Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Best New Artist (Part 1)

2021 Grammy predictions: Best New Artist (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 487 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
replies
views
users
Jellyᴮᴱ
Prada
darren
  • Profile picture
    Jellyᴮᴱ
    Topics:

I used to think Megan was a frontrunner but now I’m thinking it’s Doja.

5/6 of the most recent BNA have been pop acts and Doja doesn’t have any competition with pop acts in this category.

Doja might also in addition to pop will get some R&B votes and maybe some rap votes.

FYC:

Dynamite | BTS - BPDGP

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I really hope Meg edges out Doja.

Meg just feels bigger to me, and she is already two hits ahead of Doja. Doja just irks my soul for some reason.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    darren
    Topics:

5/6 of the most recent BNA have been pop acts and Doja doesn’t have any competition with pop acts in this category.

Noah Cyrus is nominated as well. She’s going to take as many votes from Doja as Chika and D Smoke are going to take from Megan (which is to say, not many).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jellyᴮᴱ
    Topics:

I really hope Meg edges out Doja.

Meg just feels bigger to me, and she is already two hits ahead of Doja. Doja just irks my soul for some reason.

Right now Megan is bigger because of her album, that’s for sure, But, Doja is still relevant and I think actually had a better year commercially than Megan (for the grammy period). Say So is higher on the year end than Savage, and Hot Pink is also higher than SUGA. Megan did have WAP as well but that can actually be a turn-off for some voters given it’s explicit nature.

That being said, both are doing very well right now and have been slaying their live performances. If either win (or Phoebe), I will be very happy.

Also, Doja has more crossover appeal than Megan which will help her get a win.

FYC:

Dynamite | BTS - BPDGP

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jellyᴮᴱ
    Topics:

Noah Cyrus is nominated as well. She’s going to take as many votes from Doja as Chika and D Smoke are going to take from Megan (which is to say, not many).

Which is exactly why I said she has no pop competition in the category lol.

FYC:

Dynamite | BTS - BPDGP

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

I don’t even remember the nominees lmao

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Right now Megan is bigger because of her album, that’s for sure, But, Doja is still relevant and I think actually had a better year commercially than Megan (for the grammy period). Say So is higher on the year end than Savage, and Hot Pink is also higher than SUGA. Megan did have WAP as well but that can actually be a turn-off for some voters given it’s explicit nature.

That being said, both are doing very well right now and have been slaying their live performances. If either win (or Phoebe), I will be very happy.

Also, Doja has more crossover appeal than Megan which will help her get a win.

Megan is also above Doja on Billboard’s Top Artist of the Year.

Regardless of all of those stats, it still feels like Megan is bigger than Doja, who feels like a one-hit wonder right now. Megan has “Hot Girl Summer,” “WAP,” “Savage” and now “Body.” But that has never stopped the Grammys before anyway, so you might have a point. Still hope Megan or anyone else prevails over Doja.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

The two most talented nominees IMO are Doja and Kaytranada. Either one winning will be fine with me.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

POWER. You need to just let Doja have her moment. Lol. You can say she irks you all day long but you can’t deny her talent and her skill set. She is what the Best New Artist Grammy should recognize. All things aside. Megan is very one dimensional. She has ONE flow. All of her music sound the same. The same themes throughout. She’s just not as versatile as let’s say Nicki Minaj. At least Doja is just as good a singer as she is rapper. And when it comes to live performances she blows every other competitor out the water in the lineup.

The Academy needs to just give her her things. Even though all the blacks may cancel each other out and they award it to Phoebe. But to say she’s not worthy because she annoys you… eh.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

But to say she’s not worthy because she annoys you… eh.

She doesn’t deserve it because there are nominated artists with better music than hers. Doja’s currently a one-hit wonder, who is still riding “Say So.” It just so happens she annoys me, so I hope she loses.

Her talent is not as incredible as you make it out to be.
    She’s not that great of a singer. She’s more or less a Nicki Minaj-type singer. Everyone has their preference and she’s not one of mine… at all.

Megan Thee Stallion has had an incredible rookie year + a strong narrative (GD loves those). She should win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

She doesn’t deserve it because there are nominated artists with better music than hers. Doja’s currently a one-hit wonder, who is still riding “Say So.” Plus, she annoys me, so I hope she loses. Plus, her talent is not as incredible as you make it out to be.

She’s not that great of a singer. She’s more or less a Nicki Minaj-type singer. Everyone has their preference and she’s not one of mine… at all.

Megan Thee Stallion has had an incredible rookie year + a strong narrative (GD loves those). She should win.

Nicki Minaj can’t sing .. like at all. To say she’s even on Doja’s level goes to show that you’ve never heard Doja sing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Nicki Minaj can’t sing .. like at all. To say she’s even on Doja’s level goes to show that you’ve never heard Doja sing.

I have, and I have not been impressed by a Doja Cat vocal performance yet. You say this as if Doja can harmonize like Brandy or belt like Whitney Houston. She’s passable at best.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Prada
    Topics:

Get real!  Ingrid Andress or Doja Cat are NOT winning Best New Artist.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Steve johnson
    Topics:

Doja cat is more versatile than any of other artists nominated in BNA. Say So alone proves it.

I really hope Doja wins BNA.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Phoebe and Megan >>>

FYC:

Taylor Swift- AOTY, SOTY, Pop Duo/Group Performance, Pop Vocal Album

Phoebe Bridgers- BNA, Rock Song, Rock Performance, Alternative Album

Dua Lipa- ROTY, Pop Solo Performance

Chloe x Halle- Traditional R&B Performance, R&B Song, Progressive R&B Album

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 487 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.