Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 29)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 29)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 816 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
Miss Americana
betty
  • Profile picture
    betty
    Topics:

Most of which are pop songs girl… love you but I gotta laugh that y’all call the alternative r&b/trap stuff trash.

i just don’t think it’s a big departure from the stuff he has done before. He’s great. The album to me is just ok, it’s not a moment. I do like to listen to it these songs when high specially save your tears and hardest to love.

FYC: Taylor Swift
    AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: exile feat. Bon Iver
    SOTY: cardigan
    Pop Solo: cardigan
    PD/G: exile feat. Bon Iver
    PVA: folklore
    Country Solo: betty
    Country Song: betty
    American Roots Performance: seven
    American Roots Song: seven
    Rock Performance: august
    Rock Song: august
    Traditional R&B: False God
    R&B Song: False God
    Song Visual Media: Only The Young
    Song Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts
    Music Film: Miss Americana
    Music Video: The Man

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

i just don’t think it’s a big departure from the stuff he has done before. He’s great. The album to me is just ok, it’s not a moment. I do like to listen to it these songs when high specially save your tears and hardest to love.

thats a fair argument, but to be fair, Abel really hasn’t really went full retro on a full record, it’s always been the singles been great, Starboy and I Feel It Coming for example, but the rest falls short. Many people online, including me prefer Abel being consistent, as well as the synths on the album are very different from the ones are Starboy, they are more refined.

also, the songwriting has been the most shocking part of the album, Abel is more vulnerable and more depressing. I think that’s what is different.

The Same old thing on a record is not bad, but at least bring something new to the table, and that’s what Abel did.

10/10:

Fetch the Bolt Cutters, After Hours, RTJ4, and What's Your Pleasure?

Profile picture
    Aaliyah
    Topics:

Honey, another white woman is NOT winning Album of the Year during this climate.  All hell would break loose.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Taylor Swift is loved by everyonc, people will be happy to see her win.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore: AOTY, Pop Vocal Album
    Cardigan: SOTY, ROTY, BPSP, BMV
    Exile: BPDP, Betty: Best Country Song
    Miss Americana: Best Music Film
    Only the Young: Best Song Written for Visual Media

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Taylor Swift is loved by everyonc, people will be happy to see her win.

the issue isn’t Taylor Swift lol, it’s the Grammys. Awarding a white women 3 times before any Black artist too, as well as 4 of the past 5 winners have been white women is not a good look either. The cycle has to stop.

10/10:

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

I’m still confused. Is that El Padrino guy an actual academy member or no?

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

Profile picture
    MG
    Topics:

Do y’all really think that Grammy Voters are going to forget all of the social & political injustices that has happened in 2020 and choose Taylor Swift, (someone who has already won AOTY twice) as their definitive winner? Can you imagine how bad of an image that will look on the Recording Academy? That they yet again, refused to give a person of color their biggest award of night. That they refused to give it to a group of artists who absolutely dominated 2020 with their incredible work. It’ll be a huge slap in the face towards artists of color, the Rap/ Hip Hop community, those who are fighting for social justice within the music industry, and all of those who want to see change within the Recording Academy. Their image is already bad enough, this will make them look worse. No disrespect towards Taylor and her incredible work, but it just won’t feel nor look right at all if she wins AOTY again. We are not in the 2010’s anymore. This is happening now, its real and I doubt the voters are going to forget about it when voting because we’ll still be going through it by then.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

No.

Is he trolling or does he just know people in the industry and goes off of that?

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

To be fair, the Grammys might spin it as well as “We gave ROTY and SOTY to The Weeknd and BNA to Megan Thee Stallion, so what else do you want?”

10/10:

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

But

the issue isn’t Taylor Swift lol, it’s the Grammys. Awarding a white women 3 times before any Black artist too, as well as 4 of the past 5 winners have been white women is not a good look either. The cycle has to stop.

What is the problem of a woman winning again ? I dont have any issue whether a man/woman. It is not about the gender and Grammys were dragged for the 2018 results and then women swept next year with Kacey,Cardi,Dua,Gaga winning all televised awards. I think the Grammys are corresponding to the feedback. In 2017, people said Grammys so white after Lemonade losing, then in 2018 we have for the first time this groundbreaking line-up in AOTY and Ed Sheeran OUT. But 2018 had women losing and then it trended Grammys so masculine or something i am not sure. Next year they fixed it. What feedback they got from the 2020 ceremony ?

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore: AOTY, Pop Vocal Album
    Cardigan: SOTY, ROTY, BPSP, BMV
    Exile: BPDP, Betty: Best Country Song
    Miss Americana: Best Music Film
    Only the Young: Best Song Written for Visual Media

Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 816 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 29)’ is closed to new replies.