Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 8)

2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 514 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
moriahface
ciguanaba
2021ravenclaw1
  • Profile picture
    thefunkydeltron
    Topics:

What are the RTJ4’s chances?

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

I have them in AOTY right now but they’re kind of a long shot.

FYC:

folklore: AOTY, BPVA
    cardigan: SOTY
    exile: BPDGP

Don't Start Now: ROTY, BPSP

Ungodly Hour: BPR&BA
    Do It: BR&BS
    Wonder What She Thinks Of Me: BTR&BP

Phoebe Bridgers: BNA
    Punisher: Alt. A
    Kyoto: BRS, BRP

Profile picture
    Jellyᴮᴱ
    Topics:

This would be RTJ’s best shot because they are more relevant this year. However, I highly doubt they will be nominated.

They don’t have grammy history and have been snubbed many a time even though they continuously put out critically acclaimed albums.

Their only grammy history was as a feature.

FYC:

Dynamite | BTS - BPDGP

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

1. Fetch The Bolt Cutters, Fiona Apple
    2. After Hours, The Weeknd
    3. Hollywood’s Bleeding, Post Malone
    4. Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial, Roddy Ricch
    5. Folklore, Taylor Swift
    6. What You See Is What You Get, Luke Combs
    7. Ungodly Hour, Chloe x Halle
    8. RTJ4, Run The Jewels

Next in line:
    Fine Line, Harry Styles
    Jaime, Brittany Howard
    The Highwomen, The Highwomen
    Future Nostalgia, Dua Lipa
    Over It, Summer Walker

Profile picture
    chem_x
    Topics:

they would definitely be a committee pick but it’s still possible. Killer Mike has been everywhere this year (good and bad), the album is highly acclaimed, and they’re veterans.

I have them in AOTY/SOTY but i’m only predicting them for one nom in the rap categories.

Profile picture
    mmstry
    Topics:

I think Post is getting the ariana treatment. A lot of noms but no wins

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

RTJ’s Grammy history shouldn’t have an effect on this year. There are several artists who weren’t on the Grammy radar in previous seasons but ended up Grammy favorites in later seasons. I feel like this is the most they’ve been on the radar. Plus, genre and general panels should help their chances.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

After The Hip Hop Awards win for Album of the Year I’m going to say that Roddy Ricch is now a lock in Album of the Year. He won BET, and Hip Hop (over Run the Jewels) for Album of the Year. So, if a Rap album is getting in, it will be him.

Profile picture
    esteban
    Topics:

RTJ fit the bill of a recent committee pick (universal acclaim, non-commercial artist, possible overdue status or narrative). It would be a shame if they don’t get nominated because their album is great. Plus the album is pure politics.

Profile picture
    esteban
    Topics:

Now imagine if Roddy Ricch wins AOTY. What a moment that would be.

Profile picture
    "How You Doin'"
    Topics:

Get real!  Post Malone will NOT miss Record of the Year, Album of the Year, and Best Pop Vocal Album.  He will miss Song of the Year.

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

After The Hip Hop Awards win for Album of the Year I’m going to say that Roddy Ricch is now a lock in Album of the Year. He won BET, and Hip Hop (over Run the Jewels) for Album of the Year. So, if a Rap album is getting in, it will be him.

Talking about BET Hip Hop, I think it’s worth mentioning that Megan won 3 awards, including artist of the year over Roddy and the two Babies. Savage Remix won Best Collaboration and Best Featured Verse for Bey’s part. She seems to have a lot of support, I totally can see her going 2/4-5 on Grammy’s night.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

More than one Rap album can make it in. And he didn’t win AOTY over Run the Jewels, since they weren’t even nominated. I can see Run The Jewels being one of those nominees not nominated in the Rap field, but manages an AOTY nomination.

Profile picture
    jonathan
    Topics:

I’m still on the Suga train for an aoty nomination. She has the best chance of any of the potential BNA nominees to make it into aoty I think (except maybe Punisher?), and the Grammys have a history of having some BNA nominees in the aoty category, like last year when there were three. Also, Suga did well critically, I personally like it a lot, and it has a massive hit with savage.

Profile picture
    Jellyᴮᴱ
    Topics:

I’m still on the Suga train for an aoty nomination. She has the best chance of any of the potential BNA nominees to make it into aoty I think (except maybe Punisher?), and the Grammys have a history of having some BNA nominees in the aoty category, like last year when there were three. Also, Suga did well critically, I personally like it a lot, and it has a massive hit with savage.

Hot Pink could also be a BNA AOTY contender. The album gave us hits like Say So and it’s still doing pretty well.

FYC:

Dynamite | BTS - BPDGP

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.