Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 30)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 30)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 643 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
Boz
Brenda Meeks
  • Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/billboard/status/1293950714545414144?s=21

bwahaha there is a narrative between now Taylor v. Abel. Wow LOL

10/10:

Fetch the Bolt Cutters, After Hours, RTJ4, and What's Your Pleasure?

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

LOL @ all this explicit album/lyrics talk. The Grammys have recognized many songs/albums in many categories over the years with “explicit content” so that won’t stop any current single/album from being nominated or winning.

I still think The Weeknd is the frontrunner for Album of the Year and Record of the Year.

Song of the Year will probably be thrown to a different artist… maybe a Pop song. Maybe Taylor Swift (although I wouldn’t pick her)… maybe Fiona Apple. Or maybe a rap song, like “the box”.

I think if “WAP” stays at #1 for at least 3 weeks (i.e. doesn’t become just a flavor of the week like “Toosie Slide”), it will be nominated in Record of the Year. It’s fun and its about women empowerment… something the Grammys will want to highlight with their nominations this year along with BLM.

Profile picture
    MrOceanBlueEyes
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/billboard/status/1293950714545414144?s=21 bwahaha there is a narrative between now Taylor v. Abel. Wow LOL

Billboard articles mean shit.

Also I think this needs to be something people know about even if it has been mentioned a few times. The BRP listens to 5 songs of every album that made top 20, whether it’s the first 5 or 5 on shuffle is unclear, but I think it needs to be said. Make of that what you will.

Explicit doesn’t mean only curse words or explicit situations imo, it can be explicit without being vulgar. AH is explicit but doesn’t mean it’s very explicit.

FYC:
    Phoebe Bridgers: BNA
    Punisher - Phoebe Bridgers: Alternative album

Megan Thee Stallion: BNA
    Savage (Remix): ROTY, melodic rap performance

folklore - Taylor Swift: Pop Vocal Album
    exile - Taylor Swift & Bon Iver: Pop Duo or Group
    betty - Taylor Swift: Country Song

Jaime - Brittany Howard: AOTY

Rina Sawayama: BNA

Caution - The Killers: Rock Performance

Women in Music Pt. III - HAIM: Alternative album

Profile picture
    ZAYN
    Topics:

It’s fun and its about women empowerment… something the Grammys will want to highlight

SURE !!!

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

The only explicit tracks are Snowchild, Escape From LA, Faith, and Heartless,

You forgot Repeat After Me, but that’s an interlude.

10/10:

Profile picture
    kenboi99
    Topics:

That guy needs to stop pretending to be an insider

Profile picture
    musicloversnews
    Topics:

Who do we have for POTY?

I think Aaron Dessner and Jack Antonoff are locks. Aaron has promoted this album like it’s his own and produced 11/16 songs on it. Jack has credits on Folklore and Gaslighter. I also think Max Martin could return for producing The Weeknds album and Blinding Lights. Who else?

Profile picture
    Brenda Meeks
    Topics:

Who do we have for POTY?

I think Aaron Dessner and Jack Antonoff are locks. Aaron has promoted this album like it’s his own and produced 11/16 songs on it. Jack has credits on Folklore and Gaslighter. I also think Max Martin could return for producing The Weeknds album and Blinding Lights. Who else?

Jeff Bhasker?

R.I.P Chadwick Boseman

In Contention:
    Da 5 Bloods | Judas & the Black Messiah | Lovers Rock | Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom | Minari | Monsoon | Nine Days | One Night in Miami | Respect | Soul | The Trial of the Chicago 7 | The U.S. vs Billie Holiday | Without Remorse

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Explicit doesn’t mean only curse words or explicit situations imo, it can be explicit without being vulgar. AH is explicit but doesn’t mean it’s very explicit.

again, it’s a breakup album, so I mean I would say those 5 tracks that are explicit are explicit. Alone Again barely mentions drugs in one line, and Until I Bleed it Out speaks of wanting to get drugs and this specific girl out of his body and live normal. The rest I would say is very melodramatic r&b and synth wave pop. 

10/10:

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Who do we have for POTY? I think Aaron Dessner and Jack Antonoff are locks. Aaron has promoted this album like it’s his own and produced 11/16 songs on it. Jack has credits on Folklore and Gaslighter. I also think Max Martin could return for producing The Weeknds album and Blinding Lights. Who else?

Bloodpop

Aaron Dessner really I’m not sure about, do you think they would have two producers from the same album? I’m not sure if he can pull a Finneas situation since he didn’t produce the whole album.

Anyways, it really doesn’t matter, Jack Antonoff deserves to win POTY, there really shouldn’t be a discussion here.

10/10:

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

I think if “WAP” stays at #1 for at least 3 weeks (i.e. doesn’t become just a flavor of the week like “Toosie Slide”), it will be nominated in Record of the Year. It’s fun and its about women empowerment… something the Grammys will want to highlight with their nominations this year along with BLM.

Yeah, I wish betting were allowed on this site. I’d clear my account to bet this will NOT happen. What in the world? That airheaded farce of a song is at most deserving of a sleepy Rap Performance filler nod. It will NOT get an ROTY nod, especially not for some faux “women empowerment” narrative. How someone’s vaginal leakage and horniness sold “women empowerment” is crazy.

None of the “BLM” songs are hot cake either other than maybe “The Bigger Picture” (currently freefalling down the charts) and maybe H.E.R.’s “I Can’t Breathe” (although if I were her, I’d let that one slide since that line hasn’t aged well).

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Jeff Bhasker?

Dua’s producers all deserve POTY noms. They’re the sole reason her album is so acclaimed.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    Brenda Meeks
    Topics:

Dua’s producers all deserve POTY noms. They’re the sole reason her album is so acclaimed.

He also produced Fine Line 👀

I think he’s in.

R.I.P Chadwick Boseman

In Contention:
    Da 5 Bloods | Judas & the Black Messiah | Lovers Rock | Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom | Minari | Monsoon | Nine Days | One Night in Miami | Respect | Soul | The Trial of the Chicago 7 | The U.S. vs Billie Holiday | Without Remorse

Profile picture
    betty
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/billboard/status/1293950714545414144?s=21

bwahaha there is a narrative between now Taylor v. Abel. Wow LOL

its gonna get ugly!

FYC: Taylor Swift
    AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: exile feat. Bon Iver
    SOTY: cardigan
    Pop Solo: cardigan
    PD/G: exile feat. Bon Iver
    PVA: folklore
    Country Solo: betty
    Country Song: betty
    American Roots Performance: seven
    American Roots Song: seven
    Rock Performance: august
    Rock Song: august
    Traditional R&B: False God
    R&B Song: False God
    Song Visual Media: Only The Young
    Song Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts
    Music Film: Miss Americana
    Music Video: The Man

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Bloodpop is not happening in producer. He is probably the most mediocre producer working right now.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You
    https://letterboxd.com/cherry123/

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 643 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 30)’ is closed to new replies.