Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 23)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 23)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 571 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
PSALMS🌕
Ghost
  • Profile picture
    Preston!
    Topics:

folklore is not ringing with me but cardigan is a masterpiece and I can hope it wins SOTY.

Profile picture
    gold rush
    Topics:

Damn now Billie Eilish is coming next Thursday

Congratulations Taylor Swift on 6 Grammy Nominations
    Album of the Year: folklore
    Song of the Year: cardigan
    Pop Solo Performance: cardigan
    Pop Duo/Group Performance: exile feat. Bon Iver
    Pop Vocal Album: folklore
    Song Written for Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Matt2019
    Topics:

If they give AOTY to Fiona, ROTY to Abel, SOTY to Taylor and BNA to Megan, I’ll be grateful to the Grammy voters forever.

Yes, it’s possible.

But, this will be my realistic prediction:
    AOTY – folklore
    ROTY – Blinding Lights
    SOTY – cardigan
    BNA – Megan Thee Stallion

Profile picture
    PSALMS🌕
    Topics:

If they give AOTY to Fiona, ROTY to Abel, SOTY to Taylor and BNA to Megan, I’ll be grateful to the Grammy voters forever.

AOTY: best album of the year

ROTY: biggest song of the year

SOTY: righting the wrong of the biggest female songwriter in music

BNA: giving female Black artists a voice

RIP SOPHIE

9/10
    HEAUX TALES EP
    WINDSWEPT ADAN
    STARTING OVER
    FOR THE FIRST TIME
    VISIONS OF BODIES BEING BURNED

Profile picture
    PSALMS🌕
    Topics:

I would love to see Phoebe Bridgers winning BNA if they wanna pull the race card with Doja and Megan and not award them tbh. I feel like it’s something they would go for, she has a beautiful indie voice.

RIP SOPHIE

9/10
    HEAUX TALES EP
    WINDSWEPT ADAN
    STARTING OVER
    FOR THE FIRST TIME

Profile picture
    Steve johnson
    Topics:

Sputnik gives folklore 63 critic score. Now metacritic score can go down very hard. They have issue with album length.

Profile picture
    NASA
    Topics:

Bold claim — After Hours is straight up not winning AOTY. You all obsess over “narratives” when making AOTY predictions…. in what world does he have a strong narrative to win? I understand the album is doing good commercially and fine critically but it just does not seem like an AOTY winner. When the biggest album of the year wins, it’s usually because it was an inescapable cultural phenomenon: Billie last year, 1989, even Bruno to a lesser extent. Aside from “Blinding Lights” — which has a strong case for ROTY — is The Weeknd really RUNNING this year? Especially with so much high quality music coming out constantly? I’m not buying him as the untouchable frontrunner in the way some of you are.

Ok, user ‘reputationsgrammy

Profile picture
    PSALMS🌕
    Topics:

Just a reminder that no one says The Weeknd is the undeniable winner of AOTY. Just FYI.

RIP SOPHIE

9/10
    HEAUX TALES EP
    WINDSWEPT ADAN
    STARTING OVER
    FOR THE FIRST TIME

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

Sputnik gives folklore 63 critic score. Now metacritic score can go down very hard. They have issue with album length.

This is why you shouldn’t be giving much weight to MC scores and hyping them up after day one. She ended up with a 94 after day one, like Dua. And she will probably end up in the 87-89 range, like many predicted. Those first day reviewers were clamoring to get their articles out and clicked on and excited to praise a cute, “mature” but rather basic album from one of the world’s biggest stars. It was a surprise release. So, I doubt any of them have been with the album for more than a couple of days. And then watch T Swift barely end up in most publication’s best-of lists.

I get you Swifties are hype for Taylor’s “mature” album. But take a few days to actually enjoy the album and give things at least a couple of weeks before you start popping off on forums. Um, anyways,

Profile picture
    MrOceanBlueEyes
    Topics:

Omg what a shame, I for sure knew she was gonna have every critic behind her.

It’s dropping to 92

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

People talking like exile can be a radio hit must be tripping. I think it has been nearly a decade since a drum-less song hit #1 with Someone Like You. Drumless songs do not become hits unless the songwriting is so undeniably good that it doesn’t need a beat. exile is cute but it’s not Someone Like You.

When Folklore first dropped I was proud of Taylor for her cute more mature album, but now the level of hysteria is getting ridiculous. Has the world and every critic collectively gone deaf and can’t hear that Taylor is basic? People are acting like she is on the same level as Adele, Lana Del Rey, Fiona Apple, etc. WTF. I really need Pitchfork to come through and poke a needle in that baloon of a Metacritic score with the rumored 5 point something review like The Guardian did to Lana and Twigs.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Folklore debuts with 79M+ streams on Spotify, the biggest since Drake’s Scorpion and the biggest for female artists.

For you consideration :

Album of the year : folklore
    Record of the year : Don't Start Now
    Song of the year : cardigan
    Best new artist : Phoebe Bridgers

Best pop vocal album : folklore
    Best rap album : Alfredo
    Best alternative music album : Fetch the Bolt Cutters
    Best progressive R&B album : Ungodly Hour

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

It’s interesting that the Spotify chart top 16 songs are Folklore in almost exactly the same order as the tracklisting (ie. track 1 is the #1 song, track 16 is the number #16 song).

I know that songs at the top of an album are streamed more because some people don’t make it all the way through an album, but I have never seen the track order of an album be so preserved before on the Spotify chart. Usually the weaker early album tracks will debut lower than the stronger late album tracks.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 571 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 23)’ is closed to new replies.