Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 31)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 31)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 554 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
BYEDON2020
Brenda Meeks
Roger Federer
  • Profile picture
    betty
    Topics:

Back in the 1989 era Taylor was a punching bag. This place wasn’t even predicting her to be nominated across the board. Y’all were saying Blank Space was too old and too generic. I remember a lot of you weren’t even predicting her to win anything other than Pop Vocal Album and Music video. Y’all were laughing and cheering that she wouldn’t even be up on stage to receive a Grammy in the main telecast because pop vocal got regulated to the pre show and that was her only lock. We shall see what happens but honestly this folklore era feels the same as back then.

FYC: Taylor Swift
    AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: exile feat. Bon Iver
    SOTY: cardigan
    Pop Solo: cardigan
    PD/G: exile feat. Bon Iver
    PVA: folklore
    Country Solo: betty
    Country Song: betty
    American Roots Performance: seven
    American Roots Song: seven
    Rock Performance: august
    Rock Song: august
    Traditional R&B: False God
    R&B Song: False God
    Song Visual Media: Only The Young
    Song Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts
    Music Film: Miss Americana
    Music Video: The Man

Profile picture
    Brenda Meeks
    Topics:

Taylor Swift is a threat. Plain and simple. Folklore has outperformed all of the other contenders in 1 week. It’s a frontrunner. The only thing in her way is the corrupt ass BRP.

Profile picture
    lsstg
    Topics:

Look at the lyrical content then what it says on Apple Music/Spotify. I checked myself.

Ah, I see, thanks for clearing that up. Do explicit albums have a history of being at a disadvantage for the awards? I mean, folklore is hardly explicit; After Hours a bit more, but nothing too extreme.

Profile picture
    BYEDON2020
    Topics:

Back in the 1989 era Taylor was a punching bag. This place wasn’t even predicting her to be nominated across the board. Y’all were saying Blank Space was too old and too generic. I remember a lot of you weren’t even predicting her to win anything other than Pop Vocal Album and Music video. Y’all were laughing and cheering that she wouldn’t even be up on stage to receive a Grammy in the main telecast because pop vocal got regulated to the pre show and that was her only lock. We shall see what happens but honestly this folklore era feels the same as back then.

1989 was the biggest and only big pop album in contention. Folklore is not alone, as it has The Weeknd, Dua Lipa, Post Malone and Harry Styles to worry about. And Folklore is not as big as 1989. 1989 was everywhere, and while it was yes bashed heavily, it still was predicted to win against To Pimp A Butterfly and Sound & Color. So I don’t see the pressedness. She and The Weeknd are the frontrunners, it’s up to the Grammys on who they wanna throw the bone to during nomination time. I’m telling you, if The Weeknd is the only R&B nominee, he’s winning AOTY.

If you are in the US, vote! It’s important if live in the following swing states: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Ohio, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan.

Profile picture
    BYEDON2020
    Topics:

Ah, I see, thanks for clearing that up. Do explicit albums have a history of being at a disadvantage for the awards? I mean, folklore is hardly explicit; After Hours a bit more, but nothing too extreme.

Explicit albums have won before: Speakerboxxx///The Love Below and 24k Magic. But I definitely believe there have to have a change of heart when awarding Black artists AOTY, as most of them are explicit, so therefore I predict the next Black artist to win is going to be for a profane album.

Anyways, an explicit album, whether it’s Folklore or After Hours or Fetch the Bolt Cutters or Future Nostalgia or Please Excuse Me For Being Anti-Social or Hollywood’s Bleeding is winning. The only non-explicit album is Fine Line but I don’t about that one chief.

If you are in the US, vote! It’s important if live in the following swing states: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Ohio, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan.

Profile picture
    BYEDON2020
    Topics:

If Billie Eilish can prove to conservative voters by calling God a she, I don’t see the issue of Abel talking about sex and drugs on 5 tracks.

Profile picture
    A Single Tear
    Topics:

1989 was a great album. My daughter and I saw Taylor in concert. She’s a great performer. That album deserved it’s awards. Shake It Off was on always on the radio.

30 Years of Ghost.
    2 Academy Awards
    “Molly you in danger girl” - Oda Mae Brown
    R.I.P. Patrick Swayze

Profile picture
    betty
    Topics:

1989 was the biggest and only big pop album in contention. Folklore is not alone, as it has The Weeknd, Dua Lipa, Post Malone and Harry Styles to worry about. And Folklore is not as big as 1989. 1989 was everywhere, and while it was yes bashed heavily, it still was predicted to win against To Pimp A Butterfly and Sound & Color. So I don’t see the pressedness. She and The Weeknd are the frontrunners, it’s up to the Grammys on who they wanna throw the bone to during nomination time. I’m telling you, if The Weeknd is the only R&B nominee, he’s winning AOTY.

no sis she was never predicted to win. Even after everything 1989 accomplished massive sales multiple number ones people were still discrediting her on here.

FYC: Taylor Swift
    AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: exile feat. Bon Iver
    SOTY: cardigan
    Pop Solo: cardigan
    PD/G: exile feat. Bon Iver
    PVA: folklore
    Country Solo: betty
    Country Song: betty
    American Roots Performance: seven
    American Roots Song: seven
    Rock Performance: august
    Rock Song: august
    Traditional R&B: False God
    R&B Song: False God
    Song Visual Media: Only The Young
    Song Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts
    Music Film: Miss Americana
    Music Video: The Man

Profile picture
    BYEDON2020
    Topics:

no sis she was never predicted to win. Even after everything 1989 accomplished massive sales multiple number ones people were still discrediting her on here.

https://www.goldderby.com/odds/user-odds/grammy-awards-2015/

yes she was predicted, even for SOTY over Ed Sheeran, sooo

Anyways people on here are going to discredit here. I’m just saying she’s not the runaway favorite as many have her here, even though I think her album is on par with Dua Lipa and is the better pop albums of the year. I definitely prefer her taking Pop Vocal then Post Malone, Harry Styles and Lady Gaga IMO, but she has WAY much competition then 2016.

Profile picture
    Adele
    Topics:

Taylor Swift + Folklore = BLOCKED by blue-ribbon committee 🙂

Profile picture
    River
    Topics:

Folklore may lose for a hundred reasons but not for being “explicit” lol

Profile picture
    Alexandra
    Topics:

If Taylor doesn’t get blocked and Taylor and the weekend were to both end up in AOTY, who do y’all think would win? I ask this because I wonder if Taylor’s biggest obstacle is getting nominated or will voters even choose her knowing she has won twice? Let me know y’all’s opinions..

Profile picture
    Religion
    Topics:

Taylor is absolutely NOT getting blocked. Folklore is undeniable, it’s getting in AOTY 100%.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

imagine thinking Harry was ignored when he was in 1d when theirs songs were horrible, they never deserved a nomination. Harry grow a lot as an artist so y’all should stop with this 1d shit

Not all of 1D’s songs were bad. I honestly think Story of my Life and Night Changes are better songs than Watermellon Sugar and Adore You.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

1 to 2 of these Hip-Hop Albums: Roddy Richh – Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial DaBaby – Blame it On Baby Megan Thee Stallion – Suga Run the Jewels – RTJ4

Underestimate Juice Wrld at your own risk. He has the 1nd most scclaimed rap album this year after RTJ4 (so the most acclained mainstream album) and beats everyone except Taylor Swift and Post Malone in sales. Aside from Roddy, he’s the most likely rapper to make it in. I have him as a spoiler nom in AOTY.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 554 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 31)’ is closed to new replies.