Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 36)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 36)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 499 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
epiphany
rue
blackwidow12
  • Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Gaslighter was also a huge flop though. I don’t think the album makes it into AOTY, but the song may make SOTY. That’s pretty much all they can expect though.

Commercial success is not the ultimate card in deciding who will get nominated in general field especially when we talk about country representatives, they are not pop which rely too much on charts and sales. The Chicks were three time AOTY nominees, won one in 2007. Gaslighter was considered their huge comeback, and it was universally praised by critics. There’s huge possibility that they will get nominated instead of getting snubbed judging from their Grammy record.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

There are plenty of swifties here that are predicting nominations across the board, even in the american roots and country fields.

They were predicting a possible submission to American Roots but I agree with the point.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

There’s difference between possible submission, possible nomination and possible winning but some people always do the most when it comes to Swifties. Yikes!

Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Omg can August 31st come any faster 😭😭😭😭

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Omg can August 31st come any faster 😭😭😭😭

Yes, sis. I’m ready for the Brandy vs. Monica VERZUS, too!

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Cute reminder: please, if we’re getting submissions from Natalie or NuCat, please try to ask artists that are worth it first.

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Cute reminder: please, if we’re getting submissions from Natalie or NuCat, please try to ask artists that are worth it first.

Im just going to wait until Billboard or a reliable news source discuss it in full. Not some random ass people online…

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    Sometimes I Might Be Introvert
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    Topics:

Taylor will probably get in over Billie in pop solo if they like folklore.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Im just going to wait until Billboard or a reliable news source discuss it in full. Not some random ass people online…

They are not “random ass people.” They have been reliable and very helpful. They don’t have to give us anything, but they do, and they are usually 100% right on.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

Just silently shouted the lyrics to “Under The Table” on the way home. I may be a Phoebe Bridgers stan, but god damn Fiona I love you. Can we have Taylor, Abel, Fiona, and Megan/Phoebe as our GF recipients to spread the love?

My stats are updated every day. Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: playful-cheese-320)!

R&B Performance- "Pick Up Your Feelings" by Jazmine Sullivan
    Pop Song - "Paprika" by Japanese Breakfast
    Rock Song - "My Baby Wants a Baby" by St. Vincent
    Alternative Album - Blue Weekend by Wolf Alice
    Folk Album - Songs by Adrianne Lenker
    Pop Album - Happier Than Ever by Billie Eilish

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Commercial success is not the ultimate card in deciding who will get nominated in general field especially when we talk about country representatives, they are not pop which rely too much on charts and sales. The Chicks were three time AOTY nominees, won one in 2007. Gaslighter was considered their huge comeback, and it was universally praised by critics. There’s huge possibility that they will get nominated instead of getting snubbed judging from their Grammy record.

I guess commercial success only applies to Lady Gaga cos y’all are saying she’s not getting anything in GF since her album has sank hard. So much bias on here

Laga Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

I guess commercial success only applies to Lady Gaga cos y’all are saying she’s not getting anything in GF since her album has sank hard. So much bias on here

Gaga is completely a different case from The Chicks. They are Grammy legends who swept the GF in 2007 after being completely blacklisted from the Country world and putting their career at a huge risk just because they spoke their mind. And now they just released their first album after 14 years. It’s comprehensible they’ll want to award them.

I don’t have them in AOTY rn, but they are more likely than Gaga.

Gaga is not in a good place this era, we have talked about this a million times. And we have also listed all the reasons.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Like I said earlier, pop artists strongly rely on commercial success rather than critical success in order to be nominated in AOTY (Teenage Dream, Beerbong & Bentley etc. were panned by critics). That logic simply can’t be applied on country/Americana album, take A Sailor’s Guide to Earth and By the Way, I Forgive You as examples. Gaga actually has shot in general field until Taylor coming out of nowhere with folklore tho.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 36)’ is closed to new replies.