Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 26)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 26)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 518 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
Roger Federer
ELIAS ⚡️
Boz
  • Profile picture
    betty
    Topics:

It seems like folklore will spend multiple weeks at #1 on BB200. There’s no huge release for upcoming weeks + they will sell physical album at Target next two weeks if I’m not mistaken. exile will be promoted on adult alternative radio starting next week too meanwhile betty will be played on country radio on August 17. Now where the hell is Donda?

she stays winning 😂

FYC: Taylor Swift
    AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: cardigan
    SOTY: cardigan
    Pop Solo: cardigan
    PD/G: exile feat. Bon Iver
    PVA: folklore
    Country Solo: betty
    Country Song: betty
    Music Video: The Man
    Music Film: Miss Americana

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Swifties are insane as always. Folklore sold a lot just like Lover and Reputation, that means it’s a lock for AOTY, NO, maybe for Top Billboard 200 Album. And don’t tell me critics and magazines say it’s her best work, they always say the same for each album. lol Floklore will be a frontloaded mess commercially, even worse than Lover. At least, Lover had Me!, YNTCD and Lover, which were awful, but had quite longevity. Floklore has NOTHING, all the songs are a snoozefest. Taylor will receive the Reputation treatment this era at the grammys.

Lover had fine longevity with 19 weeks in the top 10. It’s only left the top 40 once since release.

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Didn’t she literally quote the reviews in her own instagram page? go check that lol.

I read most review, some of them praised the album, some had mixed reception, some even gave negative comments. Reputation/Lover missing on EOD list pretty much confirmed that both albums are not her best album so?

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Sufjan Steven - The Ascension
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Holly Humberstone - Falling Asleep At The Wheel
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    How U Doin'
    Topics:

Honey, let’s keep it real.  Folklore is frontloaded just like Lover.  Her sales are practically the same as last time.  Delusional Swifties acting like this bitch broke Adele’s first week sales.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    FeerD
    Topics:

Just leave them being crazy as always. It’s the same with each album release. Adele did what she did without releasing 16 versions of the same album with different covers.

Profile picture
    ELIAS ⚡️
    Topics:

We are talking way too much about Folklore

opinions on the new Billie track? It’s not my favorite but it’s ehhh.

Albums of the Year:

After Hours~The Weeknd
    Fetch the Bolt Cutters~Fiona Apple
    RTJ4~Run the Jewels
    What’s Your Pleasure~Jessie Ware
    The Slow Rush~Tame Impala
    Circles~Mac Miller
    folklore~Taylor Swift
    How I Am Feeling Now~Charli XCX
    SAWAYAMA~Rina Sawayama
    The GOAT-Polo G
    Women in Music Volume Part III-HAIM
    Lianne La Havas~Lianne La Havas
    YHLQMDLG~Bad Bunny
    Punisher~Phoebe Bridgers
    The Strokes~The New Abnormal
    græ~Moses Sumney
    2017-2019~A.A.L.
    Ungodly Hour~Chloe x Halle
    ALIAS~Shygirl
    St

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

BLACK IS KING was yet another airheaded waste of money by Beyoncé although it was shot very well and really played with art direction to its benefit. At least, it made me hate The Lion King: The Gift less.

It’d be a shame to see her waste all this money and not at least win Music Film and/or an Emmy.

Profile picture
    betty
    Topics:

Don’t know where my post went but what are y’all’s opinions on BENEE? For best nest artist

FYC: Taylor Swift
    AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: cardigan
    SOTY: cardigan
    Pop Solo: cardigan
    PD/G: exile feat. Bon Iver
    PVA: folklore
    Country Solo: betty
    Country Song: betty
    Music Video: The Man
    Music Film: Miss Americana

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

If “cardigan” goes #1, I fully expect a Song of the Year nomination. Folklore is a lyrically driven album. So it would only make sense if it gets in that category. TS needs one live performance to secure the nod (just like with “Lover”). Which I suspect will happen at the VMAs. If it manages to stay in the top 10 for a few weeks, it could show up in Record of the Year. But as of right now her only safe bet in the GF is Album of the Year.

“cardigan” imo will be “Lover”-ed. It has zero business in Record but is a potential lead in Song.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Don’t know where my post went but what are y’all’s opinions on BENEE? For best nest artist

Up until “exile”, I (delusionally) had her in Pop Duo/Group Performance for “Supalonely”.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

We are talking way too much about Folklore opinions on the new Billie track? It’s not my favorite but it’s ehhh.

I’ve listened a couple times and heard it on the radio and I still don’t know what the hook is💀

It’s too boring for me, I genuinely cannot pay attention to it, which is weird cause normally I love her slower stuff (when the party’s over, listen before i go, i love you)

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 518 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 26)’ is closed to new replies.