Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Best New Artist (Part 1)

2021 Grammy predictions: Best New Artist (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 506 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 hours ago
replies
views
users
Christina
Ghost
darren
  • Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Phoebe is the most nominated from BNA artists. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves, Grammys love pop acts. I remember people predicting H.E.R in BNA but Dua Lipa won. Meaning… watch out for Doja Cat.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Christina
    Topics:

Honey, wrong!  Both Best New Artist nominees Phoebe Bridgers and Megan Thee Stallion received four nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Gucci is right, but one alternative/rock girlie, one rap girl and a pop solo nominee in ROTY. Personally, I would like a change and not always having Pop winners, but the voters are kinda leaning to pop acts in BNA last 3 years.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

don’t forget doja is in ROTY too despite that one credit …
    it’s definitely quite close between those three but i think megan’s album gives her the edge especially if body is a hit

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    chem_x
    Topics:

in my mind, everyone who votes for folklore will end up voting for Phoebe

she may lose a few of Taylor’s votes to Ingrid, but that’s better than Megan who is vote splitting with 2-4 other acts

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

Megan or Phoebe should win, but time and time again The Grammys have shown that they would rather reward and up and coming pop star / act over much more deserving artists see:

Meghan Trainor over James Bay
    Alessia Cara over SZA
    Dua Lipa over H.E.R.
    Fun. over Frank Ocean

Doja Cat is the most likely choice to benefit from that.

of course, there have been exceptions like Bon Iver and Esperanza Spalding, but this trend has been occurring in more recent years.

I could also see Phoebe pulling off a win through vote splitting between Megan, D Smoke, and Doja, but not too sure. I don’t really know if Doja will attract THAT many rap votes, while she has clear pop support.

Letterboxd: Brayfers

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    snuggle4
    Topics:

Megan and Doja split the vote and Ingrid Andress easily wins. She’s already got Country song and Album in the bag.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

Megan SHOULD win but I see a pop act taking this (as they normally do)

ANYBODY but Doja Cat please. She’s trash and I guarantee in 5 years she won’t be around

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

Megan deserves it but I really don’t see these grammy members voting for her.

The academy members that will vote for Folklore to win AOTY will probably vote for someone like Phoebe or Ingrid. Phoebe will get all the alternative/rock votes and Ingrid will get all the Country votes and she’s the only country act nominated in the GF.

There’s also Doja Cat. She was really smart marketing herself as a pop star instead of a rapper. Just look at all those performances she has been doing everywhere and with all those BNA artist wins everywhere. She could be the token black winner of the GF that it’s also “pop friendly” to the Grammy voters.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

Megan and Doja split the vote and Ingrid Andress easily wins. She’s already got Country song and Album in the bag.

I feel like Miranda is sweeping the Country Field. I live in Mid-Central America and I had never heard of Ingrid Andress until the noms, but Bluebird has been everywhere around here.

Letterboxd: Brayfers

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    folklorevoodoo
    Topics:

BNA noms on the Hot 100 Artists YEC:
    20. Megan Thee Stallion
    22. Doja Cat
    N/A Ingrid Andress
    N/A Noah Cyrus
    N/A Phoebe Bridgers
    N/A D Smoke
    N/A Chika
    N/A Kaytranada

ⓘ 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗲.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    darren
    Topics:

Not that she was winning, but holy shit Noah Cyrus is incredibly dumb. Out here being racist right before voting even starts.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    darren
    Topics:

How do you automatically jump from Megan and Doja to Ingrid? Phoebe Bridgers and Kaytranada also have multiple nominations in their fields, plus the track record for country artists winning BNA is not great.

Not to mention, those country awards are going to Maren Morris and Miranda Lambert.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Bubba is a great album and actually acclaimed, you should also listen to the Kaytranada remix of Don’t Start Now, I would vote for him, but I think Doja Cat or Megan will win this.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    chem_x
    Topics:

Megan or Phoebe should win, but time and time again The Grammys have shown that they would rather reward and up and coming pop star / act over much more deserving artists see:

Meghan Trainor over James Bay
    Alessia Cara over SZA
    Dua Lipa over H.E.R.
    Fun. over Frank Ocean

Doja Cat is the most likely choice to benefit from that.

of course, there have been exceptions like Bon Iver and Esperanza Spalding, but this trend has been occurring in more recent years.

I could also see Phoebe pulling off a win through vote splitting between Megan, D Smoke, and Doja, but not too sure. I don’t really know if Doja will attract THAT many rap votes, while she has clear pop support.

Chika will also steal votes from Megan as well.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 506 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.