Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 29)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 29)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 816 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
Mr.Simons
betty
  • Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Personally for GF submissions

ROTY-exile

SOTY-cardigan

I could see them submitting cardigan to both, but that wouldn’t be wise tbh. The charts are bound to freefall, so I mean you can put exile there, especially since Bon Iver was nominated last year for Hey Ma. Plus Cardigan is much more rich of a songwriters song.

10/10:

Fetch the Bolt Cutters, After Hours, RTJ4, and What's Your Pleasure?

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    MG
    Topics:

Record Of The Year is probably the most stacked up category out of the bunch, I believe. I don’t see any more songs entering it if it hasn’t made a significant impact this year.

Profile picture
    Regina
    Topics:

Honey, stop being delusional.  “Exile” is NOT happening in Record of the Year/Song of the Year.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Mr.Simons
    Topics:

Taylor Swift is front-runner for winning multiple Grammys.  The Weeknd is not considered that big this year as this forum thinks in Grammys voters circles.

By its third week, Folklore will have around 1,105,000 points on the Building YEC chart, while After Hours has 1,260,000 in 5 months.

The top perfoming album on YEC is less than 2,000,000 at the moment.

The Grammys are charts driven, exceptionally they dont look at YEC for AOTY, but with Folklore being the most acclaimed from commercial releases, the puzzle is not that complex.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore: AOTY, Pop Vocal Album
    Cardigan: SOTY, ROTY, BPSP, BMV
    Exile: BPDP
    Betty: Best Country Song
    Miss Americana: Best Music Film
    Only the Young: Best Song Written for Visual Media

Profile picture
    korthicke
    Topics:

Is Megan the front runner yet for BNA.. she’s been staying pretty relavent throughout this year with her number 1 savage and now her soon to be number 1 WAP

Profile picture
    Mr.Simons
    Topics:

Is Megan the front runner yet for BNA.. she’s been staying pretty relavent throughout this year with her number 1 savage and now her soon to be number 1 WAP

Yes, she is the obvious, unless there is a wildcard we havent yet realised.

FYC Grammys 2021

Profile picture
    MG
    Topics:

Taylor Swift is front-runner for winning multiple Grammys. The Weeknd is not considered that big this year as this forum thinks in Grammys voters circles.

By its third week, Folklore will have around 1,105,000 points on the Building YEC chart, while After Hours has 1,260,000 in 5 months.

The top perfoming album on YEC is less than 2,000,000 at the moment.

The Grammys are charts driven, exceptionally they dont look at YEC for AOTY, but with Folklore being the most acclaimed from commercial releases, the puzzle is not that complex.

Okay wait..

– I don’t know where you’re getting that information that “The Weeknd is not considered that big this year as this forum thinks in Grammys voters circles”… The Weeknd is the competition. 2020 has been THE YEAR for The Weeknd. The Weeknd is much more clearer Front-runner then Taylor Swift.

– The Grammy’s are not chart driven.

– And I don’t think they’re going to give Taylor AOTY a 3rd time bro. After all of events that has happened in 2020, I think the Grammys are aiming more towards inclusion of diversity this upcoming year, and I honestly agree. In addition, there has been a lot of phenomenal music that has come out this year that have made a great impact within the world and the music industry in such a time in need. Music that are more deserving to win, Artist’s who have dominated throughout 2020 critically & commercially. Artist’s who have maintained longevity. Records that the general & mainstream listener have listened to continuously throughout 2020.

-I think that we are in a much different place now than where we were in the last decade and I’m sure the Grammys are in a different place as well. After going through it all in 2020, It’ll be very difficult to not have in mind during the voting process for voters. if that makes sense.

Plus, rewarding an artist who’s already won AOTY twice is probably the last thing they’ll want to do. I’m sure she’ll get nominated but I don’t think she will win.

Profile picture
    Mr.Simons
    Topics:

Okay wait.. – I don’t know where you’re getting that information that “The Weeknd is not considered that big this year as this forum thinks in Grammys voters circles”… The Weeknd is the competition. 2020 has been THE YEAR for The Weeknd. The Weeknd is the Front-runner, Not Taylor. – The Grammy’s are not chart driven. – And I don’t think they’re going to give Taylor AOTY a 3rd time bro. After all of events that has happened in 2020, I think the Grammys are aiming more towards inclusion of diversity this upcoming year, and I honestly agree. In addition, there has been a lot of phenomenal music that has come out this year that have made a great impact within the world and the music industry in such a time in need. Music that are more deserving to win, Artist’s who have dominated throughout 2020 critically & commercially. Artist’s who have maintained longevity. Records that the general & mainstream listener have listened to continuously throughout 2020. -I think that we are in a much different place now than where we were in the last decade and I’m sure the Grammys are in a different place as well. After going through it all in 2020, It’ll be very difficult to not have in mind during the voting process for voters. if that makes sense. Plus, rewarding an artist who’s already won AOTY twice is probably the last thing they’ll want to do. I’m sure she’ll get nominated but I don’t think she will win.

The Grammys ceremony is January 2021, dont forget that. Taylor Swift will spend a third week at #1 on BB200 and luckily a few more. Her album is the pinnacle of critical praise at the moment, but it is not like she hired a songwriting camp to create it. These things matter too much for Grammy voters, especially when the final round of voting takes places in AOTY. Other people have won AOTY three times, it is not something new. The Weeknd doesnt have the biggest album of the eligibilty year, even Harry Styles is doing better in the bigger picture.

FYC Grammys 2021

Profile picture
    Daniel Glaister
    Topics:

maroon 5 will be going home empty handed

Profile picture
    Regina
    Topics:

Keep dreaming!  An 88 on Metacritic is NOT “the pinnacle of critical praise.”  You delusional Taylor Swift fans act like she got an 100.

Profile picture
    Mr.Simons
    Topics:

At its best, folklore asserts something that has been true from the start of Swift’s career: Her biggest strength is her storytelling, her well-honed songwriting craft meeting the vivid whimsy of her imagination; the music these stories are set to is subject to change, so long as it can be rooted in these traditions. You can tell that this is what drives Swift by the way she molds her songs: cramming specific details into curious cadences, bending the lines to her will. It’s especially apparent on folklore, where the production—mostly by Dessner, with Jack Antonoff’s pop flair occasionally in the mix—is more minimal than she typically goes for. Her words rise above the sparse pianos, moody guitars, and sweeping orchestration, as quotable as ever.

Pitchfork

FYC Grammys 2021

Profile picture
    RichardAniston
    Topics:

Is WAP the frontrunner for Best Rap Performance at this point?

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 816 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 29)’ is closed to new replies.