Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 27)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 27)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 655 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
ZAYN
ELIAS
grandeswiftkn..
  • Profile picture
    ZAYN
    Topics:

Kanil, we saw your post about mental health! That was wack! I’ll write to the mods about it. They can see hidden posts.

Do it now. You are doing so many great things today. Please don’t make fun of me there.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Post Malone is not winning against The Weeknd, I can guarantee that. Taylor Swift has never been competitive in pop performance categories. And everything I wanted will not win, especially since it lost to Bad Guy last year to Truth Hurts.

1. Why? Because you said so?

2. Taylor has been competitive in pop categories on several occasions; she just hasn’t won there with a song. With a fresh, critically acclaimed album that has cross-genre appeal this could very well be the year she does.

3. Billie literally just swept this year’s Grammys; underestimating her is foolish

Profile picture
    Aaliyah
    Topics:

Realistically I’m not sure Ariana will ever attend the Grammy’s again. Her snub last year was glaring.

Honey, only delusional fangirls thought Ariana Grande had a chance of winning last time.  She was practically last in all of her categories.  No way was she getting more votes than Billie Eilish, Lil Nas X, and Lizzo.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    ZAYN
    Topics:

Fingers crossed for grammys to split major album and song categories between Taylor and Abel.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Realistically I’m not sure Ariana will ever attend the Grammy’s again. Her snub last year was glaring.

“Snub” lmao

She got 5 nominations which is great for any year. She wasn’t expected to win any of them. Billie, Lizzo, and Lil Nas X were definitely the favorites.

I swear, some people here are so out of touch with reality.

Profile picture
    Camila Queen of Pop
    Topics:

Am I supposed to be the Loose fan?? The fact that Future Nostalgia is bigger than Romance is something everybody blinded and loose believes.

Fixed

Romance - now platinum certified! 🏆

Stream the hits My Oh My & Señorita on Spotify.

'Only Camila Cabello shines on EARTH. I think the WORLD should learn something from her" - Demi lovato ✔💯

Profile picture
    River
    Topics:

Lol this conversation about a certain artist being more loved than another is pure bs. There’s so many things to take into consideration. Basically, what we can say is that certain projects are more loved than others.

Gaga is loved by pop voters? Yes, but when she has a good year commercially speaking.

Let’s see if Chromatica will receive the same love as ASIB did. (It won’t)

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

1. Why? Because you said so? 2. Taylor has been competitive in pop categories on several occasions; she just hasn’t won there with a song. With a fresh, critically acclaimed album that has cross-genre appeal this could very well be the year she does. 3. Billie literally just swept this year’s Grammys; underestimating her is foolish

Circles is one of the worst recorded and sung songs of the year. The vocals are swallowed in reverb, the instrumental is generic, and him live is…questionable. Plus Post Malone has always been a filler nominee, regardless how big his albums get.

Critical acclaim does help Taylor, but not in pop categories. Hell Divide, Joanne, 25, GIRL, and In the Lonely Hour did not have any acclaim either, yet still won.

I would understand if Billie won Pop Solo Performance last year, but she lost to Lizzo, plus EIW doesn’t have the acclaim or notoriety as Bad Guy.

10/10:

Fetch the Bolt Cutters, After Hours, RTJ4, and What's Your Pleasure?

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Aaliyah
    Topics:

Honey, Taylor Swift will be Ed Sheeran’d in the General Field.  Mark my words!

Profile picture
    Camila Queen of Pop
    Topics:

Lmao, you are delusional. Just saying that.

Nah I’m good, that would be you posting back to back delusional posts

Romance - now platinum certified! 🏆

Stream the hits My Oh My & Señorita on Spotify.

'Only Camila Cabello shines on EARTH. I think the WORLD should learn something from her" - Demi lovato ✔💯

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Circles is one of the worst recorded and sung songs of the year. The vocals are swallowed in reverb, the instrumental is generic, and him live is…questionable. Plus Post Malone has always been a filler nominee, regardless how big his albums get.

Those are all your personal opinion lmao. I hate “Old Town Road” and it won 2 Grammys. Also, using lack of vocal ability to defend The Weeknd, of all people, is pretty hysterical. 😂

And Post has only been nominated the past 2 years; you act like there are years of history to go off of.

You have your head wayyyyy too far up Abel’s ass.

Critical acclaim does help Taylor, but not in pop categories. Hell Divide, Joanne, 25, GIRL, and In the Lonely Hour did not have any acclaim either, yet still won.

Critical acclaim doesn’t always matter, no, but we’re talking about an album that is a huge commercial success by one of the biggest names in music that everyone in the industry is raving about. To act like that’s not a factor in this specific case is incredibly naive.

I would understand if Billie won Pop Solo Performance last year, but she lost to Lizzo, plus EIW doesn’t have the acclaim or notoriety as Bad Guy.

If she won Album, Record, and Song of the Year, she is absolutely a threat to win Pop Solo Performance this year, even if she didn’t last year.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Lol this conversation about a certain artist being more loved than another is pure bs. There’s so many things to take into consideration. Basically, what we can say is that certain projects are more loved than others.

Gaga is loved by pop voters? Yes, but when she has a good year commercially speaking.

Let’s see if Chromatica will receive the same love as ASIB did. (It won’t)

She is having a good year commercially… You don’t have to be #1 all the time to get nominated.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You
    https://letterboxd.com/cherry123/

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 655 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 27)’ is closed to new replies.