Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 26)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 26)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 526 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
kanil032
ELIAS
Boz
  • Profile picture
    musicloversnews
    Topics:

Lose You To Love Me is not happening anywhere. It’s this year’s “Dancing With A Stranger” and “Without Me”.

Profile picture
    musicloversnews
    Topics:

I agree that “Blinding Lights” is a strong contender but I don’t see it as a huge frontrunner like you all claim it to be. Max Martin has always lost with even “bigger” songs.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

You’re being delusional if you think Blinding Lights isn’t the frontrunner and you’re EXTREMELY delusional if you think Lose You to Love Me even stands a chance.

Accepted. Let’s not be surprised when “Blinding Lights” doesn’t win either ROTY or SOTY. Mark my posts if you wish.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Lose You To Love Me is not happening anywhere. It’s this year’s “Dancing With A Stranger” and “Without Me”.

“Lose You to Love Me” getting an SOTY nod isn’t as farfetched as a lot of people think. I only have it as a semi-frontrunner for now. “cardigan” easily takes my top spot.

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Blinding Lights is one of Max Martin’s biggest songs ever and it’s the biggest hit off of one of the biggest albums this year. And obviously, the Weeknd being historically liked by the grammys will help him out.

And even beyond that, Blinding Lights has that nostalgic vibe that the grammys always eat up, especially in ROTY, à la Uptown Funk and Get lucky.

TLDR: The Weeknd is winning ROTY and SOTY and there has yet to be any song that could pose a threat to it.

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

“Lose You to Love Me” getting an SOTY nod isn’t as farfetched as a lot of people think. I only have it as a semi-frontrunner for now. “cardigan” easily takes my top spot.

LYTLM had zero staying power. It had an amazing debut and then it was forgotten immediately afterwards. Probably because Selena had to remind everyone that she’s one of the worst vocalists ever in the music industry. Regardless, it had no longevity and it’s a song from an artist the grammys historically don’t like. It’s not getting nominated in the pop field, let alone the general field.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

LYTLM had zero staying power. It had an amazing debut and then it was forgotten immediately afterwards. Probably because Selena had to remind everyone that she’s one of the worst vocalists ever in the music industry. Regardless, it had no longevity and it’s a song from an artist the grammys historically don’t like. It’s not getting nominated in the pop field, let alone the general field.

Do you forget three songs that didn’t even chart were just nominated for SOTY? I’m not 100% confident of a win but I’m 80% sure of an SOTY nod. It will be “Lover”-ed.

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Do you forget three songs that didn’t even chart were just nominated for SOTY? I’m not 100% confident of a win but I’m 80% sure of an SOTY nod. It will be “Lover”-ed.

Lover would not have been nominated if it came out in October. However, since it came out in August it was fresh in the voters mind.

And the songs that didn’t chart were by grammy darlings (Selena G is no Lady Gaga) or weren’t mainstream. Lose You to Love Me was a very mainstream song and it needed to chart well, especially if it came out in October to get nominated. It did not do this.

Profile picture
    James Dean
    Topics:

You would be fool to compare Lover to LYTLM. One was a great song completely self-written by 4 time SOTY nomine while other is an okayish song by worst artist.

Profile picture
    lilly98
    Topics:

Yes it is. The song was front-loaded and is pretty much forgotten by most people. Also, it doesn’t help that the album the song is from has already fallen out of the Billboard 200 chart and the artist the song is attached to has never been nominated for a grammy despite there being many opportunities to do so. It’s obvious they‘re not too fond of Selena as an artist.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

You would be fool to compare Lover to LYTLM. One was a great song completely self-written by 4 time SOTY nomine while other is an okayish song by worst artist.

I’m not comparing their quality. I’m just saying it’d have the same fate as “Lover”—SOTY-nominated but won’t win.

Yes it is. The song was front-loaded and is pretty much forgotten by most people. Also, it doesn’t help that the album the song is from has already fallen out of the Billboard 200 chart and the artist the song is attached to has never been nominated for a grammy despite there being many opportunities to do so. It’s obvious they‘re not too fond of Selena as an artist.

I remain by what I said but I’m only 80% sure.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Lover would not have been nominated if it came out in October. However, since it came out in August it was fresh in the voters mind. And the songs that didn’t chart were by grammy darlings (Selena G is no Lady Gaga) or weren’t mainstream. Lose You to Love Me was a very mainstream song and it needed to chart well, especially if it came out in October to get nominated. It did not do this.

Lana Del Rey was a Grammy darling? I mean, prior to that, she’d only mustered up two pop vocal nominations both of which she stood no chance at winning.

Tanya Tucker had never been nominated for SOTY up until Brandi Carlile chipped in.

Julia Michaels is a previous nominee and Finneas is a previous winner. “Lose You to Love Me” has a pretty decent chance at an SOTY nod.

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

• H.E.R. performed Hard Place everywhere, including the Grammys.
    • Bring My Flowers Now was the first song Tanya Tucker released in over a decade. until then she had never won a Grammy despite being nominated over 10 times. the song was also co-written by Brandi Carlile.
    • the universally acclaimed Norman Fucking Rockwell! album was released in the final week of the eligibility period. people were talking about it during voting season (Sep ’19). it was also co-written by Jack Antonoff
    • Lover also came out in late Aug ’19). Despite not debuting at #1 like LYTLM, it was still fresh in September, but we all know it only received a nod because producers wanted Taylor (& Gaga) to attend the ceremony and perform.

I would say Selena isn’t even the most likely former Disney star to make it to SOTY.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

I would say Selena isn’t even the most likely former Disney star to make it to SOTY.

This song is not bad. In fact, it received widespread critical acclaim. Julia Michaels is a previous nominee. Finneas is an additional producer. Mattman & Robbin have won Album of the Year. This is a star-studded songwriting lineup.

All of you disagree, that’s clear. November isn’t that far away. I’m willing to humbly swallow my pride or laugh out loud at naysayers. As of now, “Lose You to Love Me” is a near lock for a nomination. Mark my post.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I fail to see how Harry Styles is not second or first in the BPVA race since the only reason I’ve heard so far is “well he was in a boyband so that must mean his music is not liked by them” or some vague subjective comment about his music.

I don’t know, maybe the fact that he’s NEVER BEEN NOMINATED BEFORE!

Also, Harry’s album is the least critically acclaimed and don’t do well enough on the charts. Watermellon Sugar and Adore You were hits but didn’t chart well enough to carry Harry to a win. He needed to top the charts like everyone else did. Even Taylor, with a very non-radio friendly album, will beat him to #1.

She does not. Hollywood’s Bleeding is literally right there.

Taylor beat Post’s debut weekend by double and we all know albums make most of their sales in the first few weeks, so she’ll likely be ahead of him by next month at least, maybe sooner.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 526 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 26)’ is closed to new replies.