Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 23)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 23)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 571 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
BYEDON2020
Ghost
  • Profile picture
    Fountain tears
    Topics:

lollll. You always make my day. = BARF

This forum is a Tower of Babel of fanboys and girls, who cannot get their  head out of  their favourite artist ass and give an objective view why somebody will/should win….

Hope...

Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

This forum is a Tower of Babel of fanboys and girls, who cannot get their head out of their favourite artist ass and give an objective view why somebody will/should win….

Chill you guys. there are many users who are excellent in providing the appropriate reasons of who will/should win. boz, elias, monsoon, lil tony, wanda,blackwidow etc. All of them have always shared their honest opinions. So stop bitching…

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

Cardigan:

First day of album release: 3.9M on Spotify
    Second day: 2.4M

7 Rings:

First day of album release: 3.8M
    Second day: 3.3M

It’s already looking like Folklore will be frontloaded. The album overall had a drop of 36% compared to TUN’s 19%. So yes you need to be patient before declaring it a lock and a frontrunner in AOTY.

Profile picture
    fortunesfool
    Topics:

Cardigan: First day of album release: 3.9M on Spotify Second day: 2.4M 7 Rings: First day of album release: 3.8M Second day: 3.3M It’s already looking like Folklore will be frontloaded. So yes you need to be patient before declaring it a lock and a frontrunner in AOTY.

She’s not getting in as the commercially successful era of radio singles like Ariana, Bieber and others. She would be getting in based off acclaim and narrative. As for frontrunner, it’s too soon to say but it’s a weak year.

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

She’s not getting in as the commercially successful era of radio singles like Ariana, Bieber and others. She would be getting in based off acclaim and narrative. As for frontrunner, it’s too soon to say but it’s a weak year.

Critical acclaim alone isn’t enough for someone who won AOTY twice recently to be allowed in once again. She’ll need an era more undeniable than the ones that won AOTY. So Folklore really needs to maintain longevity and commercial success until the vote takes place.

Profile picture
    DiaZ
    Topics:

Cardigan:

First day of album release: 3.9M on Spotify
    Second day: 2.4M

7 Rings:

First day of album release: 3.8M
    Second day: 3.3M

It’s already looking like Folklore will be frontloaded. The album overall had a drop of 36% compared to TUN’s 19%. So yes you need to be patient before declaring it a lock and a frontrunner in AOTY.

the nerve to compare these two songs as if TUN and folklore are the same type of albums. folklore is on lock for AOTY but for very different reasons than TUN was last year.

Profile picture
    fortunesfool
    Topics:

Critical acclaim alone isn’t enough for someone who won AOTY twice recently to be allowed in once again. She’ll need an era more undeniable than the ones that won AOTY. So Folklore really needs to maintain longevity and commercial success until the vote takes place.

Well that’s why I mentioned both critical acclaim and narrative. She’ll need longevity to win, not to get in imo.

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

the nerve to compare these two songs as if TUN and folklore are the same type of albums. folklore is on lock for AOTY but for very different reasons than TUN was last year.

TUN achieved critical acclaim and undeniable commercial success. So Folklore will also need both to be considered a lock. Like any other album, it could be nominated if the committee wants it to. But a lock? I’m not convinced until I see signs of undeniable commercial success. So far it’s looking like it’ll be frontloaded.

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

Well that’s why I mentioned both critical acclaim and narrative. She’ll need longevity to win, not to get in imo.

What “narrative” though? The narrative is against her. She is a recent two time AOTY winner.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

4 albums, that’s half of the nominees, were not big sellers nor contained hit songs last year.

folklore, Fetch the Bolt Cutters, Britanny Howard & hell, even Phoebe Bridgers can fill up those spaces.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

To be fair, the playlisting for folklore has been abysmal. I’m not shocked to see it fall that fast. Hopefully she can stabilize a little bit after the Sunday update.

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

Profile picture
    fortunesfool
    Topics:

What “narrative” though? If anything the narrative is against her. She is a recent two time AOTY winner.

The narrative of basically ditching her pop formula and creating her Tapestry with 2 producers and 3 other songwriters while in quarantine. No controversy/marital stories, no movie, no trendy producers submitting her hits or trendy rap features, no relationship drama. Just her and and some instruments.

The previous wins do hurt, but it only affects albums like Lover and Reputation that did “good” in many metrics but not great/undeniable. If her albums keep getting better and she outdoes herself then why shouldn’t she be rewarded for it? This is not like Adele winning for a weaker version of her previous.

The only way she was ever gonna be allowed to compete again in AOTY was if she had a new narrative. She has that.

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

4 albums, that’s half of the nominees, were not big sellers nor contained hit songs last year.

folklore, Fetch the Bolt Cutters, Britanny Howard & hell, even Phoebe Bridgers can fill up those spaces.

I mean if Folklore was released by a different artist, it would be a shoo-in for AOTY. But the issue is the standards are going to be much higher for her because she’s a two time winner.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Hummm, I don’t agree.

If folklore would be by any other artist it would be a promising debut and it would be relegated to Alternative Album if anything.

As it is, it’s a new, successful release, completely recorded in quarantine, with the best songwriting yet (and stellar reviews) from a pop star.

Profile picture
    Final2
    Topics:

…..I just want Taylor to win Song of the Year. Everyone’s arguing for Album of the Year but Taylor has almost set the records for most nominations for Record and Song of the Year nominations. I would bet she would want to win that award more. She’s definitely owed Record and Song of the year. This would be an excellent album to win both with a weird indie song.

Song of the year most nominations is 6, Taylor has 4 (most for a woman).
    You belong with me
    Shake it off
    Blank space
    Lover (solo)

Record of the year most nominations is 7, Taylor has 4 (tied for most solo nominations for a female).
    You belong with me
    We are never ever getting back together
    Shake it off
    Blank Space

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 571 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 23)’ is closed to new replies.