Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Best New Artist (Part 1)

2021 Grammy predictions: Best New Artist (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 506 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Cardi
Ghost
darren
  • Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

I thought this was a slam dunk for Megan but Phoebe has done well with genre support and dominated YE lists. I’m split between them.

Profile picture
    TheFunkyDeltron
    Topics:

Megan splitting votes with three rappers. I still think Phoebe is the frontrunner and she campaigning hard.

I bomb atomically.

Profile picture
    xohours
    Topics:

Megan could still pull off considering the strong year she’s had but with three rappers, she’s more likely than not to split vote than Phoebe, who’s definitely the next strongest contender to win

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

I really hope Doja wins even though Im no longer predicting her. I jumped on the Phoebe bandwagon and I pray to God that I am wrong lol

Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Megan should have a sufficient amount of industry support since she’s had a terrific year . Especially since her debut album is doing critically well and her big songs are doing good commercially (WAP and Savage Remix) . She’s worked with Cardi B , Beyoncé, and Young Thug.

Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

Now that I’ve heard some of Phoebe’s music I can definitely see her pulling an upset. I have Doja as the front-runner though. I think she’s broken away from the rap stigma that often plagues those types of contenders here.

Profile picture
    runninglikewater
    Topics:

Imagine the hysteria when the GF goes 4/4 on white nominees…

I am a HUGE fan of Taylor, Dua and Phoebe, but would love to see a POC among the GF winners, since we have many who would deserve it

Profile picture
    ELIAS🍂
    Topics:

I literally do not see the correlation towards three rappers causing BNA to split for Phoebe Bridgers. The last time a Black BNA won, Chance was against Anderson Paak, someone who has now done well with both the r&b and rap community in the past few years, yet Chance still won. Megan will win off the back of the singles & Phoebe will win off the back of the album she released. I don’t see how this will be split voting. Especially since Doja is competing in pop.

Folklore AOTY

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

The year Chance beat Anderson was the same year Maren & Kelsea split votes. That was the first time 2 country artists were nominated for BNA on the same year. Plus, as two young female country vocalists, the Venn diagram between their respective support is closer to a circle than the one between Chance & Anderson’s.

This time there are 3 new rappers + Doja Cat in BNA. That’s half of the lineup!

KAYTRANADA is the least known act in the lineup, Ingrid is a weaker contender than Mickey, Morgan and MAGAbby (who were all snubbed) and Noah Cyrus is the definition of filler. Phoebe doesn’t have any competition in terms of sound and she was the best Rock/Alt Music pick this year.

I am truly expecting Megan & Phoebe to mimic Nicki & Bon Iver in 2012, except Megan is going to win at least Rap Performance and not go home empty-handed.

FYC:

Record of the Year: Hit Different by SZA ft. Pharrell Williams & co.
    Song of the Year: Good Days by SZA ft. Jacob Collier

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Can I just say that Megan’s also doing really well on the YE lists? WAP ranks at #1 on AOTYs song aggregate and Savage ranks at #2. Her album isn’t doing as well on those lists but there is still enough passion behind Megan that I think she will be able to pull off the win. Plus, without a doubt Good News is bigger than Hot Pink and Punisher and it’s also the most recent.

Carey Mulligan for Best Actress

Profile picture
    darren
    Topics:

I’m not buying a Phoebe Bridgers upset at all. Megan or Doja will win.

Profile picture
    darren
    Topics:

I am truly expecting Megan & Phoebe to mimic Nicki & Bon Iver in 2012, except Megan is going to win at least Rap Performance and not go home empty-handed.

Bon Iver had ROTY and SOTY nominations and was the frontrunner to win Alternative Album (and ultimately won). They also had considerably more hype and commercial success than Phoebe. This comparison is off.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Can I just say that Megan’s also doing really well on the YE lists? WAP ranks at #1 on AOTYs song aggregate and Savage ranks at #2. Her album isn’t doing as well on those lists but there is still enough passion behind Megan that I think she will be able to pull off the win. Plus, without a doubt Good News is bigger than Hot Pink and Punisher and it’s also the most recent.

Good News wouldn’t make many lists anyway, since it was a late November release. Critics tend to favor much older releases on their year-end lists.

Profile picture
    Cardi
    Topics:

Honey, Phoebe Bridgers or Doja Cat are NOT winning here.

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy predictions: Best New Artist (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.