Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 24)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 24)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 552 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
grandeswiftkn..
BYEDON2020
betty
  • Profile picture
    Alexandra
    Topics:

They need a shorter radio version for Exile. It gets repetitive. If they shorten it down to 3 minutes it could become radio friendly.

Maybe a radio remix?

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Taylor Swift is obviously getting into AOTY. She released the album just before the Grammy deadline. This album will stay in the top 10 until the noms are finalised, regardless of hits. She knows what she is doing. 89 is huge on Metacritic for a commercial artist.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 8 weeks #1 on BB200

Highly acclaimed by all critics with 88/100 metascore

Profile picture
    Just for fun
    Topics:

Taylor Swift is obviously getting into AOTY. She released the album just before the Grammy deadline. This album will stay in the top 10 until the noms are finalised, regardless of hits. She knows what she is doing. 89 is huge on Metacritic for a commercial artist.

she doesn’t need a hit to secure AOTY nom. She won’t be getting one anyway cause none of the songs are what can blow up on radio.

Profile picture
    Just for fun
    Topics:

Taylor should promote individual tracks like Exile more, but not for a radio hit.

Profile picture
    Alexandra
    Topics:

she doesn’t need a hit to secure AOTY nom. She won’t be getting one anyway cause none of the songs are what can blow up on radio.

hmm I disagree because Fiona will likely get into AOTY. Whats your reasoning there? If Taylor misses it will be because she has already won twice. They don’t want to hand her a 3rd win in a year like this.

Profile picture
    BYEDON2020
    Topics:

I could see a music video for exile that would raise its chances for the GP.

If you are in the US, vote! It’s important if live in the following swing states: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Ohio, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan.

Profile picture
    Rickety-old-Thot
    Topics:

Nothing is by accident when it comes to these big and ultra rich artists. Swift knew what she was doing with the aesthetic switch-up and with the time of its release. She was aiming for “surprise album” hype, critical acclaim and Grammys. It’s very reminiscent of what Beyonce did with Lemonade. If Forklore underperforms when it comes to nominations it’ll mostly be because she has two AOTY Grammys and because some voters resent the calculation.

best albums of 2020: Fetch The Bolt Cutters, Set My Heart On Fire Immediately, What’s Your Pleasure, Run The Jewels 4, St Cloud, Grae, The Descendants of Cain

Profile picture
    ScottyDog
    Topics:

Billie’s song sounds a lot like her other slow tracks, maybe it has a hook when we hear the whole thing, but the 20s snippet is kind of boring.

Profile picture
    na digga
    Topics:

This will be an interesting year for the Grammys considering a lot has changed in the world since last year with the coronavirus, blm, and the grammy scandal last year. With that said AOTY will go to Taylor Swift or the Weekend. Taylor hasn’t released anything significant since 1989 and she was supposed to perform at last year’s show but pulled out because of their scandal which doesn’t help her chances but if she gets nominated she’ll win, she just has a lot of support from too many demographics pop,country, folk and the older voters who won’t vote for hip hop/R&b acts. But I have a feeling they’ll pull an Ed and snub her from album to help the weeknds chances. Who arguably has the best chance of winning

Profile picture
    Adele
    Topics:

Honey, that’s what annoys me about Taylor Swift.  She drops albums just to win Grammys, specifically AOTY.  When Folklore fails to get nominated for AOTY, she’ll release another album at the end of the 2021 cycle.  BARF!

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Swift is calculated, but Grammys wont deny an AOTY nom to her, thats a given based on the grammy year releases that took places, it is obvious it stands out in critical and commercial way.  It is like denying Lemonade an AOTY nom.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 8 weeks #1 on BB200

Highly acclaimed by all critics with 88/100 metascore

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

Swift is calculated, but Grammys wont deny an AOTY nom to her, thats a given based on the grammy year releases that took places, it is obvious it stands out in critical and commercial way. It is like denying Lemonade an AOTY nom.

This is why people can’t stand swifties. You guys really say the worst shit ever.

Profile picture
    Rickety-old-Thot
    Topics:

Swift is calculated, but Grammys wont deny an AOTY nom to her, thats a given based on the grammy year releases that took places, it is obvious it stands out in critical and commercial way. It is like denying Lemonade an AOTY nom.

I don’t think it’s as undeniable as Lemonade. That was a genuine pop culture moment that had longstanding rippling affects (not here to compare sales), and Beyonce didn’t have two AOTY Grammys already. But I do see a similar type of calculation with both projects. And I think they’ll reap similar results awards wise.

best albums of 2020: Fetch The Bolt Cutters, Set My Heart On Fire Immediately, What’s Your Pleasure, Run The Jewels 4, St Cloud, Grae, The Descendants of Cain

Profile picture
    Karen
    Topics:

Y’all just gonna talk about Taylor Swift until the Grammys or what?

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

I’m lighting all the candelas to all the saints I don’t believe in so Billie’s track is a dud and bombs so she doesn’t get anywhere the GF this year.

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 552 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 24)’ is closed to new replies.