Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Best New Artist (Part 1)

2021 Grammy predictions: Best New Artist (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 393 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
46 mins ago
replies
views
users
Jellyᴮᴱ
"How You Doin'"
Darren
  • Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Let’s be honest: Roddy Ricch should’ve been eligible for & won BNA.

Lewis Capaldi’s omission is understandable considering that SYL was nominated for SOTY. His breakthrough happened during the last GRAMMY cycle. Fair.

But Roddy won as a feature. A FEATURE! He didn’t blow up until 2020. Before this year he had no prior album in consideration. So technically he is a new artist. The rules need to be re-evaluated ASAP.

I don’t agree. The Grammys’ stance that if you’ve already won a Grammy as a performer you shouldn’t be eligible is fair. It just needs to apply consistently to all Grammy winners.

Winning a Grammy before your debut album is an impressive feat, but they should spread the love around to artists who haven’t gotten their shot to win yet.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Radiogagahead
    Topics:

Current predictions:

Doja Cat
    Gabby Barrett
    Meghan Thee Stallion
    Moses Sumney
    Phoebe Bridgers
    Pop Smoke
    Rina Sawayama
    Summer Walker

She’s not that far off from Bridger’s sound, but do we know if Clairo is eligible? Could sneak in if so.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PostHours
    Topics:

Imagine Finneas being nominated for and winning BNA after winning six awards the year before. The backlash would be hilarious. The BRP is there to override whatever the screening committee allowed, and that’s why people shouldn’t get too upset just yet.

it’ll be hilarious is he gets nominated. he has a Grammy for SOTY for god’s sake

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    MG
    Topics:

Rina delivered an incredible performance on Fallon tonight.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

Rina delivered an incredible performance on Fallon tonight.

So freaking amazing.

Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: charismatic-celery-439)! Which one of y'all just compared with me and scored 79? That's insanely high...

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

I know any voter who didn’t vote for Rina in BNA is embarrassed right now. She was so good on Fallon.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

I read that Whitney Houston wasn’t eligible for BNA because she was featured on a random song that wasn’t even nominated for the Grammys a year before she released her debut album

As a result of having recorded this duet in 1984, Houston was disqualified from consideration as Grammy Best New Artist of 1985.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hold_Me_(Teddy_Pendergrass_and_Whitney_Houston_song)#cite_note-4

https://books.google.co.ve/books?id=XCQEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PT7&lpg=PT7&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false

But these days we have artists submitted for multiples years for BNA. We even have 6 time Grammy winners submitted for BNA too lmao

For example Megan shouldn’t be eligible anymore. She got hits the last eligibility period and she was submitted and snubbed. After that an artist shouldn’t be eligible for BNA anymore. The same goes to Alessia Cara and Dua Lipa.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    "How You Doin'"
    Topics:

Honey, the Best New Artist rules were super strict back in the day.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

I think FINNEAS deserves a nomination, yes he is a 5 time winner but that’s as a producer and a songwriter not a performer. He probably won’t get nominated though

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ScottyDog
    Topics:

I hope Rina’s performance sways the panel…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

It’s curious, how every time they update the grammy rules, there’s always an exception. They should just limit to the artists who release their first album or songs that eligibility period and call the day. Stop pretending you discover someone who is already successful after years of their actual debut. lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

If Rina is not in I will be so mad

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

Billie’s brother in BNA would be the biggest joke ever

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    400lux
    Topics:

Rina was so great on Fallon. I will be super bummed if she doesnt get that nom.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    korthicke
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: right;”>

Rina was so great on Fallon. I will be super bummed if she doesnt get that nom.

deserves a BNA no doubt about it, but she’ll be nominated either way in the rock or alternative categories</p>

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 393 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.