Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 26)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 26)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 526 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
kanil032
ELIAS
Boz
  • Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Y’all are really talking about debut album week sales, I wanna see longevity.

Theres this Thank U, Next and folklore drama, I’m not here for it. First off Thank U, Next did not have staying power, she dropped it and the era felt over except with that in my head Vogue video. After that she declined off the charts except with newer singles and remixes.

folklore is cute and all but I wanna see Taylor campaign like she does with other eras. I don’t think any of the singles with have longevity, but the sales with stay steady and give it a nomination.

Holy Trinity of Albums:

After Hours, Fetch the Bolt Cutters and What’s Your Pleasure?

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

I can only see Taylor winning BPVA and maybe SOTY/AOTY. I think she’ll be nominated for AOTY, SOTY, BPVA, BPD/GP, BMF. She could get nominated in ROTY, BPSP, BCS, BCSP.

Profile picture
    JustGuy89
    Topics:

Phoebe Bridgers.

listening 🎶

Profile picture
    Strawberries
    Topics:

who is punisher by, I’ve seen this tittle mentioned everywhere. I need to give it a listen

Phoebe Bridgers. It’s an absolutely wonderful album with beautiful production, great vocals and very good songwriting. If folklore had been about 50% more indie/alternative and darker, they would be comparable.

Profile picture
    Strawberries
    Topics:

Yes because Spotify is the whole music consumption.

Very true! Must be just Spotify then

– Music consumption up 5.7% in Canada https://musically.com/2020/07/14/canada-music-consumption-up-5-7-this-year-despite-covid-19/

– Audio consumption up 9.4% over previous year for first half of 2020 in the USA https://www.billboard.com/p/2020-nielsen-music-mrc-data-midyear-report-us/

Guess not.

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

thank u, next came and went.  By the time Old Town Road was rising, I totally forgot about the era.. and that was April.

Profile picture
    Strawberries
    Topics:

thank u, next came and went. By the time Old Town Road was rising, I totally forgot about the era.. and that was April.

Billie pretty much took all of Ariana’s headlines and momentum. The second bad guy smashed, everyone forgot about TUN.

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

Why do you have to drag Ariana’s TUN to show that Folklore is selling? When all is said and done, TUN will probably end up being a bigger era than Folklore. Ariana spent 15 weeks at #1 on the HOT100 during that era. And the album spent 3 weeks and would’ve spent 4 if not for Shallow’s Oscar performance.

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

Ariana dropped the tu,n era after she released. She had a whole tour planned and she didn’t have time to push other singles. I’m still sad she chose to release boyfriend as a stand-alone summer single when bloodline was right there. It would have been perfect as a summer single. It would have revitalized the era for sure.

Profile picture
    MG
    Topics:

Absolutely Not. Thank U, Next did not fall off. Thank U, Next had multiple #1 hits back to back that greatly supporting the era till this day even. 7 Rings and Thank U, Next is still being heard on the radio and it’s streaming is still high. It had a very successful world tour to extend that too. It made it into several end of the year lists with critics still talking about it at the end of 2019. It’s an amazing pop record that really showcases Ariana’s vulnerability after the tragedies she’s faced towards Mac Miller death and the Manchester Bombing. Her vocals were astonishing in the record too.

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

The Weeknd: AOTY, SOTY, ROTY
    Phoebe bridgers: BNA

This is what I’m rooting for

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

Still, we can’t possibly deny the power and impact Ariana had in the months from october to february. She was literally EVERYWHERE. Everyone started saying thank u, next after the single was released. Everyone was posting pics on instagram with lines from tu,n or 7 rings. She had a hell of a ride in those months, especially thinking that she made that album in just a few weeks. And honestly, saying it is forgotten is just wrong, it was probably the biggest pop girl era since 1989. And if she didn’t drop it, it would have been even more succesful. The fact that the first 2 singles and even the album tracks are still being highly streamed shows it. I mean casual radio listeners like my dad are still remembering that songs.

Profile picture
    Donchano
    Topics:

Covid-19 is getting worse, we are anticipating 2nd big wave. Grammy get cancelled so everyone issa winner

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

It didn’t fall off, but IMO Thank U, Next that’s an example of being front loaded. Ariana was not a threat with her songs during the summer or fall. Yet she was heavenly saturated a year prior with Sweetner where No Tears Left to Cry in the spring to Breathin in the fall.

Holy Trinity of Albums:

After Hours, Fetch the Bolt Cutters and What’s Your Pleasure?

Profile picture
    skydy
    Topics:

Tun was snubbed and nobody can’t deny it

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 526 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 26)’ is closed to new replies.