Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 25)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 25)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 573 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
BYEDON2020
Boz
Darren
  • Profile picture
    Just for fun
    Topics:

No one has posted why Abel is #1 in AOTY. Not the most successful album. Not the most acclaimed. Not the most buzzed about album.

It’s a combo of all those aspects, cause he’s strong with commercial success, acclaim, a narrative, etc. but not necessarily the strongest at any one.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

The commercial success of After Hours is highly exaggerated. It’s getting beat by a Lil Baby album and is barely top 10 right now. Still below that Post Malone album after several weeks.

“Blinding Lights” is his biggest chance at marquee recognition. AOTY is hardly a lock.

Profile picture
    Just for fun
    Topics:

The commercial success of After Hours is highly exaggerated. It’s getting beat by a Lil Baby album and is barely top 10 right now. “Blinding Lights” is his biggest chance at marquee recognition. AOTY is hardly a lock.

Yeah I agree it’s not a lock yet. But I think it’s in top 3 heading for a win.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Oh, they’re not snubbing white female artists just because of the climate either. That’s ridiculous.

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Yall do know that AOTY doesn’t have to go to The Weeknd or Taylor right? Like more people released music.

I was just giving an answer to a post about Taylor and Weeknd. I’m still allowed to, right?

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You
    https://letterboxd.com/cherry123/

Profile picture
    KBeckett
    Topics:

God how I wish RTJ could feasibly win AOTY. That album was by far the best I’ve listened to this year.

Not much to see here I’m afraid...

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

No one has posted why Abel is #1 in AOTY. Not the most successful album. Not the most acclaimed. Not the most buzzed about album. Someone other than delusional Elias, please.

Simply because it’s the least controversial choice for the Grammys. It recieved moderate acclaim and fairly big success. It also helps that it has one of the biggest songs this year. Not to mention, it is way past time for a black artist to win.

FYC
    AOTY: After Hours, Fetch The Boltcutters, Folklore, Future Nostalgia, K Bye For Now, Magdalene, Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial, Punisher

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Saying it is “a joke” is your personal opinion, not the collective one.

Clearly it was the collective opinion of Grammy voters too, so moving on

Your “just as acclaimed” narrative also crumbles when you look at the fact that Billie’s album dominated year-end lists, while not only did Lil Nas not crack any significant ones, his AOTY nomination was viewed as a joke by the media, and by most people.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

The debate about explicit tracks is 100% irrelevant. Not only does it not matter since voters are creatives, so most of them aren’t prudes, but we’ve seen albums and songs with strong language win in topline categories several times before. Please stop this myth that it’s at all a factor.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Clearly it was the collective opinion of Grammy voters too, so moving on

Your “just as acclaimed” narrative also crumbles when you look at the fact that Billie’s album dominated year-end lists, while not only did Lil Nas not crack any significant ones, his AOTY nomination was viewed as a joke by the media, and by most people.

Yea, but leaving out the album, “Old Town Road” was one of the most acclaimed songs of 2019. Both versions of the song were in the top 20. So, not really a “joke.”
    https://www.albumoftheyear.org/songs/best/2019/

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Yea, but leaving out the album, “Old Town Road” was one of the most acclaimed songs of 2019. Both versions of the song was in the top 20.
    https://www.albumoftheyear.org/songs/best/2019/

Still, “Old Town Road” had the disadvantage of being viewed as a meme and a silly song, regardless of how much people liked it. Billie didn’t have that issue.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Still, “Old Town Road” had the disadvantage of being viewed as a meme and a silly song, regardless of how much people liked it. Billie didn’t have that issue.

“Old Town Road” got lost in the Billie Eilish shuffle. That’s all it was. It still won Pop Duo/Group and its video won Music Video. That’s more than what you originally predicted for it to do. I cannot with you still trying to minimize OTR as just a “joke” or “meme” song, even after it has proven to be more than that.

Profile picture
    BYEDON2020
    Topics:

The commercial success of After Hours is highly exaggerated. It’s getting beat by a Lil Baby album and is barely top 10 right now. Still below that Post Malone album after several weeks. “Blinding Lights” is his biggest chance at marquee recognition. AOTY is hardly a lock.

And Lil Baby and Post Malone are winning. How am I delusional btw? I’ve supplied evidence. Y’all just can’t handle that Abel is on top.

If you are in the US, vote! It’s important if live in the following swing states: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Ohio, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan.

Profile picture
    BYEDON2020
    Topics:

Yall do know that AOTY doesn’t have to go to The Weeknd or Taylor right? Like more people released music.

Like who lol? I would love to see another person tbh.

If you are in the US, vote! It’s important if live in the following swing states: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Ohio, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

And Lil Baby and Post Malone are winning. How am I delusional btw? I’ve supplied evidence. Y’all just can’t handle that Abel is on top.

None of them are winning. My point was to say that the success of AH is very exaggerated. The biggest and most memorable thing about the era is “Blinding Lights.” If AH wins, it’s because it rode the success of that song and because the voters might want to make a black artist happen there. I still don’t see it happening. I also don’t see a GF sweep happening so soon after the Billie sweep.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 573 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 25)’ is closed to new replies.