Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 24)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 24)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 552 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
grandeswiftkn..
ELIAS ⚡️
JustGuy
  • Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Even when they add the NYT review (which they will), it won’t be the 33/100 someone here suggested. It will be more like 65/70.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

The decided not to add the New York Times review but will add the Pitchfork review…okay

I think it is because pitchfork gave a straightforward grade, and the NYT’s still up for debate.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

Even when they add the NYT review (which they will), it won’t be the 33/100 someone here suggested. It will be more like 65/70.

It’s definitely not a 30. It’s a 50-65.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

It’s definitely not a 30. It’s a 50-65.

yeah, I don’t know why I believed that user that reported a 33/100.

Profile picture
    ELIAS ⚡️
    Topics:

Score don’t matter with the accessment, whether it’s a 30-50, it’s still bad score for Taylor, which should have take down. To be green, you need to be 60+

Albums of the Year:

After Hours~The Weeknd
    Fetch the Bolt Cutters~Fiona Apple
    RTJ4~Run the Jewels
    What’s Your Pleasure~Jessie Ware
    The Slow Rush~Tame Impala
    Circles~Mac Miller
    folklore~Taylor Swift
    How I Am Feeling Now~Charli XCX
    SAWAYAMA~Rina Sawayama
    The GOAT-Polo G
    Women in Music Volume Part III-HAIM
    Lianne La Havas~Lianne La Havas
    YHLQMDLG~Bad Bunny
    Punisher~Phoebe Bridgers
    The Strokes~The New Abnormal
    græ~Moses Sumney
    2017-2019~A.A.L.
    Ungodly Hour~Chloe x Halle
    ALIAS~Shygirl

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

Pitchfork gave Forklore an 80 like I predicted, and that’s pretty much what I’d give it. MC will count the NYT. Though they got the album still sitting at 14 reviews, which it has been since the end of its release day. That’s kinda shady. But MC has been on some shady sh*t for a while now.

Forklore has a 91 on AOTY without the Times being added. I’m guessing it’ll probably end up with 88-90 on MC and 86-88 on AOTY. But at least 25 reviews are gonna be counted. So, it’s hard to say where it’ll land. And a few reviews counting as 65 or below would really pull it down. Yet, Swift will still end up with a really good score.

These are only aggregated scores. Dylan still has a 95 on MC and that’s not gonna be one of the few most acclaimed albums of the year. Likewise, Forklore is not gonna be anywhere near the most acclaimed album of the year. Fiona and even Run the Jewels are too far out of reach. While Dua, Perfume Genius, Phoebe Bridgers and/or Dylan and perhaps some others might outrank her. The end of the year lists will likely just make the album look worse as far as acclaim goes.

I’m just gonna need the people who were claiming this pretty good but basic album was gonna be the most acclaimed of the year to quiet down now.

Profile picture
    BICTH
    Topics:

I generally do not care for pitchfork but their score for folklore is certainly the closest to what I would give it, all the critics rushing to give the record a 90+ feels like pats on swift’s back for finally going in the direction they’ve been wanting her to go

Profile picture
    ELIAS ⚡️
    Topics:

all the critics rushing to give the record a 90+ feels like pats on swift’s back for finally going in the direction they’ve been wanting her to go

this! Say it louder for the people in the back!!!!

Albums of the Year:

After Hours~The Weeknd
    Fetch the Bolt Cutters~Fiona Apple
    RTJ4~Run the Jewels
    What’s Your Pleasure~Jessie Ware
    The Slow Rush~Tame Impala
    Circles~Mac Miller
    folklore~Taylor Swift
    How I Am Feeling Now~Charli XCX
    SAWAYAMA~Rina Sawayama
    The GOAT-Polo G
    Women in Music Volume Part III-HAIM
    Lianne La Havas~Lianne La Havas
    YHLQMDLG~Bad Bunny
    Punisher~Phoebe Bridgers
    The Strokes~The New Abnormal
    græ~Moses Sumney
    2017-2019~A.A.L.
    Ungodly Hour~Chloe x Halle
    ALIAS~Shygirl

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

all the critics rushing to give the record a 90+ feels like pats on swift’s back for finally going in the direction they’ve been wanting her to go

One could argue the same thing happened with Lana’s NFR. Just sayin’.

Profile picture
    BICTH
    Topics:

I mean…… I ain’t disagreeing

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

a nom will be reward enough for Taylor. And a SOTY nom for Cardigan/Exile. Winning ain’t everything.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Now, we are waiting for reviews from Anthony Fantano, Spin, and the rest of the music critic reviews.

Spin praised the album, Metacritic translated it as an 80. Melon just listed ‘exile’ as one of the best tracks of the week, same line with Under the Radar. AllMusic might give the album 90 or even 100 judging from early hints by the potential reviewer. Slant Magazine which is the harshest critic out there will be the most interesting

For you consideration :

Album of the year : folklore
    Record of the year : Don't Start Now
    Song of the year : cardigan
    Best new artist : Phoebe Bridgers

Best pop vocal album : folklore
    Best rap album : Alfredo
    Best alternative music album : Fetch the Bolt Cutters
    Best progressive R&B album : Ungodly Hour

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Pitchfork gave Forklore an 80 like I predicted, and that’s pretty much what I’d give it. MC will count the NYT. Though they got the album still sitting at 14 reviews, which it has been since the end of its release day. That’s kinda shady. But MC has been on some shady sh*t for a while now. Forklore has a 91 on AOTY without the Times being added. I’m guessing it’ll probably end up with 88-90 on MC and 86-88 on AOTY. But at least 25 reviews are gonna be counted. So, it’s hard to say where it’ll land. And a few reviews that count as 65 or below will really pull it down. Yet, Swift will still end up with a really good score. These are only aggregated scores. Dylan still has a 95 on MC and that’s not gonna be one of the few most acclaimed albums of the year. Likewise, Forklore is not gonna be anywhere near the most acclaimed album of the year. Fiona and even Run the Jewels are too far out of reach. While Dua, Perfume Genius, Phoebe Bridgers and/or Dylan and perhaps some others might outrank her. The end of the year lists will likely just worsen those ambitions. I’m just gonna need the people who were claiming this pretty good but basic album was gonna be the most acclaimed of the year to quiet down now.

AOTY don’t use unrated review so obviously NYT will be excluded. Seriously the year-end lists aggregate will be either Taylor or Fiona topping the top spot. Bookmark me

For you consideration :

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

folklore did another 43M streams on Spotify yesterday, extremely better than Lover. Meanwhile early prediction expects Cardigan to debut at #1, exile at #4 and the 1 at #6 on BBH100. She’s still dominating Top 10 on all streaming platforms (Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon etc.). If this doesn’t flop for next few week/months then, the album is serious contender for general/genre field.

For you consideration :

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 552 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 24)’ is closed to new replies.