Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 28)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 28)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 662 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Boz
ELIAS
Aaliyah
  • Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

In ’98, how many years ago was that again? I said recent. I do know she was nominated but recently? No.

Point stands, she isn’t guaranteed a nom in rock which was my point. Alt album is hers to take but she’s vulnerable in rock categories.

Fair point, but you said she was never nominated, which is incorrect. Rock song/performance would be nice but she can win alternative album without it a la St. Vincent.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

In ’98, how many years ago was that again? I said recent. I do know she was nominated but recently? No.

That is not what you said.

I’m on the fence about her getting noms for her submission in rock, she doesn’t have a nom there and the only one she has is for a category that doesn’t exist anymore.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

You just said she didn’t have any narrative.

She doesn’t. Maybe a personal thing, but having a 100 MC Score and/or making an album in quarantine has never won anyone a Grammy ever. The most critically acclaimed album almost always loses, and I’ve already mentioned there is another album with the whole quarantine narrative by a 10x Grammy winner that’s also a commercial success.

I’d say she has the veteran thing going on, but then again, she’s never really been a big Grammy player nor is she a previous AOTY nominee like Beck.

I’m tired of people making factually incorrect statements and then trying to gaslight everyone else into thinking we’re the stupid ones.

That comment in itself could very well be gaslighting lol. No one is trying to gaslight anyone, you’re just taking this too seriously.

Profile picture
    ScottyDog
    Topics:

victoria monet is getting some great reviews! too bad she’s not getting the publicity she needs.

https://www.metacritic.com/music/jaguar/victoria-monet

Profile picture
    betty
    Topics:

The Monsoon is DRAGGING!!!! 🤣

FYC: Taylor Swift
    AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: exile feat. Bon Iver
    SOTY: cardigan
    Pop Solo: cardigan
    PD/G: exile feat. Bon Iver
    PVA: folklore
    Country Solo: betty
    Country Song: betty
    American Roots Performance: seven
    American Roots Song: seven
    Rock Performance: august
    Rock Song: august
    Traditional R&B: False God
    R&B Song: False God
    Song Visual Media: Only The Young
    Song Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts
    Music Film: Miss Americana
    Music Video: The Man

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

The Rock field is always a mess filled with Alternative acts. A new category, something like “Best Alternative Perfomance” it is really necessary

Alternative “performances” go to Pop or rock depending on which genre they lean more to.

Profile picture
    Rickety-old-Thot
    Topics:

Fiona’s narrative is not merely a MC score. It’s having the most acclaimed album of the year, her album having minor political weight and “importance”, returning with an album after eight years, and being perceived as never getting her due. However, that likely won’t be enough to win AOTY, especially with no campaign. However, it is the type of album that a lot of LA folk would be passionate about. So, I give her an outside chance. But I never thought she was the front-runner (unlike Boz). I honestly don’t know about her getting Rock nods either. For right now, AOTY, Alternative and sound engineering are her only safe bets.

best albums of the year: Fetch The Bolt Cutters, Set My Heart On Fire Immediately, Superstar, What’s Your Pleasure, Run The Jewels 4, St Cloud, Grae, Nothing As The Ideal, The Descendants

Profile picture
    Aaliyah
    Topics:

Honey, since she will NOT win, Fiona Apple will get in Album of the Year before Taylor Swift.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Has anyone else dropped Doja from ROTY? I feel like she was always flimsy there due to Dr. Luke producing “Say So” (and most of her material), then the Tinychat scandal hit and it kind of feels like her hype came screeching to a halt.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Fetch the Bolt Cutters will get it before folklore because when the panel is sitting down playing the albums from front to back they’ll be bored by the time they get to “invisible strings”.

I think both albums will get in but if a white woman is winning next year best believe it won’t be Taylor Swift.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Has anyone else dropped Doja from ROTY? I feel like she was always flimsy there due to Dr. Luke producing “Say So” (and most of her material), then the Tinychat scandal hit and it kind of feels like her hype came screeching to a halt.

Hmmm. Not yet. I want to but I cant find any other song that I would take out for it. The song has staying power from one of the year’s breakout stars that has multi genre appeal. On paper it’s a shoe-in for a ROTY nod. But Dr. Luke does hold it back. In any event Pop Solo and BNA are still within her reach.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Aaliyah
    Topics:

Honey, I’m still iffy on “Say So” in ROTY.  As of now, it may get in.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

I’m leaving Say So in. It had great longevity and has a memorable sound. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if she missed though.

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

I have Say So at #7. It was a huge hit but it is true that Doja has some issues that could block. Still, I really can’t find any other replacement other than maybe Rockstar, but I don’t see double Roddy noms.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 662 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 28)’ is closed to new replies.