Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 24)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 24)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 552 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
grandeswiftkn..
ELIAS ⚡️
JustGuy
  • Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

I think Abel winning AOTY would eliminate the stigma of Black men and women stigma of not being Abel to win AOTY. I mean I feel like hard time Grammy voters would be hesitant, but again we would be open to the idea of Black person winning AOTY and so if Kendrick or Beyoncé or Lizzo or Roddy Ricch or whoever the fuck releases a critically acclaimed and commercially viable album, they would be actually taken seriously. I don’t think if This is America didn’t win, many of us wouldn’t have Blinding Lights as the main frontrunner for ROTY or SOTY.

Yess, abel winning AOTY would be cool but then i don’t think recording academy will give ROTY, SOTY and AOTY all to abel. In that case dua will take SOTY.

Profile picture
    ELIAS ⚡️
    Topics:

The GRAMMYs don’t give a damn about Black women’s pain or art. LOL! Because if they did Beyoncé, Lizzo, Janelle Monae, etc. would’ve won in the GF over their White Female counterparts. Hence why many are predicting Fiona, Taylor, Dua, etc. over Brittany Howard, Chloe x Halle, & Summer Walker. If 2 of the biggest Female rappers of the past decade, Nicki & Iggy, couldn’t win BNA with multiple songs in contention, features, hits, and entire albums…then how is Megan winning with 1 single and an EP that is essentially forgotten besides “Savage”?

Nicki and Iggy weren’t shot lol. Same with the other people. Times have also changed with rap being one of the biggest albums and songs of the year. There is literally no one that compares to a white BNA nominee lol. Doja and Megan are the biggest of the year. So one of them is winning.

Albums of the Year:

After Hours~The Weeknd
    Fetch the Bolt Cutters~Fiona Apple
    RTJ4~Run the Jewels
    What’s Your Pleasure~Jessie Ware
    The Slow Rush~Tame Impala
    Circles~Mac Miller
    folklore~Taylor Swift
    How I Am Feeling Now~Charli XCX
    SAWAYAMA~Rina Sawayama
    The GOAT-Polo G
    Women in Music Volume Part III-HAIM
    Lianne La Havas~Lianne La Havas
    YHLQMDLG~Bad Bunny
    Punisher~Phoebe Bridgers
    The Strokes~The New Abnormal
    græ~Moses Sumney
    2017-2019~A.A.L.
    Ungodly Hour~Chloe x Halle
    ALIAS~Shygirl

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

the way Bieber may get totally snubbed. nobody stopped him from releasing the worst song of all time, Yummy

Profile picture
    ELIAS ⚡️
    Topics:

Yess, abel winning AOTY would be cool but then i don’t think recording academy will give ROTY, SOTY and AOTY all to abel. In that case dua will take SOTY.

I see it more ROTY and AOTY to Abel and SOTY to Taylor or ROTY and SOTY to Abel and AOTY to Taylor

Albums of the Year:

After Hours~The Weeknd
    RTJ4~Run the Jewels
    Circles~Mac Miller
    folklore~Taylor Swift
    SAWAYAMA~Rina Sawayama
    The GOAT-Polo G
    YHLQMDLG~Bad Bunny
    Punisher~Phoebe Bridgers
    græ~Moses Sumney
    2017-2019~A.A.L.
    ALIAS~Shygirl

Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

He had a legitimate narrative that centered on his craft, hard work, and succcess…not his personal life.

Yeah.

Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

I hope blue ribbon’s girlfriend H. E. R not get nominated this time again. Otherwise she can win this time.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

no particular order
    Best New Artist
    1. Megan Thee Stallion
    2. Doja Cat
    3. Ingrid Andress
    4. Summer Walker
    5. Phoebe Bridgers
    6. Morgan Wallen
    7. Jack Harlow
    8. Kaytranada

Profile picture
    ELIAS ⚡️
    Topics:

Well, the GRAMMYs sure didn’t think Chance’s album was a mixtape. Which is why they changed the rules in order for him to win after making Billboard history. He had a legitimate narrative that centered on his craft, hard work, and succcess…not his personal life.

sis literally Billie and Kacey literally used a narrative to win AOTY, and Chance also had a narrative as well. So I mean.

Albums of the Year:

After Hours~The Weeknd
    RTJ4~Run the Jewels
    Circles~Mac Miller
    folklore~Taylor Swift
    SAWAYAMA~Rina Sawayama
    The GOAT-Polo G
    YHLQMDLG~Bad Bunny
    Punisher~Phoebe Bridgers
    græ~Moses Sumney
    2017-2019~A.A.L.
    ALIAS~Shygirl

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    MG
    Topics:

I don’t know if Abel winning AOTY would erase the stigma. Even when Herbie Hancock won for Rivers, A lot of people were not pleased with that. Many saying that Kanye should’ve won that year. The Rap/ Hip Hop community have been ignored from winning in the AOTY for decades now.

Profile picture
    Just for fun
    Topics:

the way Bieber may get totally snubbed. nobody stopped him from releasing the worst song of all time, Yummy

Scooter should be fired for that decision alone.

Profile picture
    FeerD
    Topics:

if you actually paid attention to the album and you listened to her lyrics you would actually understand why she called it folklore. It’s because She is is talking about a story through the songs. That’s what a Folklore is it’s a damn stories passed on through generations. When did she or her team even say this wasn’t a pop album? And when did she say she was changing up and submitting to folk? She presented the record as her 8th studio effort. But then again you’re a damn troll and you sound so damn pressed. Nice first post by the way.

Yeah I’m a damn troll and pressed just because I stated my opinion. Hey, not everybody likes this album. I considered to be the most boring album Taylor has ever published, her laziest effort. Also, the explanation for the name is a huge reach. I think it’s a trick to make voters take her more seriously and snatch some grammys, because she’s entitled to all the awards after each effort she puts out, right? But, it’s only my opinion.

Profile picture
    thefunkydeltron
    Topics:

I see it more ROTY and AOTY to Abel and SOTY to Taylor or ROTY and SOTY to Abel and AOTY to Taylor

I think ROTY and SOTY to Weeknd and AOTY to someone else because Blinding Lights is a Grammy-baity song with 80’s inspired much alike Bruno Mars songs and Daft Punk’s Get Lucky. AOTY can go to Fiona, Taylor or even RTJ since their album is timely perfect.

Profile picture
    ELIAS ⚡️
    Topics:

I don’t know if Abel winning AOTY would erase the stigma. Even when Herbie Hancock won for Rivers, A lot of people were not pleased with that. Many saying that Kanye should’ve won that year. The Rap/ Hip Hop community have been ignored from winning in the the GF for decades now.

Childish Gambino broke the stigma that ROTY and SOTY would never go to a black artist. That’s why many people predicted Lil Nas and Lizzo to win ROTY and SOTY last year and Abel to win both this year. Herbie Hancock was an embarrassment tbh as a black artist to win. Black boys and girls know Kanye West then Herbie Hancock. If Kanye West was the last person to win, we wouldn’t have this conversation.

A Black artist is bound to win AOTY, we just don’t know when. This time is now when we need it the most. As well as a female Black BNA winner.

Albums of the Year:

After Hours~The Weeknd
    RTJ4~Run the Jewels
    Circles~Mac Miller
    folklore~Taylor Swift
    SAWAYAMA~Rina Sawayama
    The GOAT-Polo G
    YHLQMDLG~Bad Bunny
    Punisher~Phoebe Bridgers
    græ~Moses Sumney
    2017-2019~A.A.L.
    ALIAS~Shygirl

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 552 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 24)’ is closed to new replies.