Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 24)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 24)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 552 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
grandeswiftkn..
BYEDON2020
betty
  • Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Y’all just gonna talk about Taylor Swift until the Grammys or what?

oh, honey what kind of question is that

Profile picture
    fortunesfool
    Topics:

This is why people can’t stand swifties. You guys really say the worst shit ever.

There is nothing wrong with what he said though (assuming he even is a Swiftie). They are both critical peaks but Folklore is praised and hyped more for the actual quality of music whereas a big part of Lemonade was the visuals and marital affair/controversy. If anything ,voters would prefer the former over the latter.

Profile picture
    betty
    Topics:

I don’t think it’s as undeniable as Lemonade. That was a genuine pop culture moment that had longstanding rippling affects (not here to compare sales), and Beyonce didn’t have two AOTY Grammys already. But I do see a similar type of calculation with both projects. And I think they’ll reap similar results awards wise.

you can’t compare these two women. Both of their albums are the highlights of their careers. Yes Taylor’s has only been out for a week but the reception critical/commercial/public has been undeniably positive and people are digging it. Tbh the only negativity I’ve seen is from posters on here. But GD hates females. There’s been literally negative backlash towards: Dua, Gaga, Fiona etc. This place is so damn toxic and negative.

FYC: Taylor Swift
    AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: exile feat. Bon Iver
    SOTY: cardigan
    Pop Solo: cardigan
    PD/G: exile feat. Bon Iver
    PVA: folklore
    Country Solo: betty
    Country Song: betty
    American Roots Performance: seven
    American Roots Song: seven
    Rock Performance: august
    Rock Song: august
    Traditional R&B: False God
    R&B Song: False God
    Song Visual Media: Only The Young
    Song Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts
    Music Film: Miss Americana
    Music Video: The Man

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

I had Fiona initially for AOTY, but she’s not doing anything to campaign. I think they’ll give it to the Weeknd. He’s respected by the Academy and there isn’t really anything controversial about giving him AOTY.

FYC
    AOTY: After Hours, Fetch The Boltcutters, Folklore, Future Nostalgia, K Bye For Now, Magdalene, Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial, Punisher

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

But The Weeknd’s album is a dud, a thud and dud. So yeah it’ll probably win.

Profile picture
    betty
    Topics:

I had Fiona initially for AOTY, but she’s not doing anything to campaign.

What can she possibly do to campaign? We are in the middle of a global pandemic with even more cases rising. It’s like all the little monsters coming for Gaga for not doing anything else for Chromatica. There are no shows to go on, there are no concerts to perform, there is no sports events. What else as an artist can you do other than send a zoom call performance?

FYC: Taylor Swift
    AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: exile feat. Bon Iver
    SOTY: cardigan
    Pop Solo: cardigan
    PD/G: exile feat. Bon Iver
    PVA: folklore
    Country Solo: betty
    Country Song: betty
    American Roots Performance: seven
    American Roots Song: seven
    Rock Performance: august
    Rock Song: august
    Traditional R&B: False God
    R&B Song: False God
    Song Visual Media: Only The Young
    Song Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts
    Music Film: Miss Americana
    Music Video: The Man

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

I had Fiona initially for AOTY, but she’s not doing anything to campaign.

And unless she gives in to the considerable pressure her label must have her under to AT LEAST perform at some late night show, it’ll stay that way 🙁

Profile picture
    Rickety-old-Thot
    Topics:

you can’t compare these two women. Both of their albums are the highlights of their careers. Yes Taylor’s has only been out for a week but the reception critical/commercial/public has been undeniably positive and people are digging it. Tbh the only negativity I’ve seen is from posters on here. But GD hates females. There’s been literally negative backlash towards: Dua, Gaga, Fiona etc. This place is so damn toxic and negative.

