situation with Harry, except for the fact that I still like Adore You more. But Golden is a great song and I really hope it does well

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

I’ve never heard SOY by my own will, and im proud of that

Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

castle on the hill deserved soy success. that was a quality song. also I liked divide. Supermarket flowers make me cry all the time

Profile picture
    photographista_
    Topics:

I get where you are coming from, and their are high chances she gets blocked, but Guc, u also dont like Taylor (I think) which makes u a lot more sure of her not getting in. so think like an unbiased person which is what I try to do. Realistically this is a huge album in terms of noise and its acclaimed. I think that gives her an upper hand that rep and lover lacked. She also is doing any exposure like previously and she isn’t being over saturated in the media. now tell me your reasons and ill try to be more realistic in ur terms

Not you asking a troll for their reasons 🙁

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

The Weeknd just released yet another music video for a non-single from After Hours. Meanwhile, Taylor still hasn’t even released a 2nd single or music video.

https://youtu.be/Wh8DT09QCHI

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    TobiasBuck
    Topics:

The Grammys just handed AOTY to woman who already won. Ed would have been the third consecutive white pop artist to win with the biggest era of that period. They wanted to avoid this.

Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

Just putting this out their. Unless u Stan Fiona or Abel I don’t wanna see u posting about how ur favs r a lock. I Stan Taylor. She is not a lock. Harry is not a lock. Dua is definitely not a lock. I appreciate that one bts Stan on here who doesn’t think the 7 is a lock.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

I know my favorite is not a lock, but let’s be real here Fiona isn’t either

Profile picture
    Jellyᴮᴱ
    Topics:

Chart data just posted this:

Best selling albums of 2020 (US total activity)
    #1 My Turn
    #2 After Hours
    #3 folklore
    #4 Eternal Atake
    #5 Please Excuse Me for Being Antisocial
    #6 Shoot For The Stars Aim For The Moon
    #7 Hollywood’s Bleeding
    #8 Legends Never Die
    #9 YHLQMDLG
    #10 Hamilton

FYC:

Dynamite | BTS - BPDGP

Profile picture
    Breathe
    Topics:

Chart data just posted this:

Best selling albums of 2020 (US total activity)
    #1 My Turn
    #2 After Hours
    #3 folklore
    #4 Eternal Atake
    #5 Please Excuse Me for Being Antisocial
    #6 Shoot For The Stars Aim For The Moon
    #7 Hollywood’s Bleeding
    #8 Legends Never Die
    #9 YHLQMDLG
    #10 Hamilton

It’s on HDD’s page https://hitsdailydouble.com/ytd_project_activity

Profile picture
    "How You Doin'"
    Topics:

Honey, Gucci has stated why Taylor Swift will be blocked in Album of the Year.  Let Gucc reiterate:

– Swift’s sales are slightly lower than usual
    – While Folklore is critically-acclaimed, it does NOT have massive acclaim like Fetch the Bolt Cutters
    – Given the racial climate, it would NOT be a good look to award another white act in Album of the Year
    – Three white women will NOT win Album of the Year in a row
    – If the blue-ribbon committee allows Taylor to compete, she’s a threat to win over more deserving artists… again
    – There is no narrative to justify a third Album of the Year win so soon in her career

Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

The Weeknd just released yet another music video for a non-single from After Hours. Meanwhile, Taylor still hasn’t even released a 2nd single or music video.

https://youtu.be/Wh8DT09QCHI

His videos have been amazing this era. And also mentioned in his Rolling Stone interview he was planning to release three more videos: Too Late, Escape from LA and Faith. Can’t wait to see where the story goes when the other two are done.

Profile picture
    sara
    Topics:

Swift’s sales are slightly lower than usual  

Folklore outsold lover

Those are the only two albums you can compare bc they are both in the streaming era.

u can’t compare, lets say, RED’s album sales to folklore’s because it was a different time.

FYC: future nostalgia, Sawayama, Hollywood’s bleeding

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

I see people predicted Pop Smoke in AOTY. Seriously I don’t see it’s happening. If BRP/committee try to push another rap album alongside with PEMFBA then, it would be RTJ4, Eternal Atake or My Picture.

For you consideration :

Album of the year : folklore
    Record of the year : Don't Start Now
    Song of the year : cardigan
    Best new artist : Phoebe Bridgers

Best pop vocal album : folklore
    Best rap album : Alfredo
    Best alternative music album : Fetch the Bolt Cutters
    Best progressive R&B album : Ungodly Hour

Profile picture
    Jellyᴮᴱ
    Topics:

I see people predicted Pop Smoke in AOTY. Seriously I don’t see it’s happening. If BRP/committee try to push another rap album alongside with PEMFBA then, it would be RTJ4, Eternal Atake or My Picture.

I think I’m the only one predicting it, and I noted it was quite a gamble. If he doesn’t make it, I think another rap artist (in addition to Roddy) will make it in. Maybe Lil Baby or Megan, or one of the ones you listed above.

Although I doubt Run the Jewels. They’ve only ever been nominated for rap song even though they put out consistently good albums. There is nothing to tell me that they’ll have grammy support this year.

FYC:

Dynamite | BTS - BPDGP

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 528 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.