Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 26)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 26)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 526 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
kanil032
ELIAS
Boz
  • Profile picture
    Daniel Glaister
    Topics:

“Blinding Lights” is overrated. It won’t ROTY or SOTY. Pop Solo’s a stretch too.

you’re only saying this because you don’t like it as much as everyone else. it will comfortably win at least one of those awards

Profile picture
    musicloversnews
    Topics:

For the last time!

Blinding Lights is another of Max Martin’s basic pop songs. It is nothing outstanding. It’s one of the biggest hits but it’s not undeniable. It will get into Soty and Roty but it’s not a very strong frontrunner like you all make it to be.

Profile picture
    deshunfenty
    Topics:

sis if we get submissions, lol to those who believed last year fake poster

Really all we have to do is ask the Grammy voter from Last Year. Her name is Natalie .. I think

#howrudeofme

Profile picture
    Prince
    Topics:

Jack Antonoff + Producer of the Year = BARF!

Profile picture
    James Dean
    Topics:

For the last time! Blinding Lights is another of Max Martin’s basic pop songs. It is nothing outstanding. It’s one of the biggest hits but it’s not undeniable. It will get into Soty and Roty but it’s not a very strong frontrunner like you all make it to be.

I agree it’s a basic max martin song but it is frontrunner for ROTY,  SOTY by wide margin.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

So whose winning lol. It’s the biggest, safest song of the year with a good amount of critical acclaim. I doesn’t have that much competition this year at all

ROTY: “Circles” is my frontrunner for now

SOTY: “cardigan”, “Lose You to Love Me” are my frontrunners for now

I’ll sound delusional now, but watch in 2021 how “Blinding Lights” won’t win either. I’m sure of this.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

For the last time! Blinding Lights is another of Max Martin’s basic pop songs. It is nothing outstanding. It’s one of the biggest hits but it’s not undeniable. It will get into Soty and Roty but it’s not a very strong frontrunner like you all make it to be.

Exactly.

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

ROTY: “Circles” is my frontrunner for now SOTY: “cardigan”, “Lose You to Love Me” are my frontrunners for now I’ll sound delusional now, but watch in 2021 how “Blinding Lights” won’t win either. I’m sure of this.

</p>
    I actually think both Circles and Lose You to Love Me stand no chance at winning. The grammys couldn’t even give Sunflower some love, despite it being just as, if not bigger than, Circles. And Lose You to Love Me would have been a lock for a SOTY nomination if it had came out closer to August. Unfortunately, it seems all but forgotten at this stage and the grammys do NOT like Selena enough to give her a GF nod for a forgotten song.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”> </p> I actually think both Circles and Lose You to Love Me stand no chance at winning. The grammys couldn’t even give Sunflower some love, despite it being just as, if not bigger than, Circles. And Lose You to Love Me would have been a lock for a SOTY nomination if it had came out closer to August. Unfortunately, it seems all but forgotten at this stage and the grammys do NOT like Selena enough to give her a GF nod for a forgotten song.

Except “Lose You to Love Me” has been touched by the hands of two previous SOTY nominees Finneas and Julia Michaels. Plus, it’s simply a good song. “cardigan” is my key frontrunner though.

I’d like to add “The Box” and “Sometimes” to my ROTY frontrunners too.

If I were to have five-nominee lineups, ROTY:

“Circles”
    “The Box”
    “Sometimes”
    “Don’t Start Now”
    “Blinding Lights”

AOTY:

Fetch the Bolt Cutters
    RTJ4
    Folklore
    After Hours
    The Highwomen

SOTY:

“cardigan”
    “Lose You to Love Me”
    “Circles”
    (fill)
    (fill)

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Except “Lose You to Love Me” has been touched by the hands of two previous SOTY nominees Finneas and Julia Michaels. Plus, it’s simply a good song. “cardigan” is my key frontrunner though. I’d like to add “The Box” and “Sometimes” to my ROTY frontrunners too. If I were to have five-nominee lineups, ROTY: “Circles” “The Box” “Sometimes” “Don’t Start Now” “Blinding Lights” AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters RTJ4 Folklore After Hours The Highwomen SOTY: “cardigan” “Lose You to Love Me” “Circles” (fill) (fill)

Julia Michaels has worked with Selena before and it hasn’t helped her yet. Julia isn’t some grammy darling honestly, she has 2 nominations both of which she was kind of filler.

I guess with Finneas you do have a point. But honestly, if they do nominate a Finneas song, it’ll be whatever Billie submits.

Profile picture
    JasonLannister
    Topics:

For the last time!

Blinding Lights is another of Max Martin’s basic pop songs. It is nothing outstanding. It’s one of the biggest hits but it’s not undeniable. It will get into Soty and Roty but it’s not a very strong frontrunner like you all make it to be.

I’m curious to know which song of this cycle you consider to be outstanding.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

You’re being delusional if you think Blinding Lights isn’t the frontrunner and you’re EXTREMELY delusional if you think Lose You to Love Me even stands a chance.

FYC: Lil Baby
    The Bigger Picture - ROTY, SOTY, Rap Song, Mel. Rap Perf.

FYC: Phoebe Bridgers - Best New Artist
    Punisher - AOTY, Alt. Album
    Kyoto - ROTY, Rock Performance
    I Know The End - Rock Song, Best Music Video
    Punisher (song) - SOTY, Pop Solo
    Graceland Too - Americana Song, Americana Performance

FYC: Conan Gray - BNA
    The Story - SOTY

Profile picture
    lilly98
    Topics:

Blinding Lights is absolutely the frontrunner for ROTY (and SOTY too since they hardly split winners here). It’s globally the biggest song of the year and will end up as #1 of Billboard’s Year End List. It also has good critical acclaim and The Weeknd has been nominated in the GF category before. Nobody cares what you personally think of the song, it’s still the frontrunner.

And LOL at someone thinking LYTLM could win.

Profile picture
    lilly98
    Topics:

Also The Weeknd has been shown a lot more grammy love than Post Malone over the years, i find it hard to see Circles winning ROTY over Blinding Lights

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

Neither Circles or LYTLM are winning a Grammy, and the latter won’t even get nominated.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 526 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 26)’ is closed to new replies.