Don’t act like you’ve been above the pettiness and shade throwing. But also, your post doesn’t have much to do with what I said. I think Lemonade and Forklore are both good albums. (Though there’s a couple of Beyonce albums I prefer over Lemonade. Just as there are a couple of Swift albums I prefer over Forklore). While independent of how you feel towards the albums’ quality, Beyoncé and Swift are huge stars, and there was some calculation to garner acclaim, buzz and awards based off the way the albums were released, the aesthetics of the albums and building a weighty narrative around the albums. In those regards, they’re comparable.

best albums of 2020: Fetch The Bolt Cutters, Set My Heart On Fire Immediately, What’s Your Pleasure, Run The Jewels 4, St Cloud, Grae, The Descendants of Cain

Profile picture
    Adele
    Topics:

Honey, bullshit!  Artists are doing virtual performances on talk shows.  Fiona Apple could do that from her home.

Profile picture
    Rickety-old-Thot
    Topics:

What can she possibly do to campaign? We are in the middle of a global pandemic with even more cases rising. It’s like all the little monsters coming for Gaga for not doing anything else for Chromatica. There are no shows to go on, there are no concerts to perform, there is no sports events. What else as an artist can you do other than send a zoom call performance?

She has no social media. So, that in general means that the public can’t keep an eye on her. And most of these celebs have gotten extra personal and social media obsessed in these quarantine times. But yes, she could have done some zoom performances when the album was released and definitely could have released some type of music video by this point. I also feel like there may be some discourse between Fiona and her label since they wanted to release that album much later than April. She could still do some form of promotion/“campaigning” by the year’s end but I doubt it. I actually feel like the lack of pandering and promo may assist Fiona in the long run or rather, it may not hurt her as much as some assume.

best albums of 2020: Fetch The Bolt Cutters, Set My Heart On Fire Immediately, What’s Your Pleasure, Run The Jewels 4, St Cloud, Grae, The Descendants of Cain

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Harry Styles was heavily discussed for AOTY last time he released an album, but this time he has also longevity with two big hits AY and WS, both amazing Grammy bait tracks.  He seems a lock in GF  SOTY/ROTY/AOTY.

You should not underestimate him.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 8 weeks #1 on BB200

Highly acclaimed by all critics with 88/100 metascore

Profile picture
    Just for fun
    Topics:

There is nothing wrong with what he said though (assuming he even is a Swiftie). They are both critical peaks but Folklore is praised and hyped more for the actual quality of music whereas a big part of Lemonade was the visuals and marital affair/controversy. If anything ,voters would prefer the former over the latter.

No Lemonade was praised not only for the drama with her husband, but her representation of black women and representing African American culture in her visuals and songs. Her songs are just as strong as Folklore in terms of quality, and she deserved AOTY due to a more interesting and important narrative tbh relative to Folklore. She also had a strong message of making lemonade out of something bitter and told a captivating story through the album tracks. Not to mention the stunning sociopolitical poetry she had throughout the album. Unfortunately the Grammys was not ready to reward black artists for their art and they snubbed her.

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

July 29, 2020 at 1:33 pm#1203613192 Harry Styles was heavily discussed for AOTY last time he released an album, but this time he has also longevity with two big hits AY and WS, both amazing Grammy bait tracks.  He seems a lock in GF  SOTY/ROTY/AOTY. You should not underestimate him.

Sorry, Harry is not winning AOTY. There’s a chance he’ll get a filler nomination but no. I also don’t really see what track of his is getting into SOTY?

FYC
    AOTY: After Hours, Fetch The Boltcutters, Folklore, Future Nostalgia, K Bye For Now, Magdalene, Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial, Punisher

Profile picture
    Just for fun
    Topics:

Sorry, Harry is not winning AOTY. There’s a chance he’ll get a filler nomination but no. I also don’t really see what track of his is getting into SOTY?

Adore You. I don’t see Watermelon Sugar getting in anywhere. However we could see surprises and I wouldn’t say any song by him is on lock yet

Profile picture
    Strawberries
    Topics:

Cardigan won’t debut at #1

It think it will. The sales from her stores will set her over the edge

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 552 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 24)’ is closed to new replies.