Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 9)

2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 10 posts - 586 through 595 (of 595 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
mmstry
moriahface
grandeswiftkn..
  • Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

Don’t the BRP listen to the first five tracks of an album to discuss/select the noms for AOTY? The main bops of Future Nostalgia are the first five. It’s getting in.

Profile picture
    mmstry
    Topics:

yes and I’m pretty sure Murder Most Foul by Bob Dylan will be there.

Wait that’s a good one too I’ve had the bones in as the “country” one even though it’s bigger commercially but I see that one too.

Profile picture
    mmstry
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

Don’t the BRP listen to the first five tracks of an album to discuss/select the noms for AOTY? The main bops of Future Nostalgia are the first five. It’s getting in.

As a Harry stan I really hope that’s not true and they listened to the second half of fine line omfg</p>

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    moriahface
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”> As a Harry stan I really hope that’s not true and they listened to the second half of fine line omfg</p>

Well we know he sent that little catalog with his performances and achievements along with a CD, so hopefully they listened all the way through.

Profile picture
    chem_x
    Topics:

I feel like we’re really overestimating how much thought the voter and the BRP put into nominations tbh.

voters are usually pretty boring and predictors get in trouble when they overthink who’s gonna win

meanwhile the BRP is genuinely impossible to predict and kinda shady 💀 the possibilities are endless with them

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

I’m pretty sure the BRP listens to the whole album. It doesn’t make sense for them to only listen to 5 songs. But if that is the case, maybe they’ll think dynamite is on MOTS7 and BTS will have a bigger chance. Mwahahahahaha.

Nope. they only listen to 5 songs. I’m not sure if they listen to the first five songs since I remember reading it described as a “selection of songs” from the album.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

voters are usually pretty boring and predictors get in trouble when they overthink who’s gonna win meanwhile the BRP is genuinely impossible to predict and kinda shady 💀 the possibilities are endless with them

I much prefer the BRP’s choices, particularly last year. It was such a dynamic, diverse representation of music. Too bad 7 was there.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

As a Harry stan I really hope that’s not true and they listened to the second half of fine line omfg</p>

Disagree. The first 5 tracks include the current single, two other smash hits, the lead, and a more “serious” song. I think Fine Line, Future Nostalgia, and Folklore can benefit from that rule.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
Viewing 10 posts - 586 through 595 (of 595 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.