Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 25)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 25)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 573 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
Boz
Darren
  • Profile picture
    Vogue
    Topics:

Sorry to say but white excellence >>> black excellence this year. – Fetch The Bolt Cutter – Set My Heart on Fire Immediately – folklore – Punisher – Future Nostalgia – Rough and Rowdy Ways – Songs For Our Daughter – Women in Music Pt. III

Go f**k yourself.

Profile picture
    Robinladen
    Topics:

Taylor is 100% gonna do a virtual medley at the VMAs. She won’t miss any chance to get more buzz right before the Grammy voting. Also considering the fact there are no other events this year, the VMAs will gain more visibility. And Taylor probably knew that.

She also seems more eager to brand herself as a pianist lately.

Profile picture
    Just for fun
    Topics:

I was surprised LYTLM was not even nominated for a VMA. Definitely taking note of the actual noms vs. predictions, cause it MAY mean something for the grammys about what industry circles are looking at. Albeit it’s a video award show but there are correlates.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

I have a feeling The Weeknd is not winning anything in THE GF. His album is not that undeniable and Blinding Lights is nothing special, just another Max Martin radio hit. And we all know the Grammys are not fond of Max Martin’s songs. They always go for other less “generic” songs and we can all agree that Blinding Lights is pretty generic. The last 2 winners were pretty interesting in song structure.

idk about bland but it’s lyrically dense, but tbh Bad Guy and This is America weren’t lyrically dense either. I think the production and performance were the best of the year.

10/10:

Fetch the Bolt Cutters, After Hours, RTJ4, and What's Your Pleasure?

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

Taylor is 100% gonna do a virtual medley at the VMAs. She won’t miss any chance to get more buzz right before the Grammy voting. Also considering the fact there are no other events this year, the VMAs will gain more visibility. And Taylor probably knew that.

vanguard recipient swift

Profile picture
    musicloversnews
    Topics:

Go f**k yourself.

Why. It is true though. White artist this year are getting more critical acclaim. It is not racist if someone prefers more traditional music which is 90% from white artists. It is idiotic to say a black artist has to win AOTY while a white artist might deserve it more. I hope the grammys stick to which albums they like the most and dont pander to THE BLM movement and someone wins just because of that.

Profile picture
    Alexandra
    Topics:

Taylor knows what’s she’s doing. A singer songwriter album during quarantine probably gives her the best shot at winning some Grammys. She knew the critics would eat it up and they did.

Profile picture
    thefunkydeltron
    Topics:

Any predictions on what Run the Jewels should submit/get nominated for?

They should submit Ju$t in rap categories too. Pharrell Williams loved in rap community.

Profile picture
    Regina
    Topics:

Honey, let’s hope Taylor Swift loses all of her nominations…again.

Profile picture
    musicloversnews
    Topics:

It’s not like someone doesnt win a Gramny because they are black, maybe a white artist was just more undeniable that year. Billie was bigger than Lizzo in every single way, same with Adele and Taylor. They were just undeniable. When a black-artist gets a Diamond-album he will win an AOTY too. Dont forget how a black rap artist Childish Gambino beat one of the baitest songs ever. They are not racist.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

For now I think this are our Best Music Video nominees:
    1. The Weeknd – Blinding Lights
    2. Harry Styles – Adore You
    3. Tame Impala – Lost in Yesterday
    4. Billie Eilish – all the good girls go to hell
    5. half alive – BREAKFAST

Profile picture
    musicloversnews
    Topics:

For now I think this are our Best Music Video nominees: 1. The Weeknd – Blinding Lights 2. Harry Styles – Adore You 3. Tame Impala – Lost in Yesterday 4. Taylor Swift – The Man 5. half alive – BREAKFAST

What about Rain On Me. Lol at “The Man”.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

What about Rain On Me. Lol at “The Man”.

Rain On Me aint happening.

I was actually just about to edit the post to change The Man lol

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

Let’s see how Rain On Me does in the technical categories. If it wins some of them, then I could see it in BMV.

Profile picture
    thefunkydeltron
    Topics:

It’s not like someone doesnt win a Gramny because they are black, maybe a white artist was just more undeniable that year. Billie was bigger than Lizzo in every single way, same with Adele and Taylor. They were just undeniable. When a black-artist gets a Diamond-album he will win an AOTY too. Dont forget how a black rap artist Childish Gambino beat one of the baitest songs ever. They are not racist.

Kendrick was undeniable in 2017. Album sales + rave critical acclaim + #1 single. Yet he lost to Bruno Mars.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 573 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 25)’ is closed to new replies.