Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 26)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 26)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 526 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
kanil032
ELIAS
Boz
  • Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Honey, Phoebe Bridgers is only getting a Best New Artist nomination, like Margo Price and Maggie Rogers.

That’s… a weird comparison lol

FYC: Phoebe Bridgers - Best New Artist
    Punisher - AOTY, Alt. Album
    Kyoto - ROTY, Rock Performance
    I Know The End - Rock Song, Best Music Video
    Punisher (song) - SOTY, Pop Solo

FYC: Conan Gray - BNA
    The Story - SOTY

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

I was looking at the nominees for the VMA’s. Harry and Dua missed nominations for best video, best artist, best song, and even best pop song. They only got nominations in technical categories for direction, art direction and choreography. If that award show is any indicator, Harry and Dua are gonna get snubbed at the Grammys.

Profile picture
    Reformed Thot
    Topics:

I was looking at the nominees for the VMA’s. Harry and Dua missed nominations for best video, best artist, best song, and even best pop song. They only got nominations in technical categories for direction, art direction and choreography. If that award show is any indicator, Harry and Dua are gonna get snubbed at the Grammys.

It’s not though. The MTV awards only really have some type of weight in the Grammy video category nowadays. Dua isn’t that surprising of a snub there. Harry is.

Listen Idiot Awards Voters, give as many awards as you possibly can to these albums:

Fiona Apple- Fetch the Bolt Cutters
    Haim- Women in Music Part lll
    Run the Jewels- Run the Jewels 4

Profile picture
    Donchano
    Topics:

If Taylor overperforms on nominations, I have her winning in AOTY. If she misses out on ROTY, Abel is sweeps the GF. If Abel misses out on SOTY, Taylor is winning AOTY and SOTY and Abel wins ROTY. I do think Adele is waiting for Beyoncé to release her next solo record to release. IMO, she should release at the end of the eligibility period, maybe the last Friday. Who knows. While it is little too soon to call a Pop Vocal winner because Taylor’s album could frontloaded. I do think now it’s silly to say if Taylor does well that Harry Styles is going to win Pop Vocal. Taylor’s strong suit with the Grammys is albums. 40% of her wins comes from albums. And no, just because she won twice is not a downside. reputation. was panned by music fans and critics, and Lover was not going to be as big as Billie Eilish and Lil Nas took the spotlight away from her. This time she hasn’t been nominated for 2 albums and this could be the reclaim of the win. I don’t think she is going to win ROTY, SOTY, or any pop performance categories, she never now or last time won, even if she was the favorite for those categories. Blinding Lights is bigger. And Ariana and Gaga collab seems like something pop voters will eat up.

Basically this. I think Taylor has greatest chance if she submits exile for SOTY and Pop Duo. My prediction for folklore

• Album of the year : folklore
    • Song of the year : exile (feat. Bon Iver)
    • Best pop vocal album : folklore
    • Best pop solo performance : cardigan
    • Best pop duo/group : exile (feat. Bon Iver)

Her chance for ROTY and any country category (Best country song, best country solo performance) are questionable at this point.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

When voting begins, I think September/October

sis if we get submissions, lol to those who believed last year fake poster

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Country Album: Gaslighter
    Americana Album: Reunions
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    Donchano
    Topics:

Speaking of Producer of the Year, I hope Jack Antonoff will snatch it since he’s the most consistent nominee so far. His work on folklore and Gaslighter should catapult his chance tho.

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

As much as I want Taylor to win a non-AOTY general field category, I don’t possibly see how she can beat the Weeknd. Blinding Lights seems unstoppable in both ROTY and SOTY.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

As much as I want Taylor to win a non-AOTY general field category, I don’t possibly see how she can beat the Weeknd. Blinding Lights seems unstoppable in both ROTY and SOTY.

I agree, but also I can see them splitting AOTY since Taylor is an album artist to the Grammys.

But I do think it’s delusional to not think The Weeknd can’t sweep, there has been sweeps for the past 4 years.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

Jack Antonoff NEEDS to win POTY this year. He’s been constantly producing some of the best female albums of each year (Melodrama, NFR!, Gaslighter, folklore, Lover, 1989). This is the perfect year for him to win, both the albums he produced will likely win their genre categories and are both strong contenders to get in AOTY.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

“Blinding Lights” is overrated. It won’t ROTY or SOTY. Pop Solo’s a stretch too.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

“Blinding Lights” is overrated. It won’t ROTY or SOTY. Pop Solo’s a stretch too.

So whose winning lol. It’s the biggest, safest song of the year with a good amount of critical acclaim. I doesn’t have that much competition this year at all

FYC:

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

Blinding Lights has undeniable commercial success and good critical acclaim. It also comes from one of the most successful albums of the year. I don’t like the song that much, but it’s the easy frontrunner for ROTY and Pop Solo. I think SOTY could surprise us (hoping for Tay).

Profile picture
    Donchano
    Topics:

So whose winning lol. It’s the biggest, safest song of the year with a good amount of critical acclaim. I doesn’t have that much competition this year at all

Blinding Lights undoubtedly the front-runner for ROTY followed by Don’t Start Now. But it will be a tough competition for Abel if Taylor decides to submit exile for SOTY instead of Cardigan. The song received widespread acclaim, it was stated to be the highlight of the album. Not to mention, it got magical touch by Vernon himself and Bon Iver name was attached to the song. + I want to know who tf is William Bowery lol

Profile picture
    Robinladen
    Topics:

Blinding Lights undoubtedly the front-runner for ROTY followed by Don’t Start Now. But it will be a tough competition for Abel if Taylor decides to submit exile for SOTY instead of Cardigan. The song received widespread acclaim, it was stated to be the highlight of the album. Not to mention, it got magical touch by Vernon himself and Bon Iver name was attached to the song. + I want to know who tf is William Bowery lol

We see time and time again the ROTY winner just takes SOTY too. They don’t award slower better written songs in SOTY, it’s not a thing.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 526 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 26)’ is closed to new replies.