Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 27)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 27)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 655 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
ZAYN
ELIAS
grandeswiftkn..
  • Profile picture
    Mr.Simons
    Topics:

Harry Styles is happening in GF. He is not skipped.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore: AOTY, Pop Vocal Album
    Cardigan: SOTY, ROTY, BPSP, BMV
    Exile: BPDP
    Betty: Best Country Song
    Miss Americana: Best Music Film
    Only the Young: Best Song Written for Visual Media

Profile picture
    Robinladen
    Topics:

I mean Shawn Mendes showed up in the general field before so it’s not impossible for Harry to but he’ll be the definition of filler there.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Cardigan is a standout lyrically on the album, and it’s better then exile. exile feels like an ehh “Somebody that I Used to know” part 2, but I like the sentiment of someone being your home.

10/10:

Fetch the Bolt Cutters, After Hours, RTJ4, and What's Your Pleasure?

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>What Robinladen said. I am totally expecting Harry to get some filler nods in the GF.</p>

Profile picture
    Mr.Simons
    Topics:

Post Malone may be skipped from AOTY. Republic will be more focused in The Weeknd and Taylor.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore: AOTY, Pop Vocal Album
    Cardigan: SOTY, ROTY, BPSP, BMV
    Exile: BPDP
    Betty: Best Country Song
    Miss Americana: Best Music Film
    Only the Young: Best Song Written for Visual Media

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    musiccisum
    Topics:

I‘m new here and have a question. For Harry Styles for example, why are many predicting him in ROTY or SOTY but not in AOTY? Isn’t Fine Line as an album bigger than Adore you/Watermelon Sugar?

Profile picture
    fortunesfool
    Topics:

This is the first time a Super Bowl performance is in contention at the GRAMMYs. Those other half time shows weren’t submitted. Shakira & J.Lo’s moment made a big impact. It’s one of the few live events that drew millions of views and praise before the pandemic hit. Hence why it received 4 EMMY nods. If Beyoncé lost for Lemonade. Then she could lose for BIK. Let’s not forget Hamilton.

Plus people should wait until that Beyonce film is released before predicting it.

Profile picture
    Rickety-old-Thot
    Topics:

Basic Swift now officially has the same MC score as Queen Dua.

This why I don’t play with chu....

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

I‘m new here and have a question. For Harry Styles for example, why are many predicting him in ROTY or SOTY but not in AOTY? Isn’t Fine Line as an album bigger than Adore you/Watermelon Sugar?

A lot of it has to do with how “worthy” they deem him. While Fine Line is definitely huge, we have no idea whether the academy will want to nominate him in the quote unquote biggest category so soon in his career. As someone who has never been nominated, it’s hard to tell how the academy will embrace him.

However, his era is big enough that most people think that he should get at least one GF nomination just for his success. Most of us think it would be odd for him to get shut out with how well he’s been doing recently, so we predict him in those categories.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Regina
    Topics:

Honey, it would be so dope if Teyana Taylor scored an AOTY nomination.

Profile picture
    5arteet
    Topics:

Secondly, Billie didn’t sweep the pop field; she won one award there. I’m going to bet on the woman who just won all 4 main categories to get nominated over someone with no history in the pop field whose success this year has been fueled almost entirely by radio.

This statement would be valid if “Don’t Start Now” didn’t have more than 1 billion streams. “Break My Heart” might be helped by radio in the US, but it’s still the most streamed song released by a female in 2020 (350M streams).

Claiming her success is fueled “almost entirely” by radio is exaggerated and delusional. At least try and hide your negative bias.

Harry Styles also has two radio-fueled singles in the US too, don’t see anyone complaining about them.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

e a question. For Harry Styles for example, why are many predicting him in ROTY or SOTY but not in AOTY? Isn’t Fine Line as an album bigger than Adore you/Watermelon Su

Agreed. His album is bigger than his singles which is not always a bad thing. Which is why he’s likely a sure bet in Pop Vocal Album than getting into Pop Solo.

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 655 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 27)’ is closed to new replies.