Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 8)

2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 514 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
moriahface
ciguanaba
2021ravenclaw1
  • Profile picture
    Daniel Montgomery
    Topics:

Continue ๐Ÿ™‚

Profile picture
    jonathan
    Topics:

challenge: don’t talk about harry vs. taylor for any of part 8 ๐Ÿ™‚

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Where does everyone stand with Post Malone?

! The claim in this post is disputed

Profile picture
    Jellyแดฎแดฑ
    Topics:

I think he’s too big this year to not get a nomination. He has the biggest pop album of the year.

FYC:

Dynamite | BTS - BPDGP

Profile picture
    folklorevoodoo
    Topics:

I think he’ll get into AOTY. his album was way too big for them to ignore it.

โ“˜ ๐—ข๐—ณ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ถ๐—ฎ๐—น ๐˜€๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ฟ๐˜‚๐—ฒ.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I think he’s missing AOTY, SOTY, and Pop Vocal Album since he’s not campaigning and Republic is barely doing anything for him. Not to mention his album isn’t really being talked about anymore and all the other Pop albums are more fresh on everyone’s minds. It feels like the ASIB Soundtrack all over again. My only predictions for him are ROTY and Pop Solo.

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I think heโ€™s too big this year to not get a nomination. He has the biggest pop album of the year.

Taylor will be past him soon though and everyone knows it. She’s already way ahead of him in raw sales, which is the most impressive metric that everyone is talking about.

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    Alltheworldsastage
    Topics:

Hollywood’s bleeding has insane longevity with smash hits and it’s not panned. Why is it being so under estimated? It’s still charting just below top 10 on bb200

Profile picture
    folklorevoodoo
    Topics:

HB is over a year old and it’s still top 20. I think it’s being underestimated by predictors.

โ“˜ ๐—ข๐—ณ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ถ๐—ฎ๐—น ๐˜€๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ฟ๐˜‚๐—ฒ.

Profile picture
    ELIAS โšก๏ธ
    Topics:

I do not see how Post Malone would not be in AOTY with a more successful/better received album than Beerbongs and Bentleys. Hence why AOTY is definitely a possibility.

Albums of the Year:

After Hours~The Weeknd
    Fetch the Bolt Cutters~Fiona Apple
    RTJ4~Run the Jewels
    Whatโ€™s Your Pleasure~Jessie Ware
    The Slow Rush~Tame Impala
    Circles~Mac Miller
    folklore~Taylor Swift
    How I Am Feeling Now~Charli XCX
    SAWAYAMA~Rina Sawayama
    The GOAT-Polo G
    Women in Music Volume Part III-HAIM
    Lianne La Havas~Lianne La Havas
    YHLQMDLG~Bad Bunny
    Punisher~Phoebe Bridgers
    The Strokes~The New Abnormal
    grรฆ~Moses Sumney
    2017-2019~A.A.L.
    Ungodly Hour~Chloe x Halle
    ALIAS~Shygirl

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Taylor will be past him soon though and everyone knows it. Sheโ€™s already way ahead of him in raw sales, which is the most impressive metric that everyone is talking about.

I don’t think that’s true actually. HITSDD has her outselling him by 1k this week and there’s about a 50k gap between them so.

! The claim in this post is disputed

Profile picture
    Jellyแดฎแดฑ
    Topics:

Taylor will be past him soon though and everyone knows it. Sheโ€™s already way ahead of him in raw sales, which is the most impressive metric that everyone is talking about.

I don’t think raw sales is very important in AOTY. MOS7 has more/similar raw sales to HB, but nobody is predicting them.

Make it make sense.

Also, no Taylor will not be ahead of him soon enough. She’ll need about a couple billion more streams.

I prefer Folklore to Hollywood’s bleeding, I just don’t understand this argument.

FYC:

Dynamite | BTS - BPDGP

Profile picture
    Topics:

He’s one of those where I wouldn’t be surprised if he showed up everywhere, and I also wouldn’t be surprised if he’s snubbed in major categories. I have him in 5 categories tho (AOTY, ROTY, SOTY, BPVA, BPSP). Think Republic are prioritizing The Weeknd/Taylor over him.

Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

Heโ€™s one of those where I wouldnโ€™t be surprised if he showed up everywhere, and I also wouldnโ€™t be surprised if heโ€™s snubbed in major categories. I have him in 5 categories tho (AOTY, ROTY, SOTY, BPVA, BPSP). Think Republic are prioritizing The Weeknd/Taylor over him.

The Weeknd I agree with, but Taylor… I mean she has a good shot at a lot of categories but I don’t think they are doing a whole lot for her right now… unless it is stuff behind the scenes (which I could see) or they could decide to promote her if she a lot of nominations.

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

Currently have him for ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo, Pop Album and Rock Performance nominations. I just have a feeling heโ€™ll miss AOTY.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.