Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 29)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 29)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 816 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
Mr.Simons
betty
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    N🦋
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: right;”>hi every one how are you?💜</p>
    i’d be thankful if you answer these👇

1) do you think Lose You To Love Me could have any chance of nominating in BPSP ? (i know SOTY is crowded!)

2) Could Look At Her Now get nominated in Best Dance Recording?

Profile picture
    Mr.Simons
    Topics:

Interscope wont waste any Grammy promo for Selena. If LYTLM appears in pop solo it will be a shocker.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore: AOTY, Pop Vocal Album
    Cardigan: SOTY, ROTY, BPSP, BMV
    Exile: BPDP
    Betty: Best Country Song
    Miss Americana: Best Music Film
    Only the Young: Best Song Written for Visual Media

Profile picture
    ZAYN
    Topics:

Love it or hate it but recording academy members care much about artists heavy involvement in crafting their music especially when it comes to album categories.

If we look at winners of past 10 years, the grammy are rewarding artists who writes their music with little support from others.

WWAFAWDWG – only billie and finneas.

GOLDEN HOUR – kacey writes all of her songs.

25- Adele, same reason as kacey

1989- taylor, same reason

21, fearless, babel. In all the winning albums,  this thing was similar.

Profile picture
    ZAYN
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: right;”>hi every one how are you?💜</p> i’d be thankful if you answer these👇 1) do you think Lose You To Love Me could have any chance of nominating in BPSP ? (i know SOTY is crowded!) 2) Could Look At Her Now get nominated in Best Dance Recording?

1. NO

2. NO.

This year is very competitive, selena is not getting in any category.

Profile picture
    MG
    Topics:

The Grammys ceremony is January 2021, dont forget that. Taylor Swift will spend a third week at #1 on BB200 and luckily a few more. Her album is the pinnacle of critical praise at the moment, but it is not like she hired a songwriting camp to create it. These things matter too much for Grammy voters, especially when the final round of voting takes places in AOTY. Other people have won AOTY three times, it is not something new. The Weeknd doesnt have the biggest album of the eligibilty year, even Harry Styles is doing better in the bigger picture.

I’m glad we are in the same page, The next Grammy Awards are in January 2021. That does not matter.

Can you give me any information that proves that Fine Line is doing “better” than After Hours? You can go check the Nielsen Mid-Year Report for this year if you want, At least that will give you an indication of who and what record is doing better in a scale. Just because Fine Line has more singles does not mean the album is doing better than After Hours.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Is WAP the frontrunner for Best Rap Performance at this point?

Hell no. Not even sure it’s getting a nomination. The song is seriously overrated and needlessly airheaded.

Profile picture
    Mr.Simons
    Topics:

I’m glad we are in the same page, The next Grammy Awards are in January 2021. That does not matter. Can you give me any information that proves that Fine Line is doing “better” than After Hours? You can go check the Nielsen Mid-Year Report for this year if you want, At least that will give you an indication of who and what record is doing better in a scale. Just because Fine Line has more singles does not mean the album is doing better than After Hours.

This week

Fine Line 37,340 per HDD, per Billboard 39k

After Hours 25,000 per HDD, per Billboard to be published in some hours.

https://hitsdailydouble.com/sales_plus_streaming

………………….

Building BBYEC 2020 (Nov.2019 till now)

#4 Fine Line 1,499,000 without the 39k from this week

#6 After Hours 1,289,000

https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-discussion/chart-analysis/10351655-2020-ytd-thread-united-states/page13

FYC Grammys 2021

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

LOL to those people who think Taylor Swift is winning under the grounds that she has the most critically acclaimed pop album of the year, but negates that LEMONADE, Melodrama, Norman Fucking Rockwell!, and maybe now Future Nostalgia.

Taylor Swift wins when she the undeniable pop or country artist and really doesn’t have to compete with anyone, look no further to 2016. Taylor Swift now probably has to compete with other Pop Nominees who have different commercial strengths or have a more pop sound. Look at Red, which wasn’t really country lost to Same Trailer Different Park, a country album. While I do think Taylor could still win, she’s not undeniable in pop.

