Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 27)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 27)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 655 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
ZAYN
ELIAS
grandeswiftkn..
  • Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

Do you guys think Taylor will split ROTY/SOTY? I think she will submit Cardigan to ROTY and Exile to SOTY? Both are quite evenly popular.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Do you guys think Taylor will split ROTY/SOTY? I think she will submit Cardigan to ROTY and Exile to SOTY? Both are quite evenly popular.

It depends on what she does. If exile is released and becomes bigger than cardigan, I think she’ll just submit exile to both. Personally I think that cardigan would be a better ROTY/SOTY submission since I think the production and writing are better and more unique but I can see exile being submitted due to Bon Iver.

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

The album will spend multiple weeks at #1 as long as there’s no major releases in upcoming week.

Blame It On Baby is getting a deluxe version. So it can easily go back to number one since Rockstar will go back to number one this week.

10/10:

Fetch the Bolt Cutters, After Hours, RTJ4, and What's Your Pleasure?

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

In terms of songwriting, at least imo, Cardigan is better than Exile. But both are worthy.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Blame It On Baby is getting a deluxe version. So it can easily go back to number one since Rockstar will go back to number one this week.

folklore’s physical album will be released this week too. Interesting to see it

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Sufjan Steven - The Ascension
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Holly Humberstone - Falling Asleep At The Wheel
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    betty
    Topics:

Submit Cardigan to Song and Exile to Record. Tbh the academy doesn’t give a damn about writing when it comes to song of the year. Bad Guy is a horrendous song and they gave it song of the year.

FYC: Taylor Swift
    AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: exile feat. Bon Iver
    SOTY: cardigan
    Pop Solo: cardigan
    PD/G: exile feat. Bon Iver
    PVA: folklore
    Country Solo: betty
    Country Song: betty
    American Roots Performance: seven
    American Roots Song: seven
    Rock Performance: august
    Rock Song: august
    Traditional R&B: False God
    R&B Song: False God
    Song Visual Media: Only The Young
    Song Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts
    Music Film: Miss Americana
    Music Video: The Man

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

That’s getting released midweek so I doubt it has enough time to overtake since Taylor is still streaming well and is number 1 and 4 on iTunes. Then Target release is on Friday so that will help as well for next week.

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

Submit Cardigan to Song and Exile to Record. Tbh the academy doesn’t give a damn about writing when it comes to song of the year. Bad Guy is a horrendous song and they gave it song of the year.

bad guy winning SOTY is proof that taylor should pick one and submit it to both if she wants to stand any chance in hell of winning ROTY. still don’t see how anyone is beating abel there though

FYC: normani
    AOTY - normani x calvin harris EP
    ROTY/SOTY/PDG - bad to you
    SFVM/BMRP/BMV - diamonds

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

I would flip it if I had to. cardigan has excellent production and exile is very SOTY-esque in sound.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Aaliyah
    Topics:

Honey, it does NOT matter what Taylor Swift (BARF!) submits to Record of the Year and Song of the Year.  The blue-ribbon committee will block that bitch.

Profile picture
    ZAYN
    Topics:

Honey, it does NOT matter what Taylor Swift (BARF!) submits to Record of the Year and Song of the Year. The blue-ribbon committee will block that bitch.

Lover was blocked from SOTY last year.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

The fact that Lover, a mini #10 hit was nominated in SOTY and now Cardigan a #1 hit is not is delusional. This is well written and produced by Aaron Dessner. ROTY seems meh, but it’s pretty strong SOTY contender.

10/10:

Fetch the Bolt Cutters, After Hours, RTJ4, and What's Your Pleasure?

Profile picture
    arodfan
    Topics:

Lover was blocked from SOTY last year.

Uh…excuse me? It WAS nominated, which means it wasn’t blocked. Was that a typo or something?

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 655 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 27)’ is closed to new replies.