Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 27)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 27)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 636 total)
Created
12 months ago
Last Reply
12 months ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS✨
lipabridgerst..
Agee
  • Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Is Cardigan a lock? If so, between Dua, Harry, Post, the Weeknd and Billie, who’s out?

i think cardigan is a lock in pop solo. The song is predicted to stay in the top ten next week and it already is a number 1. Plus the song is amazing and Taylor has never sounded better

FYC: Grammys 2022

AOTY: evermore
    ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo: willow
    Pop Album: evermore
    Pop Duo: evermore w Bon Iver
    Rap Song/ Melodic Rap: closure
    Dance Recording: long story short
    Remix Recording: Love Story (elvira)
    Country Solo/Country Song: cowboy like me
    Country Duo: You All Over Me w Marren Morris
    American Roots Perf/Song: ivy
    Gospel Per: epiphany (live)
    Rock Perf/Song: ‘tis the damn season
    Music Video: willow
    Music Film: folklore studio sessions

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Already could get into Pop Duo/Group like Spirit did. I’m predicting:

1. Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande – Rain On Me
    2. Maroon 5 – Memories
    3. Justin Bieber feat. Quavo – Intentions
    4. Beyoncé feat. Major Lazor & Shatta Wale – ALREADY
    4. JP Saxe & Julia Michaels – If The World Was Ending/Taylor Swift feat. Bon Iver – Exile

I’m still debating on whether or not to add Exile or to keep ITWWE, I feel like both are very baity but Beyoncé did surprise us last year.

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Is Billie “No Time To Die” eligible for Best Song Written for Visual Media? I mean the parent movie was postponed already, but the song is eligible considering it was released before Grammy cutoff date right?

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Is Cardigan a lock? If so, between Dua, Harry, Post, the Weeknd and Billie, who’s out?

Cardigan isn’t a lock but if the Taylor hype train is real then it’s likely to happen.

Billie would be out I think. Everything I Wanted wasn’t as big as the other hits, and people who sweep tend to miss the following year (see Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith, Lady Gaga). Harry and Dua could also be vulnerable since they’d be first time nominees in Pop.

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Is Billie “No Time To Die” eligible for Best Song Written for Visual Media? I mean the parent movie was postponed already, but the song is eligible considering it was released before Grammy cutoff date right?

Yes. Shallow competed a year before A Star Is Born was submitted as an album.

FYC - Lil Nas X

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Could Taylor nab the most nominations this year? Album of the Year, folklore Record of the Year, exile feat. Bon Iver Song of the Year, cardigan Pop Solo, cardigan Pop Duo, exile feat. Bon Iver Pop Vocal Album, folklore Country Solo, betty Country Song, betty Song for Visual Media, Only the Young Visual Film, Miss Americana

Taylor Swift is not getting 10 nominations. That is pure silliness. Betty isn’t getting into Country Solo or Country Song, she isn’t getting into Visual Media or ROTY. I see her getting into AOTY, SOTY, Pop Solo, Pop Duo, POP Vocal and Visual Film, 6 nominations.

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

I also have a feeling Already could get in, in such a weak field they won’t miss the chance to nominate Beyoncé. I think exile is in a better position than ITWWE right now, even though I would like both getting in.

I think I’m keeping exile at 5th and ITWWE at 6th just because pop-field voters are always more drawn to established names than new artists.

FYC - Lil Nas X

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

cardigan is definitely entering Pop Solo. She got in with YNTCD this year even though it didn’t hit #1 and was a far worse song. I currently have Harry out, mainly my gut is telling me that. If Watermelon Sugar blows up even more he could get in though, and maybe they will just skip Billie for this year.

I’ll keep Harry and have Billie out. She’s not at Adele level yet where she can snatch a slot back to back.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Yeah, Billie’s probably out unless somehow My Future blows up. Though, judging by how it’s already falling, it won’t.

FYC
    AOTY: Blue Weekend-Wolf Alice
    ROTY/SOTY: WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion
    Best Drama Actress: Mj Rodriguez

Profile picture
    darren
    Topics:

Billie is in Pop Solo. “Everything I Wanted” was a big hit and “My Future” is fresh. She just swept this year’s Grammys; voters clearly like her. She’s definitely ahead of Doja Cat and Dua Lipa

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

August 4, 2020 at 7:47 am#1203625938 Billie is in Pop Solo. “Everything I Wanted” was a big hit and “My Future” is fresh. She just swept this year’s Grammys; voters clearly like her. She’s definitely ahead of Doja Cat and Dua Lipa

Don’t Start Now was the biggest song by a woman this year and it got great reviews. Dua is ahead of Billie. Not to mention Bille was able to sweep with Bad Guy and Everything I Wanted’s popularity is nowhere near Bad Guy’s.

FYC
    AOTY: Blue Weekend-Wolf Alice
    ROTY/SOTY: WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion
    Best Drama Actress: Mj Rodriguez

Profile picture
    darren
    Topics:

Don’t Start Now was the biggest song by a woman this year

We saw how that helped Halsey last year

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 636 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 27)’ is closed to new replies.