Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 24)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 24)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 552 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
grandeswiftkn..
BYEDON2020
betty
  • Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

Mc has to count other 3 above 90 reviews. 90 will be her lowest score. If anything Pitchfork will even the NYT review. A good bunch of critics gave her 80. Only would drop to 88 or so if pitchfork had gave her a 7.

Not every review counts towards MC.

Profile picture
    Shivam
    Topics:

Not every review counts towards MC.

The ones mentioned do but they weigh reviewers differently so an 8 from pitchfork would affect the score more than an 8 from, say, sputnik music or something.

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Pitchfork’s writers prove once again they are the most reliable critics on music.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You
    https://letterboxd.com/cherry123/

Profile picture
    Just for fun
    Topics:

Pitchfork is my favorite when it comes to musical criticism.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

folklore will end up with high 80s or low 90s Metascore when all is said and done, very impressive for a mainstream artist tho. Now, we are looking for its commercial success, if it serves longevity then, all boxes are checked for AOTY contender. Main problem here is blue-ribbon committees

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Sufjan Steven - The Ascension
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Holly Humberstone - Falling Asleep At The Wheel
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    Matt2019
    Topics:

folklore will end up with high 80s or low 90s Metascore when all is said and done, very impressive for a mainstream artist tho. Now, we are looking for its commercial success, if it serves longevity then, all boxes are checked for AOTY contender. Main problem here is blue-ribbon committees

Now, we are waiting for reviews from Anthony Fantano, Spin, and the rest of the music critic reviews.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

who cares about fantano? You’re wildin’

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Main problem here is blue-ribbon committees

I don’t think they’re going to “block” her after doing the same for Lover. She’s in like Inez.

Profile picture
    BYEDON2020
    Topics:

Pitchfork’s writers prove once again they are the most reliable critics on music.

why because they didn’t give it a better score lol? Their main nit pick was if wasn’t innovative in the genre of indie pop or singer-songwriter, but it has good songwriting. That what’s the issue about this record. I’m glad you understood lol

If you are in the US, vote! It’s important if live in the following swing states: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Ohio, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan.

Profile picture
    betty
    Topics:

Lmao at the music critic algebra being tossed around. Y’all are doing the damn most, as always! The album is universally acclaimed and it has gotten her the best reviews of her career. She has done what she has needed to do as far as acclaim. Commercial success is a done deal, like any Taylor album. Tay is a shoe in for AOTY. Whether Swift wins is a different discussion. It’s time to stop discrediting her, folklore is fantastic and it won’t be blocked. The BRP lives for this type of record.

FYC: Taylor Swift
    AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: exile feat. Bon Iver
    SOTY: cardigan
    Pop Solo: cardigan
    PD/G: exile feat. Bon Iver
    PVA: folklore
    Country Solo: betty
    Country Song: betty
    American Roots Performance: seven
    American Roots Song: seven
    Rock Performance: august
    Rock Song: august
    Traditional R&B: False God
    R&B Song: False God
    Song Visual Media: Only The Young
    Song Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts
    Music Film: Miss Americana
    Music Video: The Man

Profile picture
    BYEDON2020
    Topics:

The decided not to add the New York Times review but will add the Pitchfork review…okay

If you are in the US, vote! It’s important if live in the following swing states: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Ohio, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan.

Profile picture
    Just for fun
    Topics:

why because they didn’t give it a better score lol? Their main nit pick was if wasn’t innovative in the genre of indie pop or singer-songwriter, but it has good songwriting. That what’s the issue about this record. I’m glad you understood lol

No, because they gave the right score, an amazing critique (as usual), and were unbiased and reliable with their interpretations (as they always are). An 8 is really really good and it is a great record. Anything 7+ on Pitchfork is great. I loved how they thoroughly analyzed its Americana roots / auto-fiction tales and how folklore has multiple meanings, whether it’s the “gossip of town” or the concrete details and imagery Taylor uses in her songwriting. But also the “criticism” that it is a mainstream attempt at indie pop rather than a more investigative or inquisitive work is fair, and especially that she borrows musically on the people she worked with on the project. This was an album that reminded me of Melodrama and Vanessa Calrton’s works. It truly is great, and I do believe it will be a nominee in AOTY as well as Pop or Americana Album, depending on where it goes.

Profile picture
    BYEDON2020
    Topics:

No because they gave the right score, and were on point with their interpretations. An 8 is really really good and it is a great record regardless. Anything 7+ on Pitchfork is great.

i agree with the assessment. its great for a Taylor indie record, it’s not genre pushing as Norman Fucking Rockwell or Titanic Rising in the indie pop sphere, it’s still a great record

Profile picture
    Just for fun
    Topics:

i agree with the assessment. its great for a Taylor indie record, it’s not genre pushing as Norman Fucking Rockwell or Titanic Rising in the indie pop sphere, it’s still a great record

Exactly, it is a strong conceptually driven album, and Taylor went more subliminal, abstract and poetic than she has before, along with enhancing her detailed songwriting and imagery. I can’t imagine the music being different than she presented it, but one of the few criticisms would be that she did not progress indie music or a “sound”, she kind of only samples its quintessential form. Another criticism is that it can dull out and some think it is a tad bit boring/long.

Still, this is by far her best work, and I hope she maintains this level of artistic integrity moving forward. I see her getting into AOTY easily.

Profile picture
    BYEDON2020
    Topics:

Exactly, it is a strong conceptually driven album, and Taylor went more subliminal, abstract and poetic than she has before, along with enhancing her detailed songwriting and imagery. I can’t imagine the music being different than she presented it, but one of the few criticisms would be that she did not progress indie music or a “sound”, she kind of only samples its quintessential form. Another criticism is that it can dull out and some think it is a tad bit boring/long. Still, this is by far her best work, and I hope she maintains this level of artistic integrity moving forward. I see her getting into AOTY easily.

imagine if she does this amount of songwriting on pop songs… with Jack Antonoff and a executively produced by a famous artist like Finneas, that would be everything

I hope she can reinvent her pop sound

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 552 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 24)’ is closed to new replies.