Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 27)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 27)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 655 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
ZAYN
ELIAS
grandeswiftkn..
  • Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

2 years is good enough to know the Grammys feelings about Post Malone.

No, it’s not. Ariana Grande is an artist I can immediately think of who got passed over at two different ceremonies (with fewer nominations than Post has had the last 2 years) and then won. Britney Spears took several tries. Ed Sheeran took several tries. Rihanna was completely ignored until her third album. J. Cole won his first Grammy this year after Lord knows how many tries. I could go on.

“Circles” is not only one of the biggest hits of the year, it’s very Grammy-friendly. To completely leave it out of the conversation of possible winners just because you don’t personally like it is incredibly stupid and shows your blatant bias.

Profile picture
    Camila Queen of Pop
    Topics:

Looks like my ignored list has just found herself another delusional member. Bye, stay delusional

When you lose the argument.. Lol. Stay pressed and Loose like your fav😘

Romance - now platinum certified! 🏆

Stream the hits My Oh My & Señorita on Spotify.

'Only Camila Cabello shines on EARTH. I think the WORLD should learn something from her" - Demi lovato ✔💯

Profile picture
    ZAYN
    Topics:

yes, post Malone has biggest hit and biggest album of the year which is still in top 10. But still he seems long forgotten. Maybe because he doesn’t do interviews, promos. 

idk but he seems really forgotten. 

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

Oh wow!! That’s really good news, it’s been a while since I checked that rankings. She is amazingly popular worldwide, I live in Italy and she has basically been the most played foreign artist on the radio since DSN came out. Glad she is also getting recognition in the US now.

She is really famous here in Brazil too. Don’t Start Now is one of the biggest international hits here this year because it was played nonstop in our version of Big Brother lol

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Critical acclaim doesn’t always matter, no, but we’re talking about an album that is a huge commercial success by one of the biggest names in music that everyone in the industry is raving about. To act like that’s not a factor in this specific case is incredibly naive.

true and that’s why she’s the favorite for Pop Vocal, but Taylor has always had critically acclaimed singles or songs, whether it’s Delicate or Blank Space, songs that are commercially and critically big yet lose to bigger hits like Thinking Out Loud. That could happen to Blinding Lights as well, in which also has critical acclaim to back it up.

10/10:

Fetch the Bolt Cutters, After Hours, RTJ4, and What's Your Pleasure?

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

yes, post Malone has biggest hit and biggest album of the year which is still in top 10. But still he seems long forgotten. Maybe because he doesn’t do interviews, promos.

idk but he seems really forgotten.

He hasn’t had a new single in months which may make it seem like he’s “forgotten”; but “Circles” is still in heavy rotation on American radio (it is in the top 10 most played songs on radio as of this post).

I mean, The Weeknd is kind of in the same boat with a dead album that is being held up by a strong-performing radio hit.

Profile picture
    Camila Queen of Pop
    Topics:

Romance may or may not be in Pop Vocal, and that’s okay. Grammys are not a measure of anything. Even Taylor swift has a Grammy Lol.

'Only Camila Cabello shines on EARTH. I think the WORLD should learn something from her" - Demi lovato ✔💯

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    ZAYN
    Topics:

Romance may or may not be in Pop Vocal, and that’s okay. Grammys are not a measure of anything. Even Taylor swift has a Grammy Lol.

What do you mean by “even taylor has a grammy” ? Don’t compare that racist crapbello to legendary taylor swift.

Swift – 10 grammys,  2 AOTY

racist mila – poop.

Profile picture
    Aaliyah
    Topics:

Honey, The Weeknd is NOT winning 5-6 Grammys.  Perhaps 3-4.  He won’t win Best Music Video.

Profile picture
    Camila Queen of Pop
    Topics:

They didnt release any summer single this year. Maybe they are having tough discussions for her next release. She had big sophomore slump in all markets.

Romance underperformed, as a fan who closely follows Camila. But aren’t you the same Loose fan telling me this is a Grammy-only discussion and to enter another, more relevant thread? Should I open a Loose thread for you to take this discussion to?

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Camila Cabello is more streamed and Romance has 2.6B streams, has outstreamed that singers album. To talk sense to someone you would have to have it first besides I only take advice from tight users. You are not one of them

Now remove the Shawn Mendes collab from Romance.

FYC
    AOTY: After Hours, Fetch The Boltcutters, Folklore, Future Nostalgia, K Bye For Now, Magdalene, Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial, Punisher

Profile picture
    ZAYN
    Topics:

seriously, abel is really winning best music video?  I just re-watched the video and still don’t find a reason to reawrd that video. Rain on me video is better in every regards. 

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

“Circles” is not only one of the biggest hits of the year, it’s very Grammy-friendly. To completely leave it out of the conversation of possible winners just because you don’t personally like it is incredibly stupid and shows your blatant bias.

Better Now and Beerbongs and Bentleys were all in the same case as Circles as being the biggest hits of the year yet lost to smaller songs and albums. Sunflower could have won against Bad Guy since it was “bigger”, but didn’t.

Grammy friendly shouldn’t be a concern since Lizzo literally said she’s that bitch and she still won.

Me not liking the song has nothing to do with it, I can still jam out to it, but I can agree it has bad elements: the vocals are full of reverb, the vocals are crappy, and the instrumental is pretty bland.  Meanwhile Blinding Lights has excellent production, the vocals are clear, and is the second biggest hit of the year. I’m going to stream Circles though rn unbothered tho.

10/10:

Fetch the Bolt Cutters, After Hours, RTJ4, and What's Your Pleasure?

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 655 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 27)’ is closed to new replies.