And why are we still doubting Taylor’s ability to sell records? Sis can sell like crazy. The fact that Me!, You Need to Calm Down and Look What You Made Me Do charted for 20 weeks is crazy.

10/10:

Fetch the Bolt Cutters, After Hours, RTJ4, and What's Your Pleasure?

Profile picture
    Alexandra
    Topics:

The only thing Im interested in seeing is if Taylor can pull of getting an AOTY nomination. These last 2 eras the support wasn’t really there. But this year, if she misses an AOTY nom it will clearly be because she was blocked.

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

Love it or hate it but recording academy members care much about artists heavy involvement in crafting their music especially when it comes to album categories. If we look at winners of past 10 years, the grammy are rewarding artists who writes their music with little support from others. WWAFAWDWG – only billie and finneas. GOLDEN HOUR – kacey writes all of her songs. 25- Adele, same reason as kacey 1989- taylor, same reason 21, fearless, babel. In all the winning albums, this thing was similar.

WWAFAWDWG, Golden Hour and even the dreadful Babel are the only ones in this list with little to no collaborators. the stage was crowded af when 21, 25 and 1989 won.

i know you’re saying this to justify a narrative that folklore is the frontrunner over After Hours, but Fetch The Bolt Cutters also ticks all those boxes.

Profile picture
    MG
    Topics:

This week

Fine Line 37,340 per HDD, per Billboard 39k

After Hours 25,000 per HDD, per Billboard to be published in some hours.

https://hitsdailydouble.com/sales_plus_streaming

………………….

Building BBYEC 2020 (Nov.2019 till now)

#4 Fine Line 1,499,000 without the 39k from this week

#6 After Hours 1,289,000

https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-discussion/chart-analysis/10351655-2020-ytd-thread-united-states/page13

The HDD statistics only show how it’s currently (This week) doing, I’m not sure what the second source states and I don’t know how reliable that source is either. But I found a YTD (Year To Date) statistic of how both albums are doing overall, Which is what I was saying.

https://hitsdailydouble.com/ytd_project_activity

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

I do think we need to have a conversation if Roddy or Abel are the only Rap and/or R&B nominees that we should have them in serious contention. Vote splitting is very common for the Grammys: Random Access Memories, The Suburbs, Golden Hour, 1989, Fearless, and of course Morning Phase. The times it doesn’t, it’s always in pop, that person had to have the most undeniable year in pop: Fearless (kinda pop), 21, 25, 1989, and WWAFAWDWG?. 24k was the only one that had another r&b album with him in his AOTY nominee, but to be fair Kendrick and Jay split votes too as well as Lorde was not undeniable to pop voters and Bruno stole some votes from Lorde.

So I mean, since there is a plethora of pop nominees this year, hell many of us can’t pick a pop vocal winner, Abel and Roddy don’t really have to worry about that. Roddy has the biggest rap album release of the year so far and Abel has the biggest R&B release of the year so far. If any other rap nominee or r&b nominee get in this year like RTJ, Chloe x Halle, Summer Walker, Childish Gambino, Lil Baby, Megan Thee Stallion, Mac Miller, etc., I do think the Grammys will diminish their chances. 

10/10:

Fetch the Bolt Cutters, After Hours, RTJ4, and What's Your Pleasure?

Profile picture
    Mr.Simons
    Topics:

Taylor Swift is not blocked this year.  Reputation low metascore and bigger pop albums than Lover were the reasons these two didnt make it into AOTY.

Grammys is BB200 x Hot 100 x Critical Acclaim

Folklore is ticking the most boxes from the eligibility year.

Higher metascore than After Hours and possible higher placement in BB200YEC.

One big hit is not convincing enough to award an album AOTY.

I think we should start talking Harry Styles and not The Weeknd.

FYC Grammys 2021

Profile picture
    Akimu Kingsley
    Topics:

Folklore returned to #1 on US iTunes today, maybe it’s third week at #1 is locked….

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 816 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 29)’ is closed to new replies.