Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 27)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 27)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 655 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
ZAYN
ELIAS
grandeswiftkn..
  • Profile picture
    Aaliyah
    Topics:

Honey, the blue-ribbon committee is definitely blocking Taylor Swift again.  Delusional Swifties are too blind to see it.

Profile picture
    ZAYN
    Topics:

Honey, the blue-ribbon committee is definitely blocking Taylor Swift again. Delusional Swifties are too blind to see it.

Honey, why are you howling so much?  Don’t you put FLOP xtina in your predictions?

Profile picture
    Aaliyah
    Topics:

Honey, for once, it would be so dope if black acts won all four General Field categories.  Unfortunately, it is NOT happening.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Honey, the blue-ribbon committee is definitely blocking Taylor Swift again. Delusional Swifties are too blind to see it.

Just curious, why would the block her in SOTY and ROTY? She’s never won those before. She could definitely be blocked in AOTY but in that case I still think she’ll get in SOTY as a sort of consolation prize.

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

The Weeknd x Juice WRLD is coming this Friday. We have two A-list collabs dropping this Friday since Megan and Cardi are releasing.

I love a good remix album and maybe this will make FN more listenable to me since I am more into club music than pop music. So I read this remix album is mostly remixed by house DJ The Blessed Madonna (fka The Black Madonna, a staple at Boiler Room sets and house music parties), with additional remixing by Mark Ronson. I have seen the Blessed Madonna DJ several club nights and parties before, this is not going to be EDM remixes but more like classic-house with a late night/after-party vibe and some appearances from big pop stars Madonna, Gwen and Missy. I was not a huge FN fan, but I am actually somewhat excited to hear this now that I see the list of collaborators.

Profile picture
    Aaliyah
    Topics:

Honey, even Stevie Wonder can see why the blue-ribbon committee will block Taylor Swift in Record of the Year, Album of the Year, and Song of the Year.  Given the climate, it would NOT be a good look for Swift to win major awards.  Plus, there is no narrative to nominate Taylor in the major categories.  Her singles, sales, and critical acclaim are nothing special.

Profile picture
    ZAYN
    Topics:

Her singles, sales, and critical acclaim are nothing special.

Idk, what did you smoke to say this? Her sales are infinity times better than everyone minus adele.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Honey, even Stevie Wonder can see why the blue-ribbon committee will block Taylor Swift in Record of the Year, Album of the Year, and Song of the Year. Given the climate, it would NOT be a good look for Swift to win major awards. Plus, there is no narrative to nominate Taylor in the major categories. Her singles, sales, and critical acclaim are nothing special.

They nominated her in SOTY last year and she didn’t win. I don’t know why they would not even nominate her since she probably won’t win anyways. I can understand AOTY since she does have a chance of winning that if nominated (and she’s already won twice) but SOTY should be fine.

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Idk I do think the GF could go to just black artists. Everyone agrees the Weeknd is winning ROTY.  Megan has a #1 hit and her collab with Cardi will probably do well too. She seems like a great choice for BNA

FYC
    AOTY: After Hours, Fetch The Boltcutters, Folklore, Future Nostalgia, K Bye For Now, Magdalene, Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial, Punisher

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Also I think SOTY is the Weeknds too. Sure Blinding Lights doesn’t have amazing lyrics, but SOTY hasn’t really cared about that for a while judging by its past winners.</p>
    AOTY seems to be a race between Fiona Taylor and the Weeknd. Fionas doing no campaigning and despite the fact that she has the best album of the year her awful sales probably leave her out of contention. Taylor could get it but I think she’d be too controversial. The Weeknd is a safe choice and I don’t see why they wouldn’t give it to him.

FYC
    AOTY: After Hours, Fetch The Boltcutters, Folklore, Future Nostalgia, K Bye For Now, Magdalene, Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial, Punisher

Profile picture
    Aaliyah
    Topics:

Honey, they nominated Taylor Swift in Song of the Year last year because they knew she would NOT win.  It’s a different climate this year.

Plus, 5 total Record of the Year and Song of the Year nominations for Taylor Swift is just too damn much.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    5arteet
    Topics:

Gucci actually has a valid point for once. They could easily block Taylor in the GF.

Profile picture
    ZAYN
    Topics:

Gucci actually has a valid point for once. They could easily block Taylor in the GF.

I think dua may get blocked in all pop categories. She is not happening in GFs anyway.

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 655 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 27)’ is closed to new replies.