Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 31)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 31)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 554 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
Brenda Meeks
ZAYN
  • Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Cardigan is tanking so hard! Seems like BPSP will be: Blinding Lights, Don’t Start Now, Watermelon Sugar, Circles and Everyhing I wanted. Perhaps this is naiive but I still think Cardigan will get into SOTY.

I still don’t think Everything I Wanted makes it in. It’s already been mostly forgotten (she’s lucky the VMA’s didn’t forget) and by the time voting starts it will be completely forgotten. Plus, Pop Solo voters snubbed her last year, so I don’t think they like her enough to give her a filler nom.

If “cardigan” doesn’t make it in than the 5th spot will be Say So.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Taylor can still easily make it in Pop Solo Performance with a moderate hit, just like Gaga got in with Joanne and Bey with Spirit. The lack of a big hit can ruin her chances in Pop Vocal Album though. If Harry overperforms, I will probably predict him to take it.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You
    https://letterboxd.com/cherry123/

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

It’s already been mostly forgotten (she’s lucky the VMA’s didn’t forget)

This is contradictory.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You
    https://letterboxd.com/cherry123/

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Taylor can still easily make it in Pop Solo Performance with a moderate hit, just like Gaga got in with Joanne and Bey with Spirit. The lack of a big hit can ruin her chances in Pop Vocal Album though. If Harry overperforms, I will probably predict him to take it.

While I think it’s unlikely that she’ll get in BPSP, I still think she’s the frontrunner for BPVA. folklore is definitely an “album” album. Single success probably won’t make a massive difference since it’s more meant as an album than a collection of hits. As long as the album continues to do as well as it currently is (3 weeks number 1 so far in the US and UK) and maintains longevity throughout fall (like it probably will), she’s will be the strongest there.

All of this unless one of the other nominees massively overperforms and she only get 1 or 2 nominations.

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

Profile picture
    Brenda Meeks
    Topics:

“Cardigan” is getting in Pop Solo.

R.I.P Chadwick Boseman

In Contention:
    Da 5 Bloods | Judas & the Black Messiah | Lovers Rock | Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom | Minari | Monsoon | Nine Days | One Night in Miami | Respect | Soul | The Trial of the Chicago 7 | The U.S. vs Billie Holiday | Without Remorse

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

For the last time, Harry won’t win Pop Vocal Album. He’s 4th place at best. Dua will be 2nd place if her remix album is a huge success: if not, Post Malone will be 2nd place. Post and Taylor still have every advantage over Harry.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Harry is likely top 2 for Pop Vocal and has been for a while.

You need a supporting pop nod to win Pop Vocal Album. I think only twice has an album won without any other nom for the era (James Taylor & Joni Mitchell – Taylor had an Eng nom), so if Taylor misses then she’s likely not winning.

I wouldn’t underestimate Dua Lipa. Break My Heart is predicted to reach the top 10 soon, and Levitating is being sent to radio. Plus, Future Nostalgia is a very baity album since they love throwbacks. I don’t have her winning but she could be a dark horse.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/the-weeknd-donation-beirut-explosion-relief-1043724/

I was joking before, but honestly The Weeknd’s philanthropy is so far above anyone else this year it’s insane!

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

He’s donated $2.15 Million in two months.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

He’s donated $2.15 Million in two months.

I hope this doesn’t exactly count as “campaigning” of any kind because that’s just ridiculous.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Harry is likely top 2 for Pop Vocal and has been for a while. You need a supporting pop nod to win Pop Vocal Album. I think only twice has an album won without any other nom for the era (James Taylor & Joni Mitchell – Taylor had an Eng nom), so if Taylor misses then she’s likely not winning. I wouldn’t underestimate Dua Lipa. Break My Heart is predicted to reach the top 10 soon, and Levitating is being sent to radio. Plus, Future Nostalgia is a very baity album since they love throwbacks. I don’t have her winning but she could be a dark horse.

Taylor will get Pop Duo for “exile” at least, and is still in the running for Pop Solo with “cardigan”. Even if neither song is a huge hit, Taylor can still win Pop Vocal as long as her album remains on top in acclaim and sales.

I agree not to underestimate Dua. She’s likely 2nd place right now because of acclaim and passion. Now, if her remix album is a huge flop it could ruin her era, but if it does well it will give her a huge boost.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I hope this doesn’t exactly count as “campaigning” of any kind because that’s just ridiculous.

I doubt he’s doing it purely for attention, if that’s what you mean. But it certainly will help his chances.

Profile picture
    Brenda Meeks
    Topics:

And no, Harry won’t win Pop Album. He will probably be 4th in the end….

Votes Based on Past GRAMMY Favorability
    1. Folklore
    2. Chromatica
    3. Future Nostalgia
    4. Hollywood’s Bleeding
    5. Fine Line

Votes Based on Current Eras
    1. Folklore
    2. Fine Line
    3. Future Nostalgia
    4. Chromatica
    5. Hollywood’s Bleeding

Votes Based on Impact & Sales
    1. Folklore
    2. Hollywood’s Bleeding
    3. Fine Line
    4. Chromatica
    5. Future Nostalgia

Votes Based on Baitiness & Acclaim
    1. Folklore
    2. Future Nostalgia
    3. Fine Line
    4. Chromatica
    5. Hollywood’s Bleeding

Overall:
    1. Folklore
    2. Future Nostalgia
    3. Fine Line
    4. Chromatica
    5. Hollywood’s Bleeding

R.I.P Chadwick Boseman

In Contention:
    Da 5 Bloods | Judas & the Black Messiah | Lovers Rock | Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom | Minari | Monsoon | Nine Days | One Night in Miami | Respect | Soul | The Trial of the Chicago 7 | The U.S. vs Billie Holiday | Without Remorse

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 554 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 31)’ is closed to new replies.