Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Best New Artist (Part 1)

2021 Grammy predictions: Best New Artist (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 506 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
Xtina
Ghost
darren
  • Profile picture
    Xtina
    Topics:

Get real!  Chika, D Smoke, and Megan Thee Stallion will NOT split.  There is no such thing as vote-splitting.  Stop being delusional.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Megan, D Smoke, and Chika will split. Chika has no genre support, but since she was a committee pick in AOTY, she will definitely receive rap votes as well as R&B.

Ingrid will get almost all of the country votes. Not really sure how Phoebe will fare.

Doja will get majority of the pop votes.

Chika is not nominated in AOTY.

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

By December 2020:

Doja is still ‘the Say So singer’

while..

Megan has built a resume since Savage

Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Doja is my spoiler prediction. Honestly hopes she take this . She’s my favorite out of the nominees with Megan. Don’t be delusional with saying Phoebe can’t win tho.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

I think the strongest here is Megan because she is the only with an album that managed to reach top3 on Billboard and the one that had two big hits in 2020, along with smaller ones relating to her new album.

Doja Cat can also win based on the pop appeal, since she got into pop solo and ROTY. She had a big hit(Say So), a moderate hit(Like That), some flop collabs(Baby I am Jealous), some appearances in other projects(Positions Album).

Phoebe can also win.

All the others stand no chance.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Phoebe Bridgers is getting stronger and stronger. She’s coming for her BNA…!!!!

Profile picture
    esteban
    Topics:

Just saw a Grammy predictor say Phoebe is last in place for BNA…

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Just saw a Grammy predictor say Phoebe is last in place for BNA…

Who?

I have been watching some YouTubers and some of them are like: I don’t know much about this artist, so he can’t win.💀

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

I could see Phoebe taking it on the strength of strong Alternative support this year. She has crossover appeal to some of the “folklore-pop” voters (there are clearly a lot of pop voters who like the more low-key sound judging by Taylor going 3/3).

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

I could see Phoebe taking it on the strength of strong Alternative support this year. She has crossover appeal to some of the “folklore-pop” voters (there are clearly a lot of pop voters who like the more low-key sound judging by Taylor going 3/3).

I had the same thoughts about the noms and the current year.

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

I find it so funny how in some Grammy videos, people think Phoebe is a contender, and in some they have absolutely no clue who she is. I’ve also seen that people have a soft spot for Chika. Anybody here able to give me recommendations?

(Also, have any of you guys voted in the Triple J Hottest 100? Here is the predictions for winners for that so far.)

My stats are updated every day. Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: playful-cheese-320)!

Rock Song - "My Baby Wants a Baby" by St. Vincent
    Rock Performance - "Zitti e Buoni" by Måneskin
    Rock Album - Carnage by Nick Cave & Warren Ellis
    Alternative Album - Blue Weekend by Wolf Alice
    Folk Album - Songs by Adrianne Lenker

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Phoebe has the second most acclaimed album of the year. She will probably have an uphill battle in the rock/alternative fields, but those same voters could go hard for her in BNA.

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

Here for my personal fav, Ingrid Andress.

And Phoebe’s music is obviously not for everyone. Megan is still the strongest one.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Profile picture
    Atleastimtrying
    Topics:

I love Phoebe, her album Punisher is a masterpiece! And the 2nd most acclaimed of the year

It seems that Megan is the front runner, she just released an album that got acclaimed and seems to be the most popular with the GP.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy predictions: Best New Artist (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.