Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Best New Artist (Part 1)

2021 Grammy predictions: Best New Artist (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 359 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
10 hours ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
jellythe3rd
How U Doin'
Vicennn
  • Profile picture
    Daniel Montgomery
    Topics:

Saw the that prediction threads are filling up crazy fast, so I’m setting up new ones to break things up. This one’s specifically for Best New Artist 🙂

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

I feel confident on four artists here – Megan, Phoebe, Doja, and Mickey Guyton.

I’m not fully sold on Summer Walker or Morgan Wallen, but I have them in for the time being.

Blackpink and Rina Sawayama are my final 2, but not super confident in those.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

If someone from moderation reads this, we got info that Ava Max is not in BNA list, you can get her out from the prediction center. Maybe we can confirm whether all the artists of the prediction center are indeed in the Grammys voting system.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 8 weeks #1 on BB200

Highly acclaimed by all critics with 88/100 metascore

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jaydoesnotknow
    Topics:

I feel confident on four artists here – Megan, Phoebe, Doja, and Mickey Guyton. I’m not fully sold on Summer Walker or Morgan Wallen, but I have them in for the time being. Blackpink and Rina Sawayama are my final 2, but not super confident in those.

I’m thinking it’ll be Rina to round up the list of nominees but it’ll be nice to see BlackPink in there.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Marcos
    Topics:

I could be wrong but I feel that this year’s line-up is the more crowded one since they expanded the GF from 5 to 8 spots.

Megan Thee Stallion, Doja Cat, Phoebe Bridges and Summer Walker are my main picks so far. Morgan Wallen already had a long shot and, given he’s campaigning with a performance on the last SNL during first-round voting (10/10), he comes next in my predictions.

Besides these ones, I put Gabby Barrett and Mickey Guyton. I have Kiana Ledé at #8 currently – but with a very long shot, I honestly don’t think she’s entering.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I think Summer Walker is in. She has the biggest R&B album of the eligibility period, and R&B females have been popping up a lot lately.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ELIAS ⚡️
    Topics:

I have Orville Peck. He’s been campaigning for the longest time. Currently I have him in

Albums of the Year:

After Hours~The Weeknd
    Fetch the Bolt Cutters~Fiona Apple
    RTJ4~Run the Jewels
    What’s Your Pleasure~Jessie Ware
    The Slow Rush~Tame Impala
    Circles~Mac Miller
    folklore~Taylor Swift
    How I Am Feeling Now~Charli XCX
    SAWAYAMA~Rina Sawayama
    The GOAT-Polo G
    Women in Music Volume Part III-HAIM
    Lianne La Havas~Lianne La Havas
    YHLQMDLG~Bad Bunny
    Punisher~Phoebe Bridgers
    The Strokes~The New Abnormal
    græ~Moses Sumney
    2017-2019~A.A.L.
    Ungodly Hour~Chloe x Halle
    ALIAS~Shygirl
    St

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TiffLore
    Topics:

Summer not making it in would be a joke

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

I have Orville Peck. He’s been campaigning for the longest time. Currently I have him in

I loved his debut album he definitely deserves. His song writing his great Grammys love LBGTQ+ artists ! I have him as well.

Also. I see Megan as a serious threat for BNA .She’s getting bigger and she’s teaming up with Powerful People in the industry right now (Beyoncé and Cardi) recently her new song with Thug is great. Hopefully she can keep up the momentum up until.

As for Doja Cat .. I think she won’t make it into any category unless Abel gets a name check in for Pop/Duo. I just think she’s in a too competitive climate but BNA is her best bet to get nominated in .I’m still going to predict her though. Pop Vocal and Pop Solo are too crowded.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I loved his debut album he definitely deserves. His song writing his great Grammys love LBGTQ+ artists ! I have him as well.

Also. I see Megan as a serious threat for BNA .She’s getting bigger and she’s teaming up with Powerful People in the industry right now (Beyoncé and Cardi) recently her new song with Thug is great. Hopefully she can keep up the momentum up until.

As for Doja Cat .. I think she won’t make it into any category unless Abel gets a name check in for Pop/Duo. I just think she’s in a too competitive climate but BNA is her best bet to get nominated in . Pop Vocal and Pop Solo are too crowded.

Definitely would not be surprised if BNA is Doja’s only nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

I think Summer Walker is in. She has the biggest R&B album of the eligibility period, and R&B females have been popping up a lot lately.

See, I’m thinking this, but they had a wide-open opportunity to nominate her last year and didn’t.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

See, I’m thinking this, but they had a wide-open opportunity to nominate her last year and didn’t.

Same with Megan Thee Stallion, but they didn’t. I think this year was bigger for the both of them anyway.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    How U Doin'
    Topics:

Honey, Doja Cat may NOT even make it in Best New Artist.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Why will Doja Cat miss though ?

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 8 weeks #1 on BB200

Highly acclaimed by all critics with 88/100 metascore

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    chem_x
    Topics:

I could be wrong but I feel that this year’s line-up is the more crowded one since they expanded the GF from 5 to 8 spots.

Megan Thee Stallion, Doja Cat, Phoebe Bridges and Summer Walker are my main picks so far. Morgan Wallen already had a long shot and, given he’s campaigning with a performance on the last SNL during first-round voting (10/10), he comes next in my predictions.

Besides these ones, I put Gabby Barrett and Mickey Guyton. I have Kiana Ledé at #8 currently – but with a vry long shot, I honestly don’t think she’s entering.

I would love to see Kiana show up.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 359 